Certain proffesions unbalanced

I find it rather frustrating how difficult some professions are in terms of getting the high end items required.

You have the Enchanters, where it is currently extremely hard to get a maelstrom crystal.
    You have the Tailors, where they have ridiculous cooldowns on their dreamcloth.
    The list goes on.

The thing that sorta sparked my frustration with it is that Skinners can trade 10 heavy savage leather for a pristine hide. I think that there should be some sort of conversion like this for every profession. That, or make orbs able to buy the high end things for other professions, such as like a few orbs get a dreamcloth, a maelstrom crystal, a truegold, etc.

Skinning is a gathering profession and you really don't get a benefit from it other then a measly 80crit. Where as enchanting you get ring enchants that can vary as well as basically free enchanting and its only hard atm to get mats in a few months mats will be easy to acquire. For BS/Tail/LW/ENG The mats costs cost so much because they are epics that can be bought/made that make getting into raids and heroics easier. If it took 1 day and 200g to make a lvl359Epic then there wouldn't be much merit in doing heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkohl View Post
    I find it rather frustrating how difficult some professions are in terms of getting the high end items required.

You have the Enchanters, where it is currently extremely hard to get a maelstrom crystal.
    You have the Tailors, where they have ridiculous cooldowns on their dreamcloth.
    The list goes on.

The thing that sorta sparked my frustration with it is that Skinners can trade 10 heavy savage leather for a pristine hide. I think that there should be some sort of conversion like this for every profession. That, or make orbs able to buy the high end things for other professions, such as like a few orbs get a dreamcloth, a maelstrom crystal, a truegold, etc.
    No one's really forcing you to get to 525 unless you want to. The profession bonuses are available at 475/500, you don't have to go much farther.

I guess I don't see a problem with that. 100 Heavenly Shards for 1 Mael Crystal. 100 Rolls of Embersilk for 1 Dreamcloth.. I can go along with that.

ye well its the start of the expension ... here are few pointers for enchanters it was always hard to get crystals now more then ever cus dungeons no longer drop epics from end boss so the supply of crystals at the start is really low give it a month or 2 and its all good

now for tailor 5 dreamcloth recipe has cd the one that req 5 chaos orb doesnt have a cd once the patch get in and remove the bop from chaos orb its gonna be ez to craft items . if the bop will be removed which i hope so :P

now for other professions engineer, hell to level up and u cant get profit back from it till max level
    blacksmith once again hell to level up no profit till epic items/belt buckle
    leatherworking they nerfed the drop rate of pristine leather if u played in wrath u would know how annoying it was to get arctic fur
    10 heavy leather to make is harder the other gathering options
    Alchemy like with any expension is the easiest to level up by far but once again no profit till flask/truegold
    inscription same boat as others no profit till blue relics/darkmoon cards

now back to tailoring enchanting
    with tailoring i made roughly 70k from the start of the expension just from selling pvp gear as for enchanting your only option is to sell scrolls or mats

the bonuses from each of the proffesions works out the same a bs can get the same bonus as a jc with his gems nothing there has changed.

that being said does anyone feel like the proffesions aren't even finished? alchemy seems to be missing alot ie guardian elixers....what happened to them?

blacksmithing epic gear requires say 4 hardened elementium bars 5 truegold and 3 chaos orbs...yet so does a 346 blue mace, surely people see the problem with the odd mat requirment for what are average items.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..I am currently not sure why I still bother with blacksmiting. It is deadly expensive to level and as usual, you never craft anything so extraordinarily WHILE you level. Infact questitems are usually better. JC gives two awesome trinkets already and great JC only gems, alchemy has a good trinket and other perks...but BS has the same stupid sockets that already worked at skill 450...
    Yeah ummm.. did you look at what you can craft extremely easily at low levels. hardly any quest item touches them.

Complaining for the sake of complaining it seems.

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 11:29 PM ----------

The thing that sorta sparked my frustration with it is that Skinners can trade 10 heavy savage leather for a pristine hide. .
    Well.. you have to skin EVERY mob to get a chance to skin it, if people don't loot it.. no skinning. When you do skin you have a chance at 1 leather (2 in instances SOMETIMES) but at low levels (through 500) you mostly get scraps.
    5 scraps = 1 leather
    5 leather = 1 heavy leather
    10 heavy leather = 1 hide

Enchanting gets usable mats from day one. Leatherworkers have to work to get their mats.
    How many chaos orbs does enchanting need?

To make any high end leather or blacksmithing pattern you need chaos orbs (anything decent needs 2 or more). that means you have to run with a group of 5 people and hope none of them need it or if they do you win the roll in two or more entire instance runs.
    Last edited by Crushridged; 2010-12-30 at 11:29 PM.