Thread: Feral druid x 2

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    117

    Feral druid x 2

    How the hell can you survive in 2vs2 against 2 feral druids?

    I saw teams with 2.9k rating allready. and that were all feral druids.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Omnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wildhammer
    Posts
    391
    I would think its obvious that this depends on what comp you're running.

  3. #3
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    16,234
    Caster will have zerochanse due to Skull bash and the fact druids got 100% uptime more or less.
    That being said, the fear immunity nerf will do wonders and I think they will be perfectly balanced
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

  4. #4
    Warchief coldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,128
    Bring a frostmage and lol all the way to the bank?

    Yes, ferals needed a nerf and are getting one. So do frostmages, Warriors/DKs.

    More news at 11.

  5. #5
    Holy Paladin / Arms Warrior.
    Warrior stands on HPal to prevent kiting.
    Kill Target in knockdown.
    ?????
    Profit

  6. #6
    oh god. stop whining about feral druids.

    you know whats lame??? Holy pala + DK. so LAME. Combo for 12yo kids

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    oh god. stop whining about feral druids.
    obvious feral druid is obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Restraint View Post
    A bad is someone who keyboard turns, stands in fire, and mashes there face on keys.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Bring a frostmage and lol all the way to the bank?

    Yes, ferals needed a nerf and are getting one. So do frostmages, Warriors/DKs.

    More news at 11.
    and now the news at 11

    yeah dks are getting nerfed in 2 ways
    our ms is being nerfed- no surprise
    our howling blast is being nerfed, which im kinda surprised about since the only time it shined was in av when i was pulling 10mil total damage to a turtled alliance push

    though we also get buffs, mobility =D

    but to the OP: yes, feral druids hit really really really hard, shoulda seen a week before cata, druid used rake on me and unformed, /laughed and healed himself as i went from full to 20% in 1 bleed, hopefully its fixed so they cant go bear form and ride out the dot ticks
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  9. #9
    Warchief coldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    and now the news at 11

    yeah dks are getting nerfed in 2 ways
    our ms is being nerfed- no surprise
    our howling blast is being nerfed, which im kinda surprised about since the only time it shined was in av when i was pulling 10mil total damage to a turtled alliance push

    though we also get buffs, mobility =D

    but to the OP: yes, feral druids hit really really really hard, shoulda seen a week before cata, druid used rake on me and unformed, /laughed and healed himself as i went from full to 20% in 1 bleed, hopefully its fixed so they cant go bear form and ride out the dot ticks
    Intelligent life on the internet detected. Evacuate immediately. Nuclear launch imminent to destroy this threat to our trolls and our way of life.

  10. #10
    lol @ only a fear nerf = ferals balanced

    thats completely retarded.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by hopshock View Post
    obvious feral druid is obvious
    very much, dont look at the avatar btw.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  12. #12
    Epic! Spectrez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern California
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Holy Paladin / Arms Warrior.
    Warrior stands on HPal to prevent kiting.
    Kill Target in knockdown.
    ?????
    Profit
    Because you can kill a feral druid with 3k resillience in 3 seconds. k.

    I would leave instantly if I saw 2 feral druids charging at me. I'd be scared D=

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Because you can kill a feral druid with 3k resillience in 3 seconds. k.

    I would leave instantly if I saw 2 feral druids charging at me. I'd be scared D=
    DW you won't see them =)
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Bring a frostmage and lol all the way to the bank?

    Yes, ferals needed a nerf and are getting one. So do frostmages, Warriors/DKs.

    More news at 11.
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    "reduced duration on frost nova and ring of frost". LMFAO. Like that's gonna fix anything at all.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    lol @ only a fear nerf = ferals balanced

    thats completely retarded.
    Don't forget the bleed damage nerf.

    People act like Feral Druids got a whole bunch of new toys to play with that made them the OP killing machines they are now, but in fact the only real difference is their bleed damage is much higher. Did everyone forget that Feral Druids were fairly low on the PVP radar before this? Intelligence may not be a strong point among the average WoW player it would seem.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    People act like Feral Druids got a whole bunch of new toys to play with that made them the OP killing machines they are now, but in fact the only real difference is their bleed damage is much higher. Did everyone forget that Feral Druids were fairly low on the PVP radar before this? Intelligence may not be a strong point among the average WoW player it would seem.
    This. People recently started QQing about shapeshifting, Cyclone, Bear Form and even movement speed while none of them changed at all. (Bear Form even got nerfed, and so did 2 of Bear's defensive abilities). It's what people usually do. Once they QQ about something and it doesn't get nerfed fast enough (while the incoming bleed nerfs ARE fast, compared to the usual time it takes to get something nerfed) they start to QQ about a whole list of other things that will directly affect that same class/spec aswell.

  17. #17
    Warchief coldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    Don't forget the bleed damage nerf.

    People act like Feral Druids got a whole bunch of new toys to play with that made them the OP killing machines they are now, but in fact the only real difference is their bleed damage is much higher. Did everyone forget that Feral Druids were fairly low on the PVP radar before this? Intelligence may not be a strong point among the average WoW player it would seem.

    What is it with intelligent people in this thread? They just keep popping up!


    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    "reduced duration on frost nova and ring of frost". LMFAO. Like that's gonna fix anything at all.
    And by "fix anything at all" you mean making things easy and convenient for you and your class/spec/playstyle so you don't actually have to go out of your way to actually be good at pvp in this game?

    Ever considered that part of the problem (not all, mind you, plenty of imbalances right now) could in fact be ...you?

    The nerfs to frost mages are designed to be a gradual small step. Then they have to wait and see how it works out. Then they'll have to re-evaluate and figure out if they need to make more changes. They'd be nuts to make drastic changes to a game with 30 specs and tons of interconnected abilities and team synergies - this **** is way too complex to use a hacksaw or a cleaver on - they need scalpels and small, gradual changes.

    Blizzard doesn't hate or love any class or spec more than any other. (Ok, warriors got to shine for a long long time...)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    What is it with intelligent people in this thread? They just keep popping up!




    And by "fix anything at all" you mean making things easy and convenient for you and your class/spec/playstyle so you don't actually have to go out of your way to actually be good at pvp in this game?

    Ever considered that part of the problem (not all, mind you, plenty of imbalances right now) could in fact be ...you?

    The nerfs to frost mages are designed to be a gradual small step. Then they have to wait and see how it works out. Then they'll have to re-evaluate and figure out if they need to make more changes. They'd be nuts to make drastic changes to a game with 30 specs and tons of interconnected abilities and team synergies - this **** is way too complex to use a hacksaw or a cleaver on - they need scalpels and small, gradual changes.

    Blizzard doesn't hate or love any class or spec more than any other. (Ok, warriors got to shine for a long long time...)
    Please, spare the drama. Frost mages have been OP'd since the beginning of cata. The minor changes they are proposing will have little impact on their current OP status. If minor steps are taken, they will be lucky to have frost mages chopped down to an acceptable level by the next expansion. They have too much control, damage and damage mitigation.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoulx View Post
    People act like Feral Druids got a whole bunch of new toys to play with that made them the OP killing machines they are now, but in fact the only real difference is their bleed damage is much higher. Did everyone forget that Feral Druids were fairly low on the PVP radar before this? Intelligence may not be a strong point among the average WoW player it would seem.
    Yes, nothing else changed, BUT with higher bleed damage it means Ferals have more time to CC or pop defensives in bear form.

    If Ferals bleeds ticked for 100 damage, and only took you down 5% health over a full duration, nobody would cry about Cyclone because being cycloned wouldn't cause someone to die.

    Now, "if" Ferals bleeds ticked for anywhere up to 15k, and COULD take all your health off... eating a full cyclone as a healer now means your partner is likely to get extremely low, if not die. Like, nobody would QQ about Deep Freeze, Polymorph and Ring of Frost if mages didn't hard as hard as they did... but currently they are hitting 20k via Icelance.

  20. #20
    How to fix Mages:

    -Make Iceblock a Frost talent again
    -Make Water Elemental a cooldown again
    -Remove Ring of Frost
    -Cold Snap shouldn't reset the cooldown on Iceblock
    -Remove Shattered Barrier

    More or less fixed, maybe take down the damage on Ice lance abit aswell.

    ---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 03:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Yes, nothing else changed, BUT with higher bleed damage it means Ferals have more time to CC or pop defensives in bear form.

    If Ferals bleeds ticked for 100 damage, and only took you down 5% health over a full duration, nobody would cry about Cyclone because being cycloned wouldn't cause someone to die.

    Now, "if" Ferals bleeds ticked for anywhere up to 15k, and COULD take all your health off... eating a full cyclone as a healer now means your partner is likely to get extremely low, if not die. Like, nobody would QQ about Deep Freeze, Polymorph and Ring of Frost if mages didn't hard as hard as they did... but currently they are hitting 20k via Icelance.
    If ice lance hits you for 20k and rake/rip for 15k then you must have close to 0 resilience.
    Ice lance hits me for 16k and my bleeds rarely do 10k on players with resilience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •