Deleted

Big Momma Stone Belly Worshipped By Taurens?

First of if you dont know who Big Momma Stone Belly is its Therazane!

Secondly, The taurens worship the earth mother yes? my logic kinda points me to earthmother being Therazane in Deepholm. Is this just completely off the trail or am i right.

PS: Trolls, dont bother, this is a simple request for clarification

The Tauren Earthmother is I believe another name for the mother of E'lune or somethin along those lines.

Therazane is known as the Stone Mother
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    The Earth Mother is often speculated to be the same individual as many other similar deities in other cultures.

• One theory holds that the Earth Mother is Therazane the Stonemother, an elemental lieutenant of the Old Gods. While the benevolence of the Earth Mother and the incomprehensible evil of the Old Gods and their servants may make this identification seem tenuous, Therazane is described as the most benevolent of all four Elemental Lords (not actually evil but lawful neutral). However, the primordial role that the Earth Mother is described as serving seems far greater than the power that a lieutenant of the Old Gods would have wielded. She is believed to have created the world itself, the sun and moon, and the Tauren people as well. Druids of the Wild see her as the embodiment of all that is peaceful and calm about the world.

• Another theory contends that the Earth Mother is Alexstrasza the Lifegiver, of the red dragonflight. However, the Dragon Aspects were empowered by the titans to look over Azeroth, and are not recorded as taking such a major role in the shaping of Azeroth as the Earth Mother does in tauren myths.

• Yet another being sometimes considered to be the tauren's Earth Mother is Eonar, a member of the Pantheon and patron of all life. In the shaping of Azeroth by the Pantheon, she would have likely been responsible for creating fields of grain and the tauren themselves, just as the myths describe the Earth Mother doing. It was she who empowered Alexstrasza and Ysera to watch over her creative works on Azeroth. It is often noted by supporters of this theory that the tauren, along with the trolls, are depicted in the carvings and statues of Uldaman, along with depictions of the Earthen. Recent revelations of an offshoot of the tauren race called the taunka in Northrend may also suggest a titanic involvement in their creation, due to the presence of Ulduar. Another support of this theory is that Eonar is thought to be based on Demeter, greek goddess of agriculture and sister of Zeus, who is supposedly Aman'Thul's base. Demeter means "earth-mother" in greek.
    • One speculation is that the Earth Mother could be the tauren's embodiment of all of the Titans, giving a single face to all of the working force that the titans put into the creation of Azeroth.

• Another theory is that the Earth Mother is one of the Elemental Spirits (either the Spirit of the Earth or the Spirit of the Wilds), or a representation of all of them.

• Adversely, the Earth Mother may be a groundless belief; a construct designed to explain the existence of Azeroth itself.

Given her status in tauren culture, which is extremely similar to Elune's existence in the night elven culture, it is possible that the Earth Mother is none of these things, but something else entirely or some peek at something greater than what we have discovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its unknown if she is the Earthmother or not, but It would be interesting. Whats interesting about it is idea that the tauren have warred with the centaur for ages, yet the centaur are cross breds of Theredane, therezanes daughter, and a Dryad whos name escapes me.. If you multiply by two and carry the bloodline, therezanes creations are really fighting eachother :-\ Provided therezane is really the Earthmother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Its unknown if she is the Earthmother or not, but It would be interesting. Whats interesting about it is idea that the tauren have warred with the centaur for ages, yet the centaur are cross breds of Theredane, therezanes daughter, and a Dryad whos name escapes me.. If you multiply by two and carry the bloodline, therezanes creations are really fighting eachother :-\ Provided therezane is really the Earthmother
    Hey, cool, I never really thought about that before.

That would be interesting..Though I still doubt the Stonemother is really the Earthmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    she could be

its un known who the earth mother actually is

due to her myths with the eyes being elune and anshe( tauren sun god) i dont think she is the actual earth mother,

The earthen ring is a faction that was founded by tauren. Furthermore the Earthen ring consists solely of Shamans, no other class is permitted to it. The earthen ring is thus a highly specialized organisation that deals with elementals and spirit.
    Tauren knew about Therazane long before we saw them for the first time.

I do believe that Therazane represents the earthmother in theory. An impression the tauren have held of Therazane when they saw her for the first time.

Therazane = stonemother, not earthmother

Quote Originally Posted by Kucedon View Post
    The earthen ring is a faction that was founded by tauren. Furthermore the Earthen ring consists solely of Shamans, no other class is permitted to it. The earthen ring is thus a highly specialized organisation that deals with elementals and spirit.
    Tauren knew about Therazane long before we saw them for the first time.

I do believe that Therazane represents the earthmother in theory. An impression the tauren have held of Therazane when they saw her for the first time.
    In other news, 2+2=5.

Well, that's basically what you just did, at least. "The Earthen Ring was founded by taurens, so Therazane is the Earthmother." These two things have nothing to do with each other, and it doesn't prove Therazane is the Earthmother.