[Question] Does Netherwind Presence show up on your character sheet?

Ok so I'm trying to reach 7% haste unbuffed. Elitistjerks said goblin mages w/ 3/3 Netherwind Presence need 384 haste.

I'm at 413 haste rating but my character sheet shows 3.23% haste

So if Netherwind Presence as well as my goblin racial don't display on the character sheet, then I'm actually at 7.23% haste, which is what I would have expected...

The reason this is weird to me (I know its only one example) but my friend plays rogue and his talents that give hit rating DO reflect on char sheet. When he switches to his other spec his char sheet loses the hit as he loses those talents.......

I would probably just pay to respec and test it, but I'm at work trying to see what I should reforge around, so I figured I'd put it out there if anyone has tested this already? Thx much guys

pretty sure it doesn't show, from the differences I've noticed between my character sheet and my Mage Nuggets stat monitor (which is accurate)

Haste on the character sheet only shows what you get from gear. Buffs, talents and racials don't show up.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Haste on the character sheet only shows what you get from gear. Buffs, talents and racials don't show up.
    Some do and some don't. There are certain classes that get a base hit for speccing into something and it factors into the character sheet. There was one or two others, but I know the goblin racial definitely does not. The talent in this case I recall doesn't, but that's not to say that all of them don't.

This is the conclusion I was expecting, especially after I brought up a tree and it gives us specifically "SPELL haste" I think thats why it doesn't show.

Fun fact: Co-worker plays ret pal, was asking him about it... Even their aura which gives 3% damage (5% if your the pal) shows up!?!?!? lol If he mouses over weapon damage it'll say XXX-XXX x1.05 and if he turns aura off it goes away, odd that even that they found a way to get in there, but a simple 3% haste talent doesn't display

just for fun, enjoy all, thx for the replies

it doesnt add up to ur spell haste in ur character sheet so just X% spell haste +3%

edit: X% plus 3% from netherwind
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2011-01-02 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    it doesnt add up to ur spell haste in ur character sheet so just X% spell haste +3%
    actually, it's a bit more complicated than this.

basically, haste isn't additive, but multiplicative. if you have 3% haste from gear, 1% from the racial, and 3% from talents, your haste isn't 7%, but 1.03*1.01*1.03, or 1.071509. this is 7.15% haste. this isn't that much on these levels, but once you reach higher gear levels, it becomes more pronounced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post

basically, haste isn't additive, but multiplicative. if you have 3% haste from gear, 1% from the racial, and 3% from talents, your haste isn't 7%, but 1.03*1.01*1.03, or 1.071509. this is 7.15% haste. this isn't that much on these levels, but once you reach higher gear levels, it becomes more pronounced.
    You're actually wrong. When you get +% values from this talents it is additive. It isn't "Current haste from gearx 1.03" it is a flat haste bonus that is added - whatever haste value is equal to 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post

That would make for a pretty overpowered talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    You're actually wrong. When you get +% values from this talents it is additive. It isn't "Current haste from gearx 1.03" it is a flat haste bonus that is added - whatever haste value is equal to 3%.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Casting_speed says:
    Note: Haste rating stacks additively with itself but haste stacks multiplicatively. That means that if you have 158 haste rating, you will have +10% haste, no matter how many sources and items that haste rating comes from. If you then use troll Berserking for +30% haste, you would have 110% * 130% = 143% haste.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Haste says:

Haste stacks in a multiplicative manner. This means that it is beneficial to stack multiple haste effects. For instance, stacking [Slice and Dice] with [Blade Flurry] gives a total of 68% haste (140% * 120% = 168% of the base attack speed). Haste rating stacks additively with itself (two sources of 100 haste rating give 200 haste rating stacked together) and then is converted into a percentage that stacks in a multiplicative manner with other sources of haste. For every 32.79 points of haste rating you will have 1% faster attack speed at level 80.
    also, what you can do is calculate stat weights for haste with 5% haste and without 5% haste buff. you will see that the former is higher than the latter, while if they were additively, you would normally get the same result (i.e. 1 haste rating would increase your DPS by the same amount, with or without that 5% haste).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure 5% crit buffs will appear on character sheet