Owlkin Frenzy? Dreamstate?

Im really surprised by the amount of druids putting talent points into these! Is there something im missing? I assume most are probably skimming the tooltips and seeing "damage increase" under Owlkin Frenzy, and ignoring the part where in order to get that increase, the attack must be done to YOU.... meaning your tank is probably long dead with a boss whacking you in order for that to proc!? Ive played around with it in heroics and raids, and have yet to see anything proc it! If anyone can give me some fight examples of where it procs without being attacked, that would be most helpful, as I have not completed all the new raid content yet, and can't imagine it being usefull!

As far as Dreamstate goes, perhaps its just me, but ive grown accustomed to innervating my healers in need, and they love me for it! Im in almost all 346ilvl gear, nothing very impressive, and have been raiding BH and BD without needing to innervate myself ever! Im usually only at around 15% mana by the time the boss is dead, but hey, hes dead! On a side note, I do use glyph of innervate, which makes me gain 50% of the effect.

Another talent point that seems to go to waste for me is Solar Beam. I was specced into it for a little over a month, had a lot of fun with it, but consistently found it unnecessary since everyone and their mother already was using there interrupts with much quicker cooldowns. Mine was just there to look pretty apparently! So I finally specced out of that, and it hasn't been an issue at all, but I guess that depends on who your heroic-ing/raiding with.

So where am I putting my points instead you may wonder? Moonglow. Blessing of The Grove. Furor. and let me tell you, maybe its my spec, maybe its my years of boomkin dedication, but other boomkins with similar gear specced into things like Owlkin Frenzy and Dreamstate are doing much LESS dps.

I realize these talent specs can be highly situational, but I hope my points make some boomkin think a little more about what works best for them. Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts on these talents and there usefulness. Is there a certain fight where Owlkin Frenzy procs during aoe damage? Is there a certain fight where your going oom? Which fight is everyone depending on you to interrupt?

P.S. wild mushrooms suck.
    Last edited by Arrousalla; 2010-12-30 at 01:11 PM.
    Please?

Deleted
    Owlkin frenzy is very situational, that's all i'm saying

I suppose if your explicit intention is to enable yourself to give your Innervate away, an argument could be made to put points into Moonglow instead of Dreamstate. The same argument could be made for points in Furor over points in Dreamstate (though this is less of an either / or). However, as far as personal regen goes, Dreamstate is massively superior to both talents. As to Owlkin Frenzy, it does proc in raid encounters from some aoe damage attacks. It definitely doesn't proc often -- I messed with 2 points in it to see how it was acting in Cata raids and got a whopping 1% uptime on it. I actually got 8.5% uptime on it on Omnitron Defense System (3 procs) but I'm not sure if that was crazy dice or normal. We didn't touch Nef or Al'Akir the day I tested it -- they may have some abilities that raise it up as well but, for now, I put those 2 points back in Furor.

Anyway, Dreamstate points are valuable at current gear levels, I definitely self-innervate atm and let's just say my damage is fine

EDIT: also, don't knock Solar Beam -- I've found it valuable at least on Cho'gall fight and even if it ends up being useful on just that one fight, it's still a valuable point.
    Last edited by Calculated; 2010-12-30 at 03:31 PM.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

I've been a raiding Moonkin since TBC, so when Blizzard gives me a silence (arguably one of the best in-game right now) for one talent point and no pre-reqs (at least the Spriests have that excuse) I jump on it. For too long Moonkins have been a fairly useless class utility wise. Sure we'd bring our aura, which is now cancelled out by other spec's, and we had Innervate and Brez, but then, so did all the other Druids.
    No, when I see a Moonkin who's skipped Solar Beam, I just sigh and gently prod them to get it. You say other people are quick to jump on interupts; guess what, in the world of random pugs, they really aren't. Just like you'll get healers who don't dispel, you'll get whole groups of Shaman and Rogues who can't interupt to save their lives, or yours. Solar Beam lasting as long as it does over such a large area is usually long enough to kill at least one caster, meaning you can move to the other mobs with ease. And really, it's one point, what other talent could you possibly put just one point into and get such a powerful tool?
    Owlkin Frenzy I took before I had to respec due to mana issues. It's a great talent. In Wrath, especially early Wrath, I would have agreed with you and said it's PvP or situational. You know how many Cataclysm bosses have aoe? Or adds that have to be nuked down without really being tanked? When you fully spec into Owlkin Frenzy, on most bosses, it'll be up quite a bit, and that damage buff is no joke.
    Now it only Blizzard would return it to its former mana-returning glory, then I could drop some of these lame talents like Moonglow and pick up something cool.
    Oh yeah, Dreamstate. I took it for leveling just because, at first I thought it would be useless since I, too, love being "that guy" who saves the raid by Innervating the healers, but after your first few levels Moonkin start having serious mana issues, and I didn't regret taking it. You say you don't need it, but you're using the glyph, whereas I chose more utility/cc glyphs, so that's the only thing keeping you from being another Cata oomkin.

Hopefully now you see that these talents are not useless and some are in fact the best ones you can get beyond your standard "more crit!" type talents.

Dreamstate are HUGE mana return talents, however once you have reasonable gear you're not going oom unless you're AoEing or needing to heal etc.
    With dreamstate can be lazy and never really pay much attention to mana, innervate once when low, easy. Without dreamstate like resto it becomes very important to pay attention and get your 2 uses per fight out of it for your 2 glyph regens.
    If you have dreamstate you should really still be throwing an innervate on healer early since second dreamstate innervate is overkill on requirements.

OP sure likes his exclamation mark button.

I don't take Dreamstate atm because I generally don't need to innervate myself in my gear and spec. I take a couple points in Frenzy because well, there's not much else to take, and it's a solid talent on some fights. Generally what exactly procs it is a little weird to nail down. It's not a matter of "the boss melees you in the face" only.