Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bored at work - help!

I am at work this week - I have coped the last 2 days but I have now reached an all time boredom high.

I have read my usual web sites, bored of playing on my i-phone, cant play any computer games (I can get on the Internet but it is work so no games)...

Any ideas that will get me through the next few hours?

Deleted
    Time will go faster if you actually do some work.

Also, take a long lunchbreak helps

Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    Time will go faster if you actually do some work.

Also, take a long lunchbreak helps
    hahahahah that was a good one... oh, hold on were you being serious?

Hmmm I hadn't considered doing any work.... I always consider the days between Xmas and new year dead days. I am an I.T. manager and we always have a change freeze on during this time, so its either fix stuff thats broke (hardly anyone here so not many calls coming in) or paperwork and paperwork can kiss my fat ass

But cheers for the suggestion.

Old school solution but try scrunching waste paper (preferably that paperwork) in balls and throwing them from across the room into a bin. Its surprisingly fun and I've literally wasted hours doing it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡
    Hahaha, if you're alloud to have any visitor's while you're "working" I would suggest bringing a friend or possibly your gf to work with you to keep you entertained, the office roleplay with your girl is always hot dude

10+ Year Old Account
    bring xbox 2werk then

btw werk is 4nubs woh dnot kno how2ply

XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡
    Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    bring xbox 2werk then

XD
    Or this PS3 is good too

Ill give the paper tossing game a go - sounds like it could be fun

As for bringing the Missus down - I am married with kids so she has the kids, plus I don't get sex at home so no way she is popping down to the office for some

Also I share my office with the other I.T. dudes and there is one other guy in - he might not be too keen on me "getting it on" in front of him, and the office has 2 large glass walls that looks out onto a big open plan office which is full of people. I do like the idea though - mostly because it involved me having sex lol.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    bring xbox 2werk then

XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloux View Post
    Or this PS3 is good too
    I got my laptop with me that has wow on it (which is what I will be doing at lunchtime in the break area), but unfortunately my boss is working this week and although I can get away with doing very little and scouring the internet for amusement I couldn't get away with playing games.

Ieatgnomes
    How about some web browser games? Or if you have looked at your "usual web sites" check out some new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatgnomes View Post
    How about some web browser games? Or if you have looked at your "usual web sites" check out some new ones?
    I am up for some web browser games or if you could recommend some new websites - I tend to stick with MMO Champ, a few spurs and football sites and thats about it.....

So any funny websites or funny iphone apps that dont cost would be much appreciated

Get stumbleupon and watch your life dissapear. Also, Cracked, todays big thing, Cyanide and happiness, hyperbole and a half (personal favourite)...

Here's my star suggestion though. Minecraft can be played in browser. Nuff said.

Hyperbole and a half - Seven games you can play with a brick.
    Last edited by Robofish; 2010-12-31 at 10:39 AM.

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robofish View Post
    Get stumbleupon and watch your life dissapear
    Hahaha that is really cool - that should could me busy for a while love it....

Let me offer something back to you that a friend just sent me, its been around a while but I haven't seen it before and its a bit geeky but awesome

Type this in a cmd window - telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lynesman View Post
    I am at work this week - I have reached an all time boredom high.
    Story of my life. Only I'm a kitchen porter, so it's harder for me to access a computer.
    But I usually combat boredom with the help of my iPod, it's quite relaxing to be able to listen to your own music rather than the usual tripe on the radio.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Story of my life. Only I'm a kitchen porter, so it's harder for me to access a computer.
    But I usually combat boredom with the help of my iPod, it's quite relaxing to be able to listen to your own music rather than the usual tripe on the radio.
    I feel for you me old beauty, at least I have the Internet if I didnt have that I would be even worse....

When you get home have a look at this site - my friend sent it over and it is hilarious...

http://www.27bslash6.com/trash.html

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    xckd.com is a bunch of funny comics. I also like cracked.com and I always make sure to read the newspaper and check up on news on the Yahoo.com homepage. Another good website is howstuffworks.com or mentalfloss.com. I work at the front desk of a hotel and get bored easily too! After I get the lobby wiped down, vacumn, and do any paperwork that's really the extent of my job which takes maybe 2 hours if I stretch it out out of an 8 hour shift. I usually farm leather on my laptop. I work overnights and only ever see my boss maybe 3 hours a week! It's so nice

I feel for you me old beauty, at least I have the Internet if I didnt have that I would be even worse....

When you get home have a look at this site - my friend sent it over and it is hilarious...

Got a good laugh out of that, "That is quite clearly a dog with a blanket on it..."
    Stumble is great eh. I'm off now, Happy New years mate.

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

cantyouseeimbusy.com I suggest the "Microsoft Word" one its very convincing
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account

Thats... I don't even have a word to explain how wierd that is.
    Certainly a good laugh though, it's clearly a dog with a blanket on it.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Thats... I don't even have a word to explain how wierd that is.
    Certainly a good laugh though, it's clearly a dog with a blanket on it.
    Dude I am in tears.... That is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.... Read the one about the cat

Deleted
    Im also in the IT, maintaining a network + infrastructure for a couple of other companies.
    As for this moment, we were told yesterday to only finish what we still have here and dont take on any new stuff.

1 hour ago we had everything repaired and are just chilling now!

Go try to get some DesktopTowerdefense in or something. google it