Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How to defeat mage?!

How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?! i stun him - he blinks, i pop wings for ranged attack he takes them from me, he is freezing me in place every second and im OOM dispelling, if he gets to trouble he polymorphs me - blinks and heal himself to 100% ( by this time i usually dont have bubble or trinkter ready) If i fight good mage i can barely touch him, if i duel average mage i can him him few times, if i duel retard mage i still have very little chance of defeating him.

I have problems with many classes now as ret paladin but mages are just IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes in Tol barad 5 people cant kill mage!!! I wonder how you guys deal with them if it is even any possibility of defeating them. People say retadins were OP in WLK but they were far from OP comparing with state of mages now!

My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ret have always have a hard time vs frost mages.

Not to be mean or anything. But suggestions aren't supposed to be placed here since blizzard staff don't read this. Also those are just to much. There is nerfs coming for the nova durations and ring of frost duration. But it won't matter much since we can cleanse them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    My suggestions for balance: remove blink, increase cooldown on all mages defensive abilities by 100%, polymorph cooldown 1 minute - breaks on any dmg OR make HoF undispellable infinite buff
    wow slow down there. So this is just a general nerf mages thread or do you have a a specific spec in mind?

Until they nerf spellsteal and all their snares you are going to lose basically everytime unless the mage A) is stupid or B) makes a really fatal error

haha, i really had to laugh! remove one of the core-elements of the mage. we have been that way for the last 6 years, and now you come to the conclusion to remove blink? go play a different game please...

tip:
    if you see a mage, cry for help or run for your life! ;-)

Deleted
    another nerf mages thread? sigh and your suggestions for balance wouyld make us underpowered and paladins OP again. If you really wanna beat a mage then make sure you go with a class that has lots of CCs/Interupts

In battlegrounds and Arenas i mean

How the hell am i supposed to defeat mage as ret paladin?! i stun him - he blinks, i pop wings for ranged attack he takes them from me, he is freezing me in place every second and im OOM dispelling, if he gets to trouble he polymorphs me - blinks and heal himself to 100% ( by this time i usually dont have bubble or trinkter ready) If i fight good mage i can barely touch him, if i duel average mage i can him him few times, if i duel retard mage i still have very little chance of defeating him.

I have problems with many classes now as ret paladin but mages are just IMPOSSIBLE. Sometimes in Tol barad 5 people cant kill mage!!! I wonder how you guys deal with them if it is even any possibility of defeating them. People say retadins were OP in WLK but they were far from OP comparing with state of mages now!

So wait a second.... your paper, and mage is scissor. Don't act like you should be able to beat any class because you play this game. Believe it or not, some classes are your counter.

My suggestion: bring someone else with you, you'll atleast kill the retard mage :x
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    So wait a second.... your paper, and mage is scissor. Don't act like you should be able to beat any class because you play this game. Believe it or not, some classes are your counter.
    so its normal that mage can solo 5 other players?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

There is a reason my ret spec has a /golfclap macro button.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Um, no, blizz eliminated hard counter classes wayyyyyyy back when. Gear being equal, the better player should always win design wise, but they're not done balancing yet.

The main issue with frost mages right now is their ability to root/snare stacked with their mobility. When a DK can't even take one down, there is an issue...

Deleted
    What? that would pretty much make mage usless in PvP.. (you don´t seem to know how it is to play a mage).
    I play a frostmage myself and think we are a bit OP in case of CC and should be nerfed a bit. A sidenote is that blizzard have said that they know about this and they are working on fixing it.
    But to answer your question i would say that if you meet a frostmage one on one you should run.. controlling one person is not a problem so you should get more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    There is a reason my ret spec has a /golfclap macro button.

Um, no, blizz eliminated hard counter classes wayyyyyyy back when. Gear being equal, the better player should always win design wise, but they're not done balancing yet.

The main issue with frost mages right now is their ability to root/snare stacked with their mobility. When a DK can't even take one down, there is an issue...
    U can say that they shouldn't have counter classes but they still do. A pally can do what to a mage... HoJ? Redemption? Other than that they're never really even gonna be able to catch a mage. Sounds like a counter to me. Yes i agree mages a tid bit OP, not to the point where they are like OMGGG so hard, but they're slightly higher than other classes. But why people feel the need to come to a sight that blizzard doesn't even look at and make 100 threads a day about it i have no clue. Go post in one (to the OP) that is already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    another nerf mages thread? sigh and your suggestions for balance wouyld make us underpowered and paladins OP again. If you really wanna beat a mage then make sure you go with a class that has lots of CCs/Interupts

In battlegrounds and Arenas i mean
    I run with warlock in 2v2 and we dont have that much of a problem with mages but my mate can spam fear/spell lock and other shit. But with any other class mage can solo us most of times. And yeah people are crying about feral kittens. i LOVE feral kittens, stupid kitty cant beat me, it can only run away and i cant do anything with it. But cat VS mage? ok cat builds CP- put up RIP and mage just iceblocks - freeze - blink in wrost case invisibility.

Im crying about how many things can mage do > how many things can other classes do. I feel totaly underpowered as retadin now. I agree that they nerfed us after WLK but to match cataclysm's standart they should've bring old stuff back!! Also hunters are just pathetic now.

Ret Paladins were in a pretty good state towards mages before the pre-cataclysm patch. They had plenty of tools to combat mages control and close gaps. Mages were given another utility for control (Ring of Frost), damage buffed while moving and didn't lose anything. My suggestion is to double up on mages if possible and if your talking strictly 1v1 - try your best for now.. I have a feeling they will be nerfed in some way shortly.

No

So what you're saying is that the Mage class should be nerfed because YOU cannot kill it? take away the few mage def abilities, SUB rogues can 2 hit instead of 1 hit as with all Warriors, Feral Druid, Hunter, DK etc etc. Mages are terribly squishy, the issue is that you were beaten by a better player.

There is nothing wrong with mages, Ret may need a little buff with current balance but this post is beginning to look a little QQ to me...

Deleted

This defines us at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu View Post
    My suggestion: bring someone else with you, you'll atleast kill the retard mage :x
    yeah when i see mage i instantly message all my friends and guildies and we hunt them down. 5v1? not fair! 5vMAGE HELL FAIR!!

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by junoreactors View Post
    So what you're saying is that the Mage class should be nerfed because YOU cannot kill it? take away the few mage def abilities, SUB rogues can 2 hit instead of 1 hit as with all Warriors, Feral Druid, Hunter, DK etc etc. Mages are terribly squishy, the issue is that you were beaten by a better player.

There is nothing wrong with mages, Ret may need a little buff with current balance but this post is beginning to look a little QQ to me...
    i've never seen any class to beat skilled mage. im not whining abount not being able to defeat the fucker but about that i cant even fucking reach him!!!! i would smash those people faces with golf club!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    haha, i really had to laugh! remove one of the core-elements of the mage. we have been that way for the last 6 years, and now you come to the conclusion to remove blink? go play a different game please...

tip:
    if you see a mage, cry for help or run for your life! ;-)
    and they haven't for other classes cause they were overpowered?
    or don't plan to in the coming future?

tip: grow a brain and realize frost is currently overpowered on the premise of having all aspects of pvp power, no weakness, and a counter for any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed a few Frost Mages 1v1 (Frost DW DK) by Death Gripping them to me while their Blink is off CD, then DS'ing them, nuke them and when they blink (which they will do 95% of the time after a Death Grip), and Deep Freeze me, I'll blink towards them and start smacking them in the face when they least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    I killed a few Frost Mages 1v1 (Frost DW DK) by Death Gripping them to me while their Blink is off CD, then DS'ing them, nuke them and when they blink (which they will do 95% of the time after a Death Grip), and Deep Freeze me, I'll blink towards them and start smacking them in the face when they least expect it.
    How do you blink as DK i wonder?