Poll: Longest you've played WoW straight.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your longest WoW session

Since Cataclysm has been released and we've been through a few xpacs now, I was wondering..

What is the longest WoW session you have been a part of? That is to say, what's the longest you've played straight?

Exculding Bio Breaks, occasional foraging for food etc...

Vote in the poll and post your story!

Mine? During the WotLK xpac I played for about 20hrs straight. It was hell. My back was very sore, my eyes were burning. Wouldn't do that again.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-12-11 at 12:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    30+.

I don't have a whole lot to do in December and I have a weird sleeping schedule because of some personal reasons, but I am awake for around 2 days, and then sleep for 15-18 hours, usually.

So naturally, I was bored, new expansion comes out, I play it. It wasn't continuous though (had to stop for a lot to moderate), but yeah.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

17 hours. Realized I'm too old for that kind of session ever again.

14 hours. I've done this like 4-5 times and after each time I tell myself "never again".

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    To celebrate the release of BC, my friends and I had a LAN party that lasted about three days. I was up for the first 18 hours or so straight, but after that had to take naps every so often.

30 hours. Cataclysm... Level 85 yeah... had to get max level quick lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caliantha View Post
    17 hours. Realized I'm too old for that kind of session ever again.
    I think I'm about on par with you on this. Of course, that was back when I (1) wasn't married, and (2) didn't have a 40+ hour/week job.
    -Harshmage-

started at 7am on release day for cata and played til midnight.

did about the same thing for LK...but any other time (besides raiding twice a week) im not on for more than 2 hours every day

A good 26+ hrs, back in BC when there were 2hr+ bg queues... That was a lot of Nagrand mining runs in between.
    ---
    As has been mentioned, I'm definitely at a different point in my life where this would be impossible to pull off now. Good times though.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    My longest session's been maybe ~5 hours, that was with progressing Ulduar with the guild. We decided it wasn't healthy to make everyone hang around that long, it took the fun out of it.
    But usually after ~2-3 hours I take a 30 minute break for food, splashing water on my face, taking a quick walk down the street while pondering about life's mysteries, etc.
    I just can't stare at a screen for more than 3 hours no matter how badly I want to play....I dunno, my body just tells me "enough, take a break!".

Oddly enough, my ~2-3 hour sessions were enough to let me hit 85 in just over two days from release. I guess I zip through stuff really fast and efficiently since I never put any stress on my eyes/brain :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    37 hours straight, no pauses, starting on december 7th at 02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Banos View Post
    30 hours. Cataclysm... Level 85 yeah... had to get max level quick lol
    lol 30 hours to 85? I think you may have been doing it wrong. On topic, probably about 24 hours. Like Simca, at one point I had a very odd, very bad, sleeping schedule, where I would be up for days straight then pass out for days straight. Anyways, just had a point where I started with rep farming for several hours, then did 3 raids, then rep farmed another rep.

This monday from ~1 pm, until 4 AM wednesday morning. Oh god... brb quitting wow.

I think the longest I've ever played is 9-10 hours. A large group of friends, guildies, and guildies' friends decided we wanted to randomly go through and kill every raid we could before we got sick of doing so.

Cleared out All Vanilla raids(that are accessible), All BC raids, and Naxx/Maly/OS/ToC/ICC. Having 90% of the raid in 264/277 really sped things up.

Never been able to find the motivation to put that much time into the game in one sitting outside that occasion. Average I'll be on 2-3 hours, and during raids it's 4-5 at max.

15+ Year Old Account
    40 hours, give or give a little on many occasions.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did about 35 hours earlier this week while grinding to 85. Its the first time I've done it, and while I don't want to do it again any time soon, I would do it again.
    I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just smarter than you.

Longest about 6.5 hours. I just can't sit in front of a computer that long. I need to move around, do other things, Paint my 40K minis ect. Only reason it was that long was cause of some progression we were trying do in Naxx. I am still not 85 yet. lol But getting close.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently my longest WoW time has been on the 7th. I got online at 11:30am and didn't stop till about 5am on the 8th. Food + Red Bull + Mtn. Dew + music made the time fly by.

I can't remember wrath but I figure I did about the same as I rushed a DK to 80.

12-ish sounds about right. getting on at around 11 in the morning on a saturday, barely getting off to eat and go to the john. going to bed at 11 to 11:30 that night. good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Shamefully, 30 + Hours. Leveling in instances & with the guild on Cataclysm Launch and helping people a lot took a huge chunk of my sanity. The next night when I went to bed I was having hallucinations majorly, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it!

Next time, I'm power leveling in 1 night, and getting a good night sleep.