Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Getting fed up of WoW

I like most people, was so excited for cataclysm when it was announced. In particular the fact that heroics were going to be difficult and provide a challenge was something I was looking forward to, but now it's came around it's starting to ruin the game for me really.
    You see, my guild while it is full of nice people, is shit. It's small, people rarely talk (and when they do it's because the female GM has sparked a conversation) and people hardly ever want to do HC's. Which mean's i'm forced to pug. On my DPS characters, this means an hour long wait, 1 or 2 bosses down in any given heroic, 5 wipes followed by a disband. On my tank, it means pretty much the exact same, with a shorter queue.

So I can hear you all saying "Just join another guild that does do heroics and is bigger". Well of course, this is what I want. The problem is that (other than the levelling guilds on my server) every single guild requires you to fill in an application on how much raid experience you have overall, eligible play times, how often you can raid and all sorts of other stupid stuff that is completely irrelevant to just doing heroics and being social. And quite often they tend to be intrusive too, asking for a considerable amount of your personal information (one of the more hardcore guilds going as far as to ask for a phone number, msn, PC speccs, a screenshot of your UI and home address.). And before you say "Just form your own guild" I really just wouldn't have enough time to recruit people, sort out any disputes and all that jazz.

I'm just starting to become tired with the game. Every time I have to do a LFD group (because I really have no other choice, like i've said about my guild) I lose more and more faith in humanity, and I never get anything done through them. The other guilds want to know my age, height, gender, where I live and how they can get in contact with me (ok i'm exaggerating with height). And then with heroics also being a lot longer, it's becoming pretty tough to actually fit WoW into my schedule too, with college, a girlfriend, friends and family commitments.

Sorry I know this is just a great big QQ/vent post, but WoW is becoming more of a chore, than it is fun. Anyone else having similar problems?

Deleted
    I have never ever experienced this! I suggest changing servers!

Deleted
    Hello Tommy2er,

I read your post with a bit of exitement, as there are very few people that say that they are "fed up" with WoW as the game is right now. Due to the fact that everythin is new and shiny, as you also stated yourself. After being done reading, I thought (being the GM of my guild), you sound like you have the heart in the right place, id let you join any day - so I don't know what's wrong with all them other guilds :P More interesting, I noted that you are on Vek'nilash EU, my server So if you'd want a friendly very socail guild, that does heroics all the time *wink*, then give me a shout ingame. Ill post my details to you on a private message.

- Lozzano out.
    Last edited by mmocdf6964c102; 2010-12-30 at 02:34 PM.

Just write a damn application to a new guild. It would probably take less time than writing this topic here.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I'm kind of hitting that now, but my guild is probably smaller then yours. We have a set of us that try to do heroics every day but when others don't log on, we have no one to go with.

If you're really looking for another option, have you tried the wow guild recruitment threads? I've used it once, and met probably some of the greatest people from the guild I joined, and it was only a small 10 man guild. You could just start a thread and say exactly what you're looking for. I'm sure you aren't the only one experiencing this and wanting to do something.

Hahaha I'd love to know why they want you home adress ;D

Hey, I've played in Vek'nilash aswell, although I don't remember you, I remember your guild.
    What you can do is, apply as a Social, specially if you know someone in a different guild, you can ask him/her to get you in as Social/Friend so that you can always team up for heroics with them.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Indeed, come to Kul tiras (EU)!

Deleted
    I got fed up with WoW in the last couple of months of Wrath. I rolled on another server and I'm much happier now remember that you aren't forced to stay where you are and the levelling process is a fun one.

Most guilds do have a friend rank of sorts. If you know people in another guild, see if they can get you in under that rank. If you want to raid, fill out an app. Obviously you shouldn't be filling out apps that require your phone number, home address, or nude pics, but UI screenshots, name, age, raiding experience, etc are all standard fare. If you're trying to raid, guilds want tto make sure it's worth giving you a shot. If you just want to run heroics, then I am sure there are plenty of guilds that will take you, especially when you offer them a tanking character.

The Dungeon-Finder is one of the greater inventions Blizzard has implemented, due to the fact you don't have to spam in trade to get a party... there is nothing wrong with it just the fact there are more dps than tanks and healers which has been always the case.

Try to gear up and you'll have no problems to get into a guild that wants to do runs with you together, try tanking or try befriend people on the realm while questing and do dungeons with them, it's not that hard to socialize even in WoW, got into my previous two guilds through people I know.

Your server sounds horrible no offense personally, but you should leave it like a burning trailer on an autumn morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Hahaha I'd love to know why they want you home adress ;D
    So they can come beat the crap out of you when you stand too much in the fire

Deleted
    If you got problems with posting a app for a better guild, then its your own fault, its not the game that put you there, its yourself!

Its like this bus driver being everyday pissed cause he hates the job, he rage at the people on the bus.

In the end its his own fault, he took the job, no1 forced him to drive !
    If your guild aint right for you, seek elsewhere, fixed?

Bout the LFD, you aint the only one with the issue, learn to live with it for now or quit the game...Its that simple

Don't start losing faith in humanity because of wow problems... .. I had a situation similar to yours about 2 years ago in BC. I was on a low pop alliance server.. US- Underbog to be exact and that was my first server etc.. I started seeing other people in full Tempest Keep gear + on horde and other servers and my guild was having trouble getting the first 2-3 bosses down in Zul Aman. I was looking all over the place to find other players of my skill level so I changed servers.. and now I am clearing raids and downing heroic modes of bosses. It seems like a server change is necessary.. I changed servers to some RL friends servers and haven't looked back. They are medium-high pop servers.. enough pop to where there are plenty of successful guilds, and low enough to where there's no login-que. So I would suggest changing servers and try to get a RL friend to tag along or whoever just so you aren't alone. If you can afford it that would probably fix your problem, a fresh start anywhere is always nice. Good luck.

Edit: Also with your busy lifestyle raiding may not be for you.. or this game. This game takes some time to get the best rewards, so with your gf and school I would recommend a diff game, because wow in most cases isn't good for relationships and also college grades. For those of you that insist on boasting, I said in most cases, not everyone. Some people can hack it with wow and get good grades and keep the wife happy, but it's hard to do in my own experience.
    Last edited by slinx; 2010-12-30 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Well, a few things.

You want an active guild who does HC-runs on a regular basis. But on the other hand, you don't want a guild wich is to hardcore for your sake. This issue will always leave you "in the middle". Like this you'll be the "To-Active-For-Our-Crappy-Social-Guild" or "The-Slacker-Of-Our-Hardcore-Guild".

I suggest: Find yourself a MediumCore guild. One who approves socials and don't demand to much of you. They'll love an extra Tank (or DPS) who can help them out doing daily HC's, I'll bet. This might mean you have to fill in an application. I am in a Hard-Core guild, but they don't demand my "phone number, msn, PC speccs, a screenshot of your UI". I did needed to make an application, but they will just kick a fail member in their Trial. But there are guilds who demand all that info, so just find another one if you hate to fill up that kind of application....

I bet if you find a more suitable guild, you'll love the world of Azeroth again.

Also, in a few months, everyone will /faceroll through the Heroics. People will gear up and it will become more easy and easy to do them runs, even in Pugs. Personally, I only share your fails on puggs in the first 2 weeks. (my first finshed Heroic felt like a 3,5 hour wipefest raid ) But the last week it's been more easy already. (Yeah, sometimes we fail on tanks/healer-availability, so I gotta pug it too) So you could just wait for a month or two, and you'll see that Pugg heroics are fine. (like normals now)

Hope you regain your pleasure of playing WoW. If not, just quit it and go do some fun stuff with your girlfriend

There are plenty of realms for you to transfer to and now that leveling is at it's easiest, you could just roll onto a new server and start fresh.

The problem is that (other than the levelling guilds on my server) every single guild requires you to fill in an application on how much raid experience you have overall, eligible play times, how often you can raid and all sorts of other stupid stuff that is completely irrelevant to just doing heroics and being social. And quite often they tend to be intrusive too, asking for a considerable amount of your personal information (one of the more hardcore guilds going as far as to ask for a phone number, msn, PC speccs, a screenshot of your UI and home address.). And before you say "Just form your own guild" I really just wouldn't have enough time to recruit people, sort out any disputes and all that jazz.
    Just ask for a social spot, that you have no intentions to raid and just want to do some heroics and play casual. Let them know you got a tank char aswell and it'll be instant invite.

A number of players rejoiced at the announcement of heroics truly being heroic. Not many of them thought about how bad the vast majority of wow players really are at this game. So I am not really surprised to find out that you have been having trouble completing. I myself try not pug heroics ever. I do my daily when a guild group does it.

When I do have to pug it, I get quite annoyed with people doing 3k dps, or players who cheat the ilevel to get into the heroics in the first place. Tanks wearing green gear and wondering why they are getting smashed so hard and the healer ends up out of mana. Players running heroics without even the cheapest cata enchants and gems. On my server these sorts of things go for less than 20g.

I would say it is quite easy to get fed up with WoW, but recognize that it is the players that are annoying you. I would try educate the players in your guild on how to play better. If that doesn't work, just fill in the forms, lie if you have to. Your game play experience will improve a lot with competent group members. Alternately quit the game for a few months, and then come back when everyone out gears the heroics again. This is almost happening already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Ahn'qiraj EU and ask for inv to Trollface.jpeg .... oh snap, your not a troll

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?