LFD idea.....possible?

After reading several posts about having insanely long que times for DPS, I had an idea. Would it be possible for Blizzard to implement a system so that you can play on an alt and when you que up for a dungeon, be able to choose which character you would like to que with? Then once que pops and you accept, it logs you off of your alt and logs you in with the chosen character into the dungeon for which the que popped? Would that be too straining on the server? I believe this would be fantastic and give people more incentive to level alts and possibly allow some DPS who don't want to lose out on their que to level a healer or tank themselves while waiting to gear up their DPS main at the same time.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizz could do this, but as of now it's definitely not possible. It's a great idea though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish it could do the same thing with BG queues... BG ques: You can queue up, log off, and when you log back into the queued character, if you're in time, you can enter the BG. But with dungeon ques: You que, if you log out or join a group you leave the queue.

I'm sure it's doable but I'm betting it would require a lot of changes on their end. Especially if your alt was on a different realm. I could also see this potentially making queue times worse, since a lot of dps actually don't queue for the reason that they don't want to wait.

Imo, if it's your first time queuing for that day then you should be placed further up in the queue. This would let dps at least get a group for the daily faster. It would also encourage them to stick it out, since if they leave then their queues after that will be much longer.

The same should apply for deserter. Let them queue up, but give them a low priority for the next 30 minutes. A lot of tanks/healers get that debuff, which prevents other groups from forming.

Quote Originally Posted by axio View Post
    I'm sure it's doable but I'm betting it would require a lot of changes on their end. Especially if your alt was on a different realm. I could also see this potentially making queue times worse, since a lot of dps actually don't queue for the reason that they don't want to wait.

Imo, if it's your first time queuing for that day then you should be placed further up in the queue. This would let dps at least get a group for the daily faster. It would also encourage them to stick it out, since if they leave then their queues after that will be much longer.

The same should apply for deserter. Let them queue up, but give them a low priority for the next 30 minutes. A lot of tanks/healers get that debuff, which prevents other groups from forming.
    this was a good idea