Long time guild woes.

So with the new expansion out my usual delema arises again, ever since i started raiding back in early BC ive been primarily in one guild, a very friendly nice ally side guild with people i genuinely get along with they raid yes but they always take forever to get started and never push enough content to really make raiding super fun for me. on several occasions Ive either gotten sick of getting nowhere or had work related issues prevent me raiding with them and ive gone off to try more serious raiding guilds (often horde) normally its great and i push content and fit very well into said new guilds but after clearing content and settling into a new guild i always miss my old guildies and end up going back sooner or later. i kinda feel bad about this because ive gone back and forth a bunch of times now and im really starting to feel like a total guild whore Ive tried pushing the raids in my guild further but it never happens, people just aren't committed enough to it. ive tryed just settling for less and just getting over it but missing out on all the content i really want to try and all the rewards i could easily get were i in a better guild constantly grind at me and make me want to leave this is quickly turning into a wall-o-txt so ill cut it off there i think it gets the point across lol.

My question is has anyone else been in this position before? or have any advice theyd like to share ty for readn <3

Weeelll I was in one guild for 12 months or so w/o raiding got offered a place in a 25 man team with another guild and they took me, bout 4 months with them then they migrated servers and I couldnt afford to go, joined another guild that was higher than them, stayed there for bout 5 months then had to go offline for a few weeks and came back online and had the boot :S now im heading back to the first guild and im going to settle for being social with them maybe a ocasional 10 man raid, but yea soon as I left the first guild I did miss most people and each time I had to change guilds they tried to get me back in
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    i get exactly how u feel, i settled for less sometimes it gets to me and then i keep browsing guild recruitment sites but it end just on this usually. sadly i dont have any miraculous solution, if u cant settle for less just keep trying to find a guild that combines both great progress and social side, there will be one out there that ll fit

Yeahhh i guess and sometimes its fine when were pushing progression but we always hit and wall, like in wrath. my "main" never got his ICC drake lol or downed H LK even on 10 man with a 30% buff which made it a complete joke we still couldn't manage it, i rolled a pally on my friends server out of boredom and got 11/12H icc down within 2 weeks of being 80, and if i had joined could have easily done H LK too but decided against it in the end. its times like this right at the start of an expansion or right at the end it gets really bad, if i was to take my main right now and try get into a serious raiding guild less gear isn't going to be a factor like it is later on it gets awfully tempting D:

right now. I am top geared and ready to go head to head with everything Blizzard can throw at me....except for 2/4 of my guild. I really am getting tired of the slacking in here. everyone who joined got a warning that they needed to be raid ready within 2 weeks of cata's release. we are almost 4 weeks later now and we haven't killed a single boss. Halfus was on 40% ye, but not any lower. So, I completely know your feelings OP. good Luck :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lichiz View Post
    right now. I am top geared and ready to go head to head with everything Blizzard can throw at me....except for 2/4 of my guild. I really am getting tired of the slacking in here. everyone who joined got a warning that they needed to be raid ready within 2 weeks of cata's release. we are almost 4 weeks later now and we haven't killed a single boss. Halfus was on 40% ye, but not any lower. So, I completely know your feelings OP. good Luck :S
    Yeah it was a similar deal here, we had a plan to push a more hardcore 10 man team into raids in early cata and everyone was psyched for it then once cata dropped we had 5 people raid ready within a week and the rest of the guild is dragging ass i see guilds poping up left and right downing bosses and seeing content i feel sooooo ready for, and if i thought it was just going to be a slow start id probli be fine, but i know staying here that i wont get to see the content as it was meant to be seen (EG Sinestra in appropriate lv gear)

Deleted
    I solved the problem by leaving an alt in the guild i love and moved my main to an IRL friends guild, every now and then i pop in my old guild and say hi. Best solution imo.

That's pretty much just the way it works if you want to seriously push into raids. You have to move a lot and trade up to newer and better guilds to find people around your level of skill and motivation. Even super top ranked guilds have lots of turnover besides officers and some core raiders.