Thread: ITT: Your IQ

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    106 (Facebook) European

The trend seems to be 130 average from online testing. I got a 135 a year ago from an online source.

10+ Year Old Account
    147, Canadian.

I can read street signs and most of the sci-fiction books i buy. I can count money and do basic math. I can write well enough for people to understand what i write and reply to said writing. Most English speaking people understand what i say (I don't speak another language) and i can use a few words that have more than five letters. Whats my IQ? And do i need it to be higher?

I did an extensive IQ test at a psychologist when I lived in Holland (I'm Scottish and at the time had been living there for about 2-3 years, but hey kids pick up languages fast anyway ) I was 13 and it was in 2 parts, puzzle solving (I scored 144) and the spoken part (134) they averaged it to 140 (Although I don't quite get how >.< Maybe puzzle solving was worth more?) Funny thing is though, I say the dumbest shit from time to time and I suck at puzzle solving games (Well I was good at zelda) my brain is like constantly set to standby, so even though it was done at a hospital, I still take it with a grain of salt. Still, foreign language IQ tests suck :S and smarter people tend to be overly pedantic.

Anyway this is the internet so take it with a pinch of salt as well :P Just my take on IQ tests

Deleted
    Had it tested twice, first was 129 second was 130. Sounds about right, i am fairly well educated.

Deleted
    The results in this thread are not surprising at all, and while the quality of online tests do matter, I don't think that's the main cause of the inflated numbers here.

A couple of factors influence the rating:
    1) Despite what many WoW players think of other WoW players, I think I can be quite safe in the assumption that WoW players are more intelligent than those who don't on average. It's still a mmorpg. Any stupidism witnessed in game isn't usually a lack of intelligence, it's rather a lack in social skills, awareness and reaction speed in most cases. They may not be great gamers, or sound like great people, but that doesn't make them stupid. Not accepting (unasked for) advice is a bad quality found in people among the entire intelligence spectrum.
    2) People who find their way here, to talk and theorize about a game are likely to be largely part of the group of more intelligent people among WoW players. Forums are a great way to reach a large audience at once, and smart people realise that this is a better way to get anything done, or to find supporters than it is to vent grudges against a friend.
    3) The title of this thread is more likely to attract those who care about intelligence, than it would to those who don't. Only those who care about intelligence do IQ tests, and those who care about because they are lacking would likely not post their results. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that those who care about intelligence have a good reason to, most likely because they find the quality in themselves. Bodybuilders care more about muscles than anyone else, and intelligence builders care more about their brain than anyone else.
    4 ) Low number = Why would I want to post this? Respectable value = Why would anyone care? High number = This is my moment to get some respect from the internet community! They shall bask in the highness of my number.
    5 ) Most people always cheat a little. If you find a 100 people with a IQ of 125, than 90 of them are going to say a number between 128-135 when asked for their IQ, it's human nature.

Combine it, and you've got a average of 130+ And not a whole lot of cheating was used to get there.
    Last edited by mmocf3a1a1b543; 2011-02-03 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far too many high scores in this thread. Seriously. Far too many. I smell lies and shame.

48, United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    121 on average.
    There is no such thing as just "IQ", a real IQ test consists of several different tests, all which check your different IQs.
    Got that result on my Aspergers hm.. whats the english word for it.. interrogation?
    My psychologist explained it but I don't quite remember. My average was dragged down by my low score on the Social-skills test and some other shizzle about common knowledge.

Also, those internet tests aren't valid. I spent a total of 8 hours with a psychologist & 1 hour with someone called something to get my IQ correctly calculated, so a 15 minute internet test won't say shizzle.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    106 on a test performed by the psychiatry when I was to get diagnosed. I could've scored higher if it hadn't been for my inability to recall in what order numbers were to be repeated after 30 minutes of hearing them, got even worse when I was supposed to recall them reversed(As in, 900 would be 009). Made my head spin, got me really confused. Took about 9-10 hours to do it all, first I had 2 visits there with interviews and answering questions and so on, 3rd visit was the actual testing.

e: european
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2011-06-01 at 04:57 AM.

IQ tests are so vast in diversity and actual judgement that it is hard to even trust them. The proper IQ test is done orally and takes many hours, which will still skew the score do to the eventual monotony of the test on the taker. Online ones are much less reliable.

It is not my place to decide whether i am intelligent or not. To so meaninglessly post a number is no indicator.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Did we necro this from February??

Make a new thread pls...