Thread: New Cat Dance

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Cat Dance

With the new Heroics I've been getting a lot of use out of my Kitty form--as a means of running back after wipes. After speeding ahead of the group the other day, I pulled out a little /dance to entertain myself, only to discover the Cat dance has been altered!
    While not entirely a new dance per se, rather than sitting completely still while waggling its foot the Cat now also bobs it's head from side to side, creating, at least in my mind, a kind of weird "rub your tummy while patting your head" sort of thing.

Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on the addition? Wonder why it was changed; maybe there's hope yet for a new Tree form dance! I've heard Travel form retains the original dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure this is new? I'm almost certain it's always done the head shaking/bobbing/side-to-side/whatever thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike bursting your bubble, but the side-to-side head bob isn't new. (But perhaps I am simply misunderstanding your description.)
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Has done that since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    Has done that since vanilla.
    yep,this,nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Are you sure this is new? I'm almost certain it's always done the head shaking/bobbing/side-to-side/whatever thing.
    Well I asked some friends and when they tried it they were shocked by the head bob, so I'm assuming it's new. It certainly stuck out to me, and I doubt it was because I'd been neglecting my Kitty form.

Watching a video on Youtube now, I'm noticing a difference. The old dance swung the head in an arc, the new one is a definite pop from side to side, more linear or mechanical.

What you should really try, is right clicking on a mob from a distance, (so you're in the, "Ready to attack!" position) and then /dancing. The animation gets bugged and it looks hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

The head bobbing is different, it's more like.. just the head moving side to side, not bobbin side to side, just..sliding.

I haven't played my kitty this week and you got my hopes up . Been there since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeltentat View Post
    The head bobbing is different, it's more like.. just the head moving side to side, not bobbin side to side, just..sliding.
    This basically, I'm watching my Druid dance in-game right now, and it's not "the same," at least not exactly. Similar, but not the same. Wonder why? Maybe it's just buggy.

But it hasn't "been there since Vanilla!" >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, what the hell. That IS different. Sorry, I couldn't get on my druid to check.

..I wonder why I hadn't noticed that before.. must be because I rarely ever dance in cat form. It's a pretty boring dance compared to the bear one :P

Maybe it is bugged?

Edit: Are all cat forms doing this, or only Worgen?
    Last edited by Goldrinn; 2010-12-30 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Oh wow, what the hell. That IS different. Sorry, I couldn't get on my druid to check.

..I wonder why I hadn't noticed that before.. must be because I rarely ever dance in cat form. It's a pretty boring dance compared to the bear one :P

Maybe it is bugged?

Edit: Are all cat forms doing this, or only Worgen?
    Well I'm a Night Elf, so I'd assume all, if not just all Alliance.

The NE cat head bob was kinda up and downish, when I went worgen, I noticed it was side to side like an egyptian dance lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all doing this?

I seriously hope it's some kind of bug or something, and not a surprise new dance.

..Are all the other forms(Bear, Travel, Moonkin) still dancing normally?

The dances are different for each race NE/Tauren are the same I believe I associate them with what a jazz musician would be doing (snapping fingers swinging hand side to side while bobbing the head left to right) and from the videos shown the Worgen and Troll are slightly different whereas the Troll is headbanging and the Worgen is keeping the body still and moving the neck side to side while keeping the head still.

It's definitely a glitch. If you look closely your lower jaw sticks out a lot while you're dancing, and it's crooked and... broken looking. Has to be a bug.

On a side note, I always thought the original head bob in the cat dance was taken from the Lion King.

They all do it during "Hakuna Matata" as they walk across the log: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU#t=2m59s

Quote Originally Posted by Epsynus View Post
    yes. and that was intended :P
    Figured as such, since they take every other dance from somewhere, but you never can tell with WoW.

Anyone know where the bear/ghost wolf dance comes from?

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Goldrinn
    i can confirm as a tauren druid. that bear. travel and moonkin
    dance like before
    That's good. Somebody should make a thread somewhere on the official WoW forums and hope for an answer on whether this is a bug or not.

Ghost Wolf:Standing on the hind legs and hopping from one leg to another (The Snoopy dance from the animated Peanuts movies)
    Bear: Stand up on hind legs, dance back and forth from foot to foot, then back down on all fours again. Bear dance from Dr. Doolittle II.
    Ah, very nice. I never looked at them too hard, always thought they were the same dance, just copied to the other skeleton.

My favorite dance is definitely from the Noggenfogger skeleton. Edit: nevermind, I was thinking of its /cower animation