wow movies and youtube

In the past I made a couple of wow movies (boss fights) and used the x264vfw codec back then in combination with sony vegas (I believe 9..?) and it worked out perfectly, quality was at it's best and it's basicly the best codec out there to render with.
    Now, I'm back to make some of those movies as I enjoyed doing so in my free time. I upgraded myself with sony vegas platinum 10 a while ago and tried out some of the new features. I was happy with the results, though there's a pretty big loss of quality while picking any combination of codecs/settings given by sony vegas itself.
    I decided to go back to the x264vfw codec wondering if it was still the best. To my great satisfaction it was (looking at the outcoming videos and differences between them over VLC player) looking absolutely flawless while have about 1,5mb/s for the vid and no quality loss whatsover.
    Now my problem is (and I never ran into it before) when trying to upload to youtube it says it failed converting the file (after it got uploaded and had about a minute to progress).
    To give you some extra details for those of you who have knowledge about this. I'm using the typical "first pass" + "Nth pass" system.
    I tried several configurations in the x264vfw codec itself but I always get the same outcome, youtube never seems to accept the file. Anyone with a solution since I'm trying to figure this out for about 4 hours now and I'm getting pretty desperate.

To make 1 thing clear. The outcoming vid. is an .avi file and I can play it with ANY video player I have on my computer.

EDIT: Apparently I'm only having the issue when using 1st pass and nth pass. When using any other setting under x264vfw I'm fine. But I still loose to much quality with a single pass to my great disfaction. Even under this codec.

Thanks in advance.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about being completely off topic here, but I didn't think this question was worthy of a new topic.

I'm having trouble uploading my own videos to Youtube, the upload just stops, then basically just says "An unknown error has occured, fuck you!"

I record and encode with Xfire, run it through Windows Movie Maker like Youtube advised me to, and still get errors.

My question is, what exactly do you use to record, encode, and edit?

I've always used Windows movie maker, never had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    Sorry about being completely off topic here, but I didn't think this question was worthy of a new topic.

I'm having trouble uploading my own videos to Youtube, the upload just stops, then basically just says "An unknown error has occured, fuck you!"

I record and encode with Xfire, run it through Windows Movie Maker like Youtube advised me to, and still get errors.

My question is, what exactly do you use to record, encode, and edit?
    I'm using Fraps to record, Sony Vegas to edit and currently trying to figure out how to fix the x264fvw encoder.

@Cypher0: I'm looking for top notch quality on youtube. No frameloss and have close to the original smoothness from in-game. Sadly enough the x264vfw encoder is the best for this, which seems to fail for me now.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)