Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Even 8k is generous...my guild runs average as LEAST 15k, one of ours pulled 24k in ToT last night. Heck I pulled 14k on the last boss as a tank and I was still bottom.
    no one pulls that much dont kid yourself, and 8k is where you should be, with 8k you can get encounters down with no problem and a little cc.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Vote kicking should be done out of necessity not arrogance.

If your group can't beat the enrage, kick the lowest dps, sure.

Otherwise, why be a dick? I, as a tank, am often 1-3 on recount depending on fights, but unless we wipe cause of lack of dps, I'll never support a vote kick.

It's sad how many ppl use WoW to reaffirm their "superiority" over others.
    This.

Ya know, seeing alot of the numbers that get casually tossed about, I am coming to 1 of a few conclusions. Either A.) People are full of shit, B.) Something is seriously wrong with my damage meters, or C.) After all of the heroics that I have run in every single DPS in every single one of them without a single exception is a scrub.

"B" is possible, "C" is horrifically unlikely given the raw number of people I have run with, "A" seems like the most likely option.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    I kick any DPS that isn't up to snuff, doesn't mean I expect them to match my 18-20k, but if they're at 4-6k GTFO. No reason to be sub 8k as I was breaking 10k on December 7th/8th in my first heroics.
    That post surely did sound kind of like a dick, but I agree. I leveled my shaman to 85 few days ago, at about 330 average ilvl I was at usually 10-11k on single target fights, with BL and a tank n spank bossfight I was at about 16-17k at the end of the fight.
    What I mean is that sure, all classes ain't perfectly balanced, but aslong as you're atleast trying, I will help you all I can. If I see a player at 6k DPS, I usually give him some kind of suggestion to help him out. If he does any kind of leetspeak, that I'm being rude in any way or just not responding, it pisses me off. Even a 6 year old boy that knows english would learn from that, but if you just ain't trying, please don't be in my heroic group. There are normals for you guys, you are very welcome there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    the only time i initiate a kick to a dps is when i (the tank) am pulling more dps then you and your still alive
    Still thinking in your WotLK crib, tbh. Ferals tanks can pull some very high numbers right now due to crit if they know what they're doing, I struggled as a gearing fury warrior at the beginning of Cata heroics to keep up with my guild's feral tank. We were usually neck & neck doing anywhere from 9-12k, but vengeance on multi-target fights had his dps sailing high.

What people need to also realize is different classes perform at different levels. Frost DKs can walk in to heroics at 330 item level and destroy the meters compared to other 330 item level people. Meanwhile, my 331 warlock is having to hustle to do 9.5k on bosses and I do 6k, maybe 7k on trash packs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    the only time i initiate a kick to a dps is when i (the tank) am pulling more dps then you and your still alive
    I as tank, usually pull good 10k dps on packs with 2-3 targets out of cc.. 7-8 dps on bosses with no adds, where i can keep nuking ... I see lots of actually dps with lower dps than me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    I would not recommend to do shadowfang hc with that attitude.Ashbury and Baron Silverlaine do require high dps (8k bottom incl interrupts)
    No they dont.

Pugging gets you these completely retarded issiues.. People think they are better then someone else without knowing anything about the player. Dps isnt everything, as long as they do there jobs and dont fuck up so we can clear the place there should be no reason for someone to be kicked. If you are afraid he might steal gear, wel i got news for you... there is a thing called premades that might work out better for you.

the only reason i kick people is if they need on gear they dont deserve (like a dps rolling on tank gear even tho the tank needs it) or if they are just complete idiots that make the group whipe and the occasional afker who goes afk every 5 min.

I give people 1 warning if i think they are messing up. If they dont adjust they can hf in there 30 min qeues.

I think the kick system is a little offbalance tho, most people will click Ok when they see it, even tho they have no idea who is beiing kicked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    I kick any DPS that isn't up to snuff, doesn't mean I expect them to match my 18-20k, but if they're at 4-6k GTFO. No reason to be sub 8k as I was breaking 10k on December 7th/8th in my first heroics.
    Dude, seriously. stfu, nobody believes you did 10k in your first heroic, if that was the second you hit 329 and nobody, NOBODY belives that your doing 18-20k on boss fights now, so unless yours talking abou trash, your making an ass of yourself, trying to seem cool on the internets, the high and mighty interwebz....sigh dude....get over yourself.

And this is not an unconstuctive post mr moderator. when people like this guy states those are the number he is doing, and only using them to flame other people for being below what his fairytail version of the truth is, he is basically saying, or pretty directly saying that people who cant do what he supposely can do is shit, and thats uncalled for, unnessecary, and THATS unconstructive.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    I as tank, usually pull good 10k dps on packs with 2-3 targets out of cc.. 7-8 dps on bosses with no adds, where i can keep nuking ... I see lots of actually dps with lower dps than me
    Vengeance stacks pretty high with all those mobs attacking you at once. Also, pure dps AoE ability has been nerfed quite a bit. Usually, in packs of mobs, I aim to at least be equal with a tank, which doesn't always happen, as I'm usually concentrating on other things, like CCing loose mobs, getting out of fire, or trying to interrupt the mob casting something Really Bad. There are a lot of factors that contribute to DPS. DPS classes have actual jobs other than facerolling in instances now.

DPS is important, but the rule of thumb is: You do more dps alive than dead. If the run is going smoothly, things get CCed correctly, and everyone is paying attention and trying to improve, I don't kick anyone. I've only ever kicked one windowlicker, and that was because he was worse than useless, even with a second hunter in group trying to explain to him how his class worked.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootycus View Post
    Anyone who knows their proper rotation can pull 7 - 8k dps the second they hit the item level for heroics. If they arent at or above that, you tell them to learn how to play and kick them if they are really bad.
    My warrior (fury) just dinged 85 yesterday and im doing 6k in quest blue and greens.

Deleted
    I've seen a guildie do about 16-17k on some fights, but i still doubt your pulling 20k every fight, unless your a ridiculously good geared survival (OP) hunter. I, personally, dont kick anyone who has low DPS, unless theyre awful all round (ridiuclously low dmg and just taking lots of dmg from mistakes).

OT: Lol at the guy who was banned for saying 'LOL, your so cool'. How is that even slightly offensive, wtf? xD

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by denizhansen View Post
    Dude, seriously. stfu, nobody believes you did 10k in your first heroic, if that was the second you hit 329 and nobody, NOBODY belives that your doing 18-20k on boss fights now, so unless yours talking abou trash, your making an ass of yourself, trying to seem cool on the internets, the high and mighty interwebz....sigh dude....get over yourself.

And this is not an unconstuctive post mr moderator. when people like this guy states those are the number he is doing, and only using them to flame other people for being below what his fairytail version of the truth is, he is basically saying, or pretty directly saying that people who cant do what he supposely can do is shit, and thats uncalled for, unnessecary, and THATS unconstructive.
    POW!!!!!! Well put

Quote Originally Posted by adàm22 View Post
    Fury wars do have a CC, its whether or not they are smart enough to use it, or even glyph it just for heroics. If you don't know what I speak of its Intimidating Shout and it works fine as a CC, especially glyphed.
    LOL, an 8 second CC on a 2 minute cooldown? Yeah, that's real reliable.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Deleted
    I'm a warrior, never been kicked. Usually roll as tank, but I haven't been kicked when dpsing either. If I see some1 initiating a V2K against another player cause lack of CC or simply wrong class, then I tell them to kicked the person who initiated the kick or find a new tank. If the player can pull his own weight despite lack of CC then he deserves to be in the group.

If you have power in a group (healer or tank, preferably a tank) then make sure you use it in the right way. It's your responsibility to teach those douchebags not to do that again.

Kick for faulty reasons and go back to the 45min queue.

Good DPS are terribly hard to find in LFD, in H Lost City a few days ago, three different DPS were kicked and brought in and none of them surpassed the Druid tank. There was even a ret Paladin in healing and tank gear that only managed to break 2k. Granted bears are doing a lot of DPS right now and ret is a little low, but it's still pretty bad.
    Last edited by Sny; 2010-12-31 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    Good DPS are terribly hard to find in LFD, in H Lost City a few days ago, three different DPS were kicked and brought in and none of them surpassed the Druid tank. There was even a ret Paladin in healing and tank gear that only managed to break 2k. Granted bears are doing a lot of DPS right now and ret is a little low, but it's still pretty bad.
    And because the tank was good equipped you skipped most of the CCs and thus the tank had his fun share with 5-6k extra attack power from vengeance. So he had what? 5-10% less crit chance but 50-60% more attack power than the DpS?

When I'm tanking 3-4 mobs in a heroic, I'm at about 10k DpS, when I tank a single trash mob, I'm at 6-7k DpS but the healer is at 4-6k DpS. If you aren't sporting a lot of "cleave classes" that do somewhat passive cleaves damage (like warriors, hunters, DKs, ret pallies) you are better of single targeting with CC having a healer that nukes (hooray for smite healing disc priests I love'em, earth shield + lightning bolt, WoG + HS/Exo, Tree + Wrath spam). The possibilities are there, use them.

If your group pulls 20k DpS overall, you can finish every heroic out there without much of an issue. We did lost city with 6.5k dps tank, 3x 5.5k DpS, no sweat.

I've kicked two people in about 50-60 heroics I did up till now, one was a mage unwilling to sheep because 'haven't got a macro for sheeping' and another was a spriest that always rolled need (on greens and on blues) and didn't react to anything that was said to him...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite 85 but when I was in heroics at the start of wotlk if people did shit DPS fine ... as long as they were'nt fucking up on the boss ... I havent had a chance to test the Cata heroics out yet apparantly they're hard according to my guild/friends.
    Insert Signiture here.

Locking this before more flaming ensues.