Need help on Atramedes!

Hi. We recently tried Atramedes on 10 man. We only had 5 or so attempts, but it was clear what was wiping us. In the air phase, the laser beam was TOO fast. We read somewhere that it was based on sound, so even after a gong reset, it would go flying. One person couldn't even run away with rocket boots! How does one counteract it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

I'd suggest that you actually try blowing through your gongs faster - one of the things that most people new to the fight mistakenly believe is that gongs must somehow all be preserved for interrupting Searing Flames. This actually isn't true - you can use many additional gongs to control raid member sound levels if they spike.

Keep in mind also that the AoE that Atramedes does will hit much harder as someone's sound level increases. So, if your melee were just steamrolled by sound discs, they're going to take a massive amount of damage the next time Atramedes uses his unavoidable sound AoE.

Atramedes will automatically shift his attention to anyone that hits a gong during air phase when he's hunting someone down with a laser beam (and the beam will beeline for the gong that was struck), so try having your tank bang a gong every air phase after the person initially targeted kites for a few seconds. After the initial target is unable to outrun the beam, have your tank bang a gong to get the beam on him and heal him per usual.
    Varnius 85 Warlock
    <Reckoning> Lightninghoof-US
    7/7 Heroic Firelands
    www.reckoningwow.com

Deleted
    You can avoid the beam completely without problems. When the air phase starts, all players have to keep moving. This will make sure the first beam does not spawn inside a player who is standing still. The first player then has to run away, a priest can pull him and he can use any skills that increase his movement speed to evade the beam a bit longer. Eventually the beam will catch up, but at this moment a designated player can hit the gong - the beam will switch to the new player. This new player will be the new target, so you can choose a feral druid or shaman with instant ghostwolf for that task; he can then start running away after hitting the gong and evade it till the end of the air phase. Buy using that strategy we use only use gongs to stop the fire aoe and to control the beam, and to rarely (like once per fight) to reset the noise level if really necessary.
    Last edited by mmoc65abbb9d83; 2010-12-31 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Air Phase is pretty easy, in our guild we use allways one gong per air phase, air phase lasts like 30-35sec first guy the beam chases we use Life grip's from our priests etc. When there is like 18-20sec left in air phase our Main Tank(warrior) uses gong, it takes few secs for Atramedes to destroy the gong, then the beam starts to track our Warrior which can easily kite him with Heroic Leap + Intervene + possible Life grip's and Body and Soul movement speed talen from priest. Piece of cake

I am the gong man for our guild on 25man, he goes into the air phase and I wait by a gong, I watched the first targetted person kite until the beam is almost on top of them and then press the gong.

I am Mage with Rocket boots, so I can then kite that beam for the remainder of the air phase. I can do two very long kites, and one short kite, which is then reset by Iceblock.

A thing to note is that kiting around the out side of the room seems to be the best way for me, as it forces the beam to take an extended path. If you just kite around in the center you will find it on top of your quite quickly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The beam targets one person and follows them, catching up in speed the entire time. You will have to use a gong at some point to reset it (around 15-20 seconds in depending on how many speed increases you can manage). Once it has been hit, the person who hit the gong will always be targeted next, so make sure to get some distance and don't run backwards or at an angle. Run straight the entire time until it spawns, than cut corners if you can to stay ahead of it.

Thanks alot guys. We arent trying it tonight because of the holiday, but let me get this straight: We have everyone run from their initial location when the air phase comes and kite it as long as possible. Then me, as a shaman who hits the bells, hits it, and runs BEFORE he starts chasing me, so that i have max distance until he gets to me. Rinse, repeat, lewt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

Deleted
    If the beams are the only thing you are having a problem at this is how we did it.

Just to be sure to a 100% I bought swiftness potions to the entire raid, just incase one of the players in the raid didnt have any speed bonus skill.
    He hits the beam around the walls untill its almost caught up with him then we have a designated player with normal speed skills kite it the rest.

We had some luck that we only needed to use one potion and that was when it came on me, seeing as i was the tank im very happy i did infact have it and didnt get hit. Altough we had eleshaman, druid, rogue, hunter, mage and a holy priest to sort it out ^^

Just always try and take percations from RNG that you can avoid.

This has nothing to do with the beams but don't forget the more sound you have the more damage you will take from all sources (Even the main tanks incoming melee dmg). Just something that helped us see who was sucking on the discs.

I personally believe the Laser beam speeds up the closer it gets to someone, so if you are constantly far from it , it will never speed up, but thats just me. Our warrior ran around for 30 seconds with Intervene, Leap, etc.
    Last edited by zaneosak; 2011-01-03 at 06:40 PM.