Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    One prank call on a busy night to the last spot on the lines could mean somebody's death. Don't be ignorant, these things have happened.
    I've called 911 many times (all hours of the day and night) as I live on a busy highway with lots of holiday traffic wrecks. Never have I gotten the response "oh, sorry lines are busy, fuck you." So maybe you need to stop being a tight ass and enjoy life a lil bit..mkk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    While i agree with the rest of your post in morality, i have to say that if you believe people in positions of Authority, or even in a position of knowing about someone (and by that, i mean even simple things such as Warehouse Guys, Mail Service, etc) don't have a sense of humour that's sometimes dark, satirical, and even morally wrong, then you have led a sheltered life.

At a place of work, you merely show a sense of respectful humour, but outside there, even if it's "wrong" to do so, your own humour is just that; Your own. When i'm at work (or even just posting on public forums such as this one), i don't know the audience, so i limit my boundaries as much as is needed. In more closed places, and amongst close friends, laughing and joking about anything and everything with no holds barred is just a daily routine to brighten the chat up a little. It doesn't mean we agree with everything said, but just that it's simple humour on the surface with no further meaning and certainly wouldn't change perceptions about anything.

The same applies here with regards to the OP.

I've gone into it too much haven't i. *sigh*
    Good post, but I still don't understand how it can "make a day" to a somebody who knows how an acute patient could call up any minute. It's a question of life and death anyway.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

That's the definition of troll, I don't think I fit in it since this is such a grave matter to make a joke off from. And people don't get to those seats easily since it's people's lives at stake there.
    Pretty sure the fellow was referring to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Perhaps he is trying to lure out the individual with praise, only to then slam him with the irl banhammer.
    because posting on a wow forum can be used as a proof in a trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt519 View Post
    In my line of work, you have to find humor in the little things. This job will drive you crazy if you don't.
    And this call was 11 seconds of happy to brighten my day.

And to anyone worried about not having enough lines, it was the only call at the time.

I'll try to get the tapes, it takes like 12 weeks to go through FoiA to get them.
    I just got a flashback of one of the many episodes of Scrubs. "This place will drive you made", "This place will crush you if you don't..." that shit was said like every third episode. Still, I do understand. I used to work in a hardware store at the tills, I used to consider myself an anti-social 'til that job, because my favourite part of that job and the only part I enjoyed was dealing with the customers. Sure some were self-entitled pricks, but most were nice, varied decent people. If it weren't for the customers I would've quit it pretty quickly.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanathos View Post
    Pretty sure the fellow was referring to the OP.
    Yep, could've read wrong. Sorry if I did!

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Actually you can be held accountant of blogs etc, atleast it's so in finland.

There are cases in WoW where a boy sent a message to GM telling he would commit suicide.. The rest is history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Praise him, lure him out, ask him who he is in a PM feigning personal interest, banhammer. Of course, if he intended on doing that he would've just traced the call, or had it traced by whoever.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    yeah the FOIA, but only if the information is important to you or relates to you. I can't just go out a request information on someone i don't know just for laughs.
    Perhaps you confused what I meant, or perhaps I wasn't clear. Could be either. The FIA applies EVERYWHERE. In some places, many in fact, the transcripts are just straight up public record if people ask.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Deleted
    yeah the FOIA, but only if the information is important to you or relates to you. I can't just go out a request information on someone i don't know just for laughs.
    Really? considering the number of stupid 911 calls I've seen released in the past year i question that.

I still get a kick out of the women who called about the chicken nuggets at mcdonalds.

I'll have to be the "nagger" here.

Calls like that prevent people with real, acute problems getting through the lines. That's horrendous!

And no, with an attitude like that I don't think you really work for such a system.
    They aren't allowed to have a sense of humor?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    SS or it didnt happen!
    still epic non the less * smirking face*
    I Don't think you can Screenshot a Phone call.
    Last edited by Nab; 2010-12-30 at 10:16 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

You do realize this is illegal, you didn't release any information about the caller, but you did post it on a forum in a way that you are hoping that the actual caller uses the forums.
    It's also illegal to smoke weed. Guess what I'm doing right now. Later tonight I'm going to sodomize my girl. Pretty sure that's illegal too.

Fuck the laws of men. The laws of nature are all that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It's also illegal to smoke weed. Guess what I'm doing right now. Later tonight I'm going to sodomize my girl. Pretty sure that's illegal too.

Says the chap behind his computer.

Hah-hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol do you have the recording? i wanna hear it =D

yeah the FOIA, but only if the information is important to you or relates to you.
    That is absolutely false.

I suggest reading up on it here. FOIA can be very useful for a myriad of reasons. It does not need to specifically pertain to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post

I like it... a lot.

Deleted
    Reminds me of the clip russel howard played on his good news show. Some dumbass woman from kent phoned 999 to report that someone has stolen her snowman off the front lawn during the last lot of snow in the UK, and then proceeded to mention she didn't think the other residents in her street were very nice, but to steal an innocent snowman was beyond belief. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed!

Are they being criminally prosecuted?

Too funny! Even if its not true its still hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

If this really happened, this has made my day too
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!