Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guides Contest Winners, Peacebloom vs Ghouls Guide

Guide Contest - Winners!
    I went through a little more than 400 submissions for that contest and it REALLY wasn't easy to pick winners. The original plan was to give away 5 prizes but I had absolutely no way to do that without feeling extremely guilty for tons of other guides and I bumped the amount of prizes from 5 to 20!

I would like to thank WoWTCGLoot.com again for supplying most of these prizes!

PrizeUserGuide
    #1Mottled Drake Flying MountScythenPeaceblooms vs Ghouls
    #2Riding Turtle Ground MountExul??????
    #3Ethereal PortalWillbender0023??????
    #4Lil' Ragnaros + Moonkin HatchlingMihir??????
    #5Pandaren Monk + Lil' XTJinze??????
    #6D.I.S.C.O.Brusalk??????
    #7Grim CampfireCandey??????
    #8Landro's Gift Boxflyonthewall??????
    #9Landro's Gift BoxKeen??????
    #10Landro's Gift BoxThlop??????
    #11Landro's Gift BoxAdamsGaming??????
    #12Landro's Gift BoxZappie??????
    #13Landro's Gift BoxKueson??????
    #14Landro's Gift BoxSSJrapter??????
    #15Landro's Gift BoxKarrok??????
    #16Landro's Gift BoxLoto Bordeaux??????
    #17Landro's Gift BoxPulveriser??????
    #18Curse Premium AccountCarighan??????
    #19Curse Premium AccountNew??????
    #20Curse Premium Accountikki42??????

The guides will be revealed and released over the next 4 or 5 days to make sure that all the guides get some kind of attention and winners will receive their prizes shortly after.

First Prize - Peacebloom vs Ghouls Guide (by Scythen)
    The first prize of the contest is a HUGE guide about ... Peacebloom vs Ghouls. I clearly didn't expect to put a guide about that quest in the first place when I started the contest but this guide turned out to be awesome, extremely well built, and extremely entertaining to read. A perfect way to finish the year!

I know this guide is huge but I really didn't want to crop it out. Congratulations to Scythen who did a truely awesome job with that guide.

One if by Zeppelin: Two if by Boat -- Traveling Azeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Azeroth is a large world and it's recently become much larger. There are hills to climb, deserts to explore, fjords to ford, and a vast sea separating the continents. And let’s not forget that beyond Azeroth proper there lies a whole other shattered world -- Outland. Traveling has never been more interesting, and for some, confusing. To help you with getting around, we’ve compiled a list of some of the more common ways you can see the world, meet new creatures, and (likely) be killed by them.

Mounts
    Mounts come in all shapes and sizes, and each race has its own type of mount that becomes available at level 20. You’ll need to learn how to ride, of course, and then you'll need to keep your feet on the ground until level 60 when you can take to the skies -- after purchasing the flying skill and a flying mount.

Riding SkillAvailable AtRequirements
    Apprentice RidingLevel 20
    Journeyman RidingLevel 40
    Expert RidingLevel 60 (Allows for flying in Outland)The Burning Crusade
    Artisan RidingLevel 70
    Master RidingLevel 80
    Cold Weather FlyingLevel 68 (Allows for flying in Northrend)Wrath of the Lich King
    Flight Master's LicenseLevel 60 (Allows for flying in Azeroth)Cataclysm

*Tip - Hitchhiking: Some mounts are designed to carry more than one person, so you can always try to catch a ride with a friend.

Flight Masters
    For a little pocket change, you can get a lift from a Flight Master. You’ll need to find the flight paths (as indicated by the green exclamation (!) point) and learn the route before you can fly to many destinations, but they should be easy to find as you explore. It’s important to note that there are flight paths that can be used by Alliance only, Horde only, and by both. These are noted on your map as red for Horde, blue for Alliance, and gold for Neutral (both factions can use.)

Boats
    Boats are free to use, and while the crew may look like they have loyalties to the Horde or Alliance (depending on the harbor they make their home), they will never attack their passengers. The residents of the harbor, however, may have other things in mind. Most boats dock in Alliance ports and can be an inconvenient means of transport for the Horde, though Booty Bay in the Eastern Kingdoms runs a neutral port.

Zeppelins
    These flying contraptions may look like floating death traps, but they use the best in goblin technology... so yes, they'e probably death traps. You can’t beat free airfare, though, which is surprising given the goblins' greedy nature. Much like the boats, zeppelins are faction-neutral, but perhaps more difficult to use for the Alliance.

Portals
    Portals are magical constructs that allow travel from one location to another.

Mage Portals: They may cost you -- either because the mage is charging a fee or you’re generously leaving a tip. These portals are created by a mage and allow party members to travel through them. When traveling alone, mages can teleport themselves without opening a portal.

NPC Portals: NPCs can sometimes help you get where you need to go, though their transportation methods are generally attached to a quest or progression path.

Static Portals: Many portals offer travel to a fixed destination. These can be found in a variety of locations.

Orgrimmar
    • The Western Earthshrine - Offers portals to Hyjal, Vashj’ir, Deepholm, Uldum, and Twilight Highlands after you've completed the quests that guide you to these new Cataclysm zones.
    • Tol Barad - Found near the Western Earthshrine, you must be level 85 to enter this world PvP zone.
    • Blasted Lands - Found in the Valley of Spirits, you must be level 58 to use this portal. It delivers you safely to an outpost just outside The Dark Portal.

Stormwind
    • Blasted Lands - Found in the Wizard’s Sanctum, you must be level 58 to use this portal. It delivers you safely to an outpost just outside The Dark Portal.
    • The Eastern Earthshrine - Offers portals to Hyjal, Vashj’ir, Deepholm, Uldum, and Twilight Highlands after you've completed the quests that guide you to these new Cataclysm zones.
    • Tol Barad- Found near the Eastern Earthshrine, you must be level 85 to enter this world PvP zone.

Outland Portals
    • The Stair of Destiny: Offers portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind on either side of the Dark Portal.

Neutral Portals
    • Shattrath: Within the Terrace of Light, a portal transports those of the appropriate level to the Isle of Quel'Danas.
    • Dalaran: Within the Violet Citadel, a portal is available for travelers heading to the Caverns of Time to defend Azeroth’s timeline from the machinations of the Infinite Dragonflight.
    • Within the Sunreaver’s Sanctuary (Horde) and the Silver Enclave (Alliance), portals are available for Wintergrasp, Strand of the Ancients, Warsong Gulch, Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm, and Isle of Conquest. (Note that queuing for Battlegrounds can be done anywhere from within the User Interface.)

Summoning
    When there’s no portal available, you can ask your friends for a helping hand. Players can be summoned by using a meeting stone outside of a dungeon (level requirements need to be met) or by utilizing the services of a warlock.

Special
    Many additional means of transportation around the world become accessible via quests, special items, or NPCs, but there are two specialized methods that we just couldn’t leave out.

• Rocketway Exchange: The goblins have arrived, and with them, a little extra goblin ingenuity. You can find the largest of these Rocketways in Azshara.
    • Deeprun Tram: Running between Ironforge and Stormwind, players can take this underground train for free and easy transit between the two cities.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-12-31 at 10:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? You couldn't just post a link to his guide? My phone almost exploded, had to use the Desktop.

I though Boub didn't like lengthy front page posts.

Should post links to all the winners instead of this extremely long post.

Deleted
    Gratz to the winer, however I think that its a bit too huge for the front page.

Deleted
    Grats to the winners.

The Plants vs. Zombies guide is good, but... well, too extensive. There are way more pictures than needed. It's not fun to be using such an massive guide on something so simple.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to winners, looking good, i have to read whole thing now.. ^^

Or I could buy you a new phone!

Massive post is massive. Albeit helpful, incredibly lengthy. I agree with Punks idea, just put a link.
    And as Horde I still don't know how to get into the back of SW. Used to be the boat from Auberdine, now I have no idea. : /

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good work winners! Sadly mine didnt win but when i saw the first guide my eyes just went 0_0... thats huge

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill take that phone!

But you really should put on nice little links.

Fine, stop hating.

Gz to winners, but this guide is useless to 99% of the people alrdy done it :/ .
    An awesom minigame for the lvl-ing players for max. 30mins then nobody goes back there :/ .

Many people at sad because they didn't win, suck the tears up and get on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkcow View Post
    seems like your good old GM wanted to dip his sausage in the buttercup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewenastra View Post
    balance problems goes back to pacman

cmon, one pac man 4 ghosts? he had to take drugs to beat them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varbaro View Post
    Gz to winners, but this guide is useless to 99% of the people alrdy done it :/ .
    An awesom minigame for the lvl-ing players for max. 30mins then nobody goes back there :/ .
    Really? 99% already did it? I doubt it... At least it was useful to me, seeing I didn't do it yet.

Deleted
    Gz to the winners!

Grats to the winners!!

Thought the peacebloom vs. ghouls guide was pretty interesting.. never heard of that quest until i read it!
    does anyone else notice the crazy amount of xp for the quests thou ?? i mean they are lvl 20 quests, or am i missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Grats to the winners!!

Thought the peacebloom vs. ghouls guide was pretty interesting.. never heard of that quest until i read it!
    does anyone else notice the crazy amount of xp for the quests thou ?? i mean they are lvl 20 quests, or am i missing something ?
    They're quests that scale to your level in regards to experience. Only the end rewards (minus the sunflower!) are for people who would be questing through Hillsbrad.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    The plant vs ghoul quest xp scale with lvl. Nice guide. Didnt do the quests yet but i will do them today while alt tabbing to the guide

At last phase against Warden better to releaze a Fertilize-o-Tron 200005 that kill instant the warden, save you 30mins of boringness.
    Mission completed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    They're quests that scale to your level in regards to experience. Only the end rewards (minus the sunflower!) are for people who would be questing through Hillsbrad.
    ah ic lol. thanks

The travel guide is excellent too, except for one thing. The Orgrimarr portal to the Blasted lands is now in the Cleft of Shadow as of the shattering.
    They also missed out the fact that there's a blasted lands portal in every major city next to the mage/portal trainers, and that mages can portal to one minor town per faction, either Theramore (Alliance) or Stonard (Horde).