What do you do if you can't dig up something?

There's a fossil site in EPL that's physically impossible for me to dig up because it's way out of the actual diggable boundary.

Is there any way around this or am I screwed?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this happens, go to another dig site and find some fragments, then come back. This seems to help when you hit a bugged node like this. Good luck!

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

Finished up 10 other dig sites and it's still the same node.

Sigh...

I've seen this happen a few times, but the digs will reset with enough time. I was told (on another forum) that the reset time appeared to be 30 minutes, but obviously have no way of confirming that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be that it needs some time, yes. Last time this happened to me I simply ignored it for a while, and when I came back, it had reset.

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

Deleted
    Only thing you can do is wait, or make a ticket. You might as well make a ticket and ask them to reset the site, but to be honest with the current wait times it'll probably have reset before the ticket gets answered. There seem to be a few potentially buggy locations - last time I hit one I left it overnight and it had reset by the next morning.

u can dig it, I guess I know which one u mean (in the middle around the water with the bridge, the spot is somewhere near the cliff). Try lading at the very edge of it and u will be able to see the fossil thingy.

15+ Year Old Account
    My bugged dig site reset within about 12 hours.

There is also a bugged one at Dragonmaw Fortress (Outland, SMV). Anyway, as others have said, go off and do something else for a while and it should eventually reset.

Can confirm that simply digging in any other site will reassign which dig you're searching for, including the bugged site. If you say you've already done that and it's still in the same place, either you have insanely bad luck where it reassigned to the same position or you're lying. Simple as.

There's no timed reset, no 'leaving the zone/logging' reset, you simply track 1 dig at a time, whichever site it is, if you survey a different site the tracking migrates to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.