Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    My test was this. I took note of my co-ordinates. I flew for 1 minute on mount (I have 310% speed paid for) I noted the destination co-ordinates after 1 minute. I then went back to the start pointed in the exact same direction (using a remote point as line up reference) and flew in flight form. I then noted the time it took to reach the same co-ordinates.

I could also verify the speeds using the co-ordinates, and standard speed=distance/time formula for both journeys.

why the hell we dont get benefit from "mount up" ? please dont say "it is a mount speed increase, we are not mounts we shapeshift" because it is totally retarded. and also, is this working as intended or a bug ?

I made a ticket about the Swift Flight Form speed and Mount Up - they told me that it should be working, and that Swift Flight Form should work with both Mount Up, and Crusader Aura as well. I've noticed that I fly slower than other people, too. Extremely annoying.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

For those that would claim that it is working as intended and not applying to Swift Flight Form merely because we are shapeshifted and it says "mounted" on the tooltip, consider this:
    Crusader Aura, Cold Weather Flying, Flight Master's License, and Master Riding all work with Swift Flight Form. Explain to me just why these correctly apply to Swift Flight Form, and why Mount Up would be any different?

This is definitely bugged, I have also opened a ticket. It's extremely annoying that it pushes my debuffs behind Blizzard Boss Frames, though.
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2010-12-31 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    :S Only 409% speed in Swift Flight form, then mounted my nether drake.. 451%. /sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    there was a very very long time before flight form could benifit from that and tbh i cant actualy remember it being fixed, all i remember is flying over to Uldar and having pallys out fly me

p.s submitted a ticket as well after testing

The fact that Mount Up doesn't apply to Flight Form is in fact a bug as I have received from a GM response about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    there was a very very long time before flight form could benifit from that and tbh i cant actualy remember it being fixed, all i remember is flying over to Uldar and having pallys out fly me

p.s submitted a ticket as well after testing
    I am aware of such, and the fact that it was changed to apply to Flight Forms only supports the point that Mount Up is incorrectly not applying.

My ticket was answered, and they are definitely now aware of the bug:
    Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are actually aware of this particular problem, and are working on getting it resolved as quickly as we can. Keep your eyes on the forums for updates and bug fixes.
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2011-01-01 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Well barring the "Mount up" bug -

the primary issue is still that my 310 flight form is only going 280. This must be some sort of bug. and I've yet to see a blue post about it.

Deleted
    It's not a bug. Flight Form has never received benefits from mount speed increases such as Crusader Aura, Carrot on a Stick, the whip from Netherwing etc.

We wont receive the speed bonus from the guild perk either (Mount up). Therefor we will only be able to fly at 310% speed with flight form and 351% with a normal flying mount.

you maybe only feel like your going 280% because almost everyone els goes faster, but you're still doing 310%. (pic or didn't happen)
    I don't like it either but I think it's a fair "trade" since we can mount instantly.
    Last edited by mmocc273051685; 2011-01-02 at 05:22 PM. Reason: some numbers where wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerini View Post
    It's not a bug. Flight Form has never received benefits from mount speed increases such as Crusader Aura, Carrot on a Stick, the whip from Netherwing etc..
    wrong right now we get benefits from crusader.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    My test was this. I took note of my co-ordinates. I flew for 1 minute on mount (I have 310% speed paid for) I noted the destination co-ordinates after 1 minute. I then went back to the start pointed in the exact same direction (using a remote point as line up reference) and flew in flight form. I then noted the time it took to reach the same co-ordinates.

I could also verify the speeds using the co-ordinates, and standard speed=distance/time formula for both journeys.
    Are you in a level 3+ guild? If your answer is yes, then the fact that Mount Up does not apply to Flight Form is what is causing the discrepancy. If no, then there is another bug.

Given your data, it looks like you're simply misinterpreting the cause of the problem though. You likely are traveling at +310% speed in flight form, it's just that your regular mount travels at +351%.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    Only 409% speed in Swift Flight form, then mounted my nether drake.. 451%. /sigh
    Confirmed.

I can confirm it.
    My swift flight form displays as 409% and my Invincible mount in air shows up as 451%.
    Was actually wondering why I was slower lol.

flight form is just that. Flight form. In no way are you a mount or riding a mount. You are simply a form that can fly, hence why you can do it instance instead of the cast time of getting on a real mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    flight form is just that. Flight form. In no way are you a mount or riding a mount. You are simply a form that can fly, hence why you can do it instance instead of the cast time of getting on a real mount.
    Never worked like that. It always worked like instant mount (like brooms).

Deleted
    I have now been contacted in game by a GM who wrote that the guild perk mount up not applying to druid flight form is a known issue and a fix is available and will be in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    since we are trying to unreveal a bug i wont rely on a macro, becase maybe the game thinks you go at 310% but still only lets you reach 280%
    actually, thats false, because i just tested it, and my flight form is going 409% and mounted im going 451%

I can confirm that even with 310 % I am still flying with 280 % (checked with mate on 310 % mount, he just left me behind).

Is this a new bug? I was never able to complete Dragonmaw Race: Captain Skyshatter when I just had 280%, but after getting 310% i was able to complete it on the first try. It might, of course, have been a coincidence, but seeing how much i struggled with the damn quest earlier, i dont think so

But now, flying in cata just seems slow, and i seem to be outrunned all the time, even by those not guilded.