Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vno View Post
    Thats around average lynesman. You just hit 85 so don't stress it.
    Awesome cheers bud, I was feeling a little worried after reading the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaer View Post
    I request that my trolls at least be good at it.

Thank you.
    I'm not trolling you, I'm saying outright that what you're doing is plain wrong. IFFFF you knew your class, you'd understand why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vno View Post
    Halfus 37k
    with the welps then or with bladeflurry taking halfus and the dragon as well, no other way to do it my friend

51k on halfus heroic, and I'm only on 30-35k when AoEing whelps, the real dmg is from nuking the boss.

Gimmick fights aside, I was ending up at 17-18k on nefarian the other night, wich includes a bit of moving and waiting, but somewhere around 17-19k probably, depends a lot on the fight.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrandon View Post
    I'm not trolling you, I'm saying outright that what you're doing is plain wrong. IFFFF you knew your class, you'd understand why.
    You're still trolling bro.
    You offer no insight to why you're right, so I should take your internet superstardom with a grain of salt and think you're right on a whim, gotcha.
    Matter of the fact is I'm still doing acceptable DPS considering I'm still mostly in blues, telling someone they're playing plain wrong despite still doing their job is just arrogant on your half.

There's nothing wrong with me taking a suboptimal spec and doing a little less DPS at the sake of making everything easier to manage.

You're still trolling bro.
    You offer no insight to why you're right, so I should take your internet superstardom with a grain of salt and think you're right on a whim, gotcha.
    Matter of the fact is I'm still doing acceptable DPS considering I'm still mostly in blues, telling someone they're playing plain wrong despite still doing their job is just arrogant on your half.

There's nothing wrong with me taking a suboptimal spec and doing a little less DPS at the sake of making everything easier to manage.
    He offers no insight because it's obvious what the advantage is if you didn't take the worthless talents you chose. You shouldn't need damage reduction to help out a healer if you do what you're supposed to so basically the talents you take are an outright waste of points. You're doing acceptable dps yes, but you're not doing optimal by any means and you don't need to take lame talents to make up for mistakes you could make but instead should learn how not to make mistakes so you need those talents. Thinking that you're really helping the group by taking talents that are completely worthless when you do your job right is just as arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    He offers no insight because it's obvious what the advantage is if you didn't take the worthless talents you chose. You shouldn't need damage reduction to help out a healer if you do what you're supposed to so basically the talents you take are an outright waste of points. You're doing acceptable dps yes, but you're not doing optimal by any means and you don't need to take lame talents to make up for mistakes you could make but instead should learn how not to make mistakes so you need those talents. Thinking that you're really helping the group by taking talents that are completely worthless when you do your job right is just as arrogant.
    Mistakes, who said anything about mistakes? you're assuming out your ass.

Raid wide damage happens, all, the, time. If it didn't healers would have very little to do.
    Everyone takes the "optimal spec" for word of law because they all think they can play flawlessly, (pro tip; they don't, and not every fight is a patchwerk fight). I never said my spec was the better spec, hell, my first post in this thread I said it was suboptimal, I just implied it worked for me.
    But to chip in and say I'm playing completely wrong is just being a troll or nothing short of arrogant.

Mistakes, who said anything about mistakes? you're assuming out your ass.

Raid wide damage happens, all, the, time. If it didn't healers would have very little to do.
    Everyone takes the "optimal spec" for word of law because they all think they can play flawlessly, (pro tip; they don't, and not every fight is a patchwerk fight). I never said my spec was the better spec, hell, my first post in this thread I said it was suboptimal, I just implied it worked for me.
    But to chip in and say I'm playing completely wrong is just being a troll or nothing short of arrogant.
    Taking utility talents are basically pointless, because, fights cannot be tuned around what special damage reduction we can get.

We ALREADY get healed for 20% more as mutilate. That within itself is better than most other dps classes. Getting higher dps also yields the same effect as taking utility talents in certain circumstances, and, a 2-4% damage reduction will usually only yield slightly less overheals. Not some mythical gain in mana for healers.

If you believe your spec is sub-optimal and not the best why do you spec it in the first place? If damage reduction and extra cloaks are so worth taking wouldn't it mean you are playing the best spec? I can't figure out why you would call your own spec sub-optimal and yet still spec that way.

a little over 20k on Argaloth 25 man last week. Im assassination.