Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sick of PuG Heroics

I really hate random PuG Heroics now... I'm really tired of getting into a random and having the tank drop group; because I waited 45 minutes just to down the first boss and have him leave because he didn't get the loot he wanted. He doesn't care though, because his queue is only 10 seconds long. Several times today I've gotten into HoO just to have the tank insta-leave and all of the said times were after waiting at-least 40 minutes for the group. I wish they would make the penalty for leaving a random more severe, or implement something so that they can't leave instantly - even though both of these things will never happen.

Anyways QQ and inb4 "Roll a tank"

Run with your guild or set a group up from trade (make sure people are geared if you're going with the trade option). Anyway, I've not had too many problems with pug heroics. I occasionally pug and usually the group isn't half bad.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a guild, some friends to do them with, or just don't do them. If you're not in a raiding guild, there is no reason to have Valor Points..

If you are sick of PUGs, then dont PUG. Nothing says you have to PUG. Nothing says you have to use the Random Dungeon Finder.

Join a Guild, Make some friends, Run some Heroics.

/Thread

If the tank leaves after one boss just queue up for a new tank and you'll be finishing the rest of the dungeon within minutes..
    Groups where someone left have priority in the queue.

When i first started doing heroics, the groups were terrible. Now i pretty much always get full clears with little to know wipes.

If you want to guarantee a good run, the only thing you can do is join a guild. Thats all you can do.

At least he is leaving the group and not kicking you for a there own fail/stupidity/ignorance.
    Last night i was in dead mines in the reaper, and everyone knows the adds do aoe damage so the tank needs to pull the boss up the ramp. This group was all from the same server but me. They decide to pull the boss and stand at the bottom where the adds spawn and take the aoe and die. Heals does a BR and i said move up the ramp so you dont get hit by the aoe, they did. Anyhow latter on all dps was dead and boss still has 1mil health left and the tank is only doing 5k dps and i dont feel like killing the adds for 10min while the tanks tries to down this guy. so i kill off a add and go up the ramp to help out, hoping i can do a knock back on the add to keep the aoe away while i help dps on the boss till we wipe. And of course we wiped, but alot faster then i thought. After that the healer says why did you wipe us? I said all dps was dead so i came to help knowing it was a wipe. He reply's i have a bot ill never run out of mana. "i looked he only had 58k mana" But the dps was all dead. what good is a healer when all you can heal is the tank? Granted dps are suppose to avoid taking damage but you still do.

Anyhow try 2. they all decide to stand at the bottom of the ramp around the boss again, and before i could type to tell them to move up the ramp again the tank pulls and the adds spawn instantly and wipe them all and i get the blame since im not in there group. And this time it spawned 2 adds at the same time so they died instantly. LOL now with a little more thought it was kind of funny how they didn't learn from the first time. Anyhow they were even nice enough to say F11k you buddy before kicking me, So i wasted 2 hours of my life for them failing on how to pull the boss correctly.
    So ya random groups do suck but some are fun also. 50/50 chance ill take it

heroics are slowly getting better as I notice I'm in more and more half guild runs and generally the idiots are quitting to go QQ on the forums.

why this last run we actually killed THE ENTIRE heroic dungeon! holy crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

There's a constant stream in trade of guilds that do heroic dungeons, sounds like that's where you belong.

It's not only you who is pissed of the PUGs, i also as a tank hate this pugs, you have to explain tactic / mark target / lead the group and after you did all this, someone just f*** it up. Some people just leave and you have to do it again .....

Believe me it's much more easier to wait 45 minutes in queue than doing the tanks work ...

get a guild nuff said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    If the tank leaves after one boss just queue up for a new tank and you'll be finishing the rest of the dungeon within minutes..
    Groups where someone left have priority in the queue.
    ^- This! If someone within your party leaves, you are getting quite front of queue, so if tank leaves, you don't have to wait say, 30minutes for new one. Only a minute or two.

The only people who are crying about pug heroics are dps, I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    It's not only you who is pissed of the PUGs, i also as a tank hate this pugs, you have to explain tactic / mark target / lead the group and after you did all this, someone just f*** it up. Some people just leave and you have to do it again .....

Believe me it's much more easier to wait 45 minutes in queue than doing the tanks work ...
    If you persist, stay polite and keep going, you'll become a better tank because of it. If you don't, keep whining and quit tanking eventually, you'll know that you were never not cut out to be one. Much easier, only if you have patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by senaelanna View Post
    the only people who are crying about pug heroics are dps, i'm shocked.
    and who could've known?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself dont do pugrun on heroic, My guild and i aiming for guildruns and ashivmentrun. Last night we got the guild lv on 4 and was really happy. We are gearing up together and we have really fun on skype and learn bossfights. Today we talk about how boring Heroic will be if it was easy, now we glad that they are a real good challange, and not just a no brain run, quitrun couse of wipe and ninjas leaving. When we think the heroic isent so mutsh challange anymore, we going for 10 mans raids for some real challange.
    LOOKI

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    If you persist, stay polite and keep going, you'll become a better tank because of it. If you don't, keep whining and quit tanking eventually, you'll know that you were never not cut out to be one. Much easier, only if you have patience.
    Even the patience got it's limit ...., anyway what i say is that, the tank got much much much more stuff to know / do in heroics that rest of the party. That means if something went wrong, it's you who is pissed of and blamed most.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    and who could've known?
    I dunno man, should have been obvious from the way that WotLK was full of incompetent ret paladins and dps dks.

Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post

I think it's funny you think it's YOUR job to explain fights or lead the group; it doesn't even have to be your job to mark anymore because the whole group can do it.

Don't get your panties in a twist because you are assuming it's your responsibility when it's not.

If you want to be mad, at least have a reason you can even be mad about. And the last time I checked every class that can tank, can also dps or heal, so if you have such a big problem 'explaining, marking, and leading' your group, do something that isn't as 'stressful' for you.

It's tanks like you that give all the other ones a bad rap, assuming you are in charge of the whole setup, when if fact you rely on the rest of the group as much as they rely on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll a tank, get friends or get a guild.
    Vol'jin fanboy