Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    look in the mirror
    realize you've wasted countless hours and days on archeology
    month goes by
    your not-looted epic isnt so epic

(sigh)
    ya...thats what i did. except i didnt even get one epic.
    o0o0. i got 2 pets, a poorly designed mount, and a green flashlight.
    AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK give me the sword !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am farming archeology each day from 2 weeks. And since i had week off at work from last friday im doing 5h+ a day on maxed skill. Today is 14th day of flying around for sword. That is around 60 hours of flying for sword !!!!! I got fuck loads solved.

Best thing is my room mate started to do it for nelf healing trinkiet and he got it 3 days ago afther around 5000 fragments + 100 scrools

I got 2h epox mace from magmaw or what 2 hell hes name is. We got 4 bosses on farm wo problems.
    SO HOW raiding epox is harder to get than this sword ???

Forgot to add:
    I cant stop farming this ......cos it should drop by now and each next troll item can be it !!!!!!!!!!! I get up 8am morning do daily quests +random and im farming all day long EACH DAY. HELP ME BLIZZARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2011-01-01 at 09:24 PM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    OK give me the sword !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am farming archeology each day from 2 weeks. And since i had week off at work from last friday im doing 5h+ a day on maxed skill. Today is 14th day of flying around for sword. That is around 60 hours of flying for sword !!!!! I got fuck loads solved.

Best thing is my room mate started to do it for nelf healing trinkiet and he got it 3 days ago afther around 5000 fragments + 100 scrools

I got 2h epox mace from magmaw or what 2 hell hes name is. We got 4 bosses on farm wo problems.
    As soon as you can solo those four bosses naked by right clicking on them a couple of times, then raiding will be easier to get epics from than Archaeology.

Until then, you will have to be satisfied with the fact that you are not guaranteed to get raid quality gear just because you want it and can click the Archaeology icon.

It's a secondary profession that gives you raiding quality epics. Complaining you don't get them easily enough is like complaining that I can't get full tier 11 by fishing.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-01-01 at 09:29 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I got Zinrokh after 21 troll solves, i didnt even try to get it, i just went to Eastern Kingdom to get 1 more rare for Associate Professor title and BAM there it was, sad thing is i dont even have ret spec :F
    History of Illumination

Patch 4.1.0 (2010-10-XX): This talent is gone...
    Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
    Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This talent now only gives 60% of the mana cost of the critical heal.
    Prior to Patch 2.1.0, Illumination granted a 100% mana gain after a related crit

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrakar View Post
    This is the way it should be tbh. If Epics are easily accesible, they're not "Epic" anymore.
    Epic is still the second most rare/best item quality in-game. Yet people don't seem to know that sometimes.
    So "epic" means "there is a small chance doing tedious things for days to get something better"?

Epic has nothing to do with drop chance. That's a shitty excuse for an actual system for getting good loot. Your rewards should match the effort you put into something, not the hours you waste doing the same boring shit over and over again. That isn't epic - it's monotony.

To be honest, the epic artifacts (and the superior ones too, actually) should have been some sort of meta-artifact, where you could discover the various pieces of them, each as artifacts themselves, and then assemble the whole item. Like, you could find Zin'rokh's hilt, then maybe a "first blade fragment" and "second blade fragment", and then put the sword together. Blizzard could have made some special instanced mini-dungeons for archeologists to discover the entrances to and go through some more difficult trials and puzzles to get the better items. Making the entire system one big glorified roll of the dice is stupid.

"Just give it a really fucking low chance to be found" does not equal "epic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Think thats my problem, im still using one of those apple mac one buttoners.. :<
    Lol. wow....

Oh gawd... wrath has gotten to your head... SNAP OUT OF IT!! This is cataclysm! No more free epics!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    look in the mirror
    realize you've wasted countless hours and days on archeology
    month goes by
    your not-looted epic isnt so epic

(sigh)
    What are you talking about ?!? Every bg I get in has a zin'rokh faceroller on either side. Now consider how many ppl actually bothered to level arch to max as it's considered a pretty boring proff and most ppl give up along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote : Until then, you will have to be satisfied with the fact that you are not guaranteed to get raid quality gear just because you want it and can click the Archaeology icon.

Big fucking satisfaction !!!!
    So explain to me why someone gets those items in 470 skill. And other ppl spend DAYS and 200+ items solved and no item they wanted ??
    And how do i know that i will get it in next 1 or 40 hours ?? by end of reset we should kill another 2 bosses to. So more epax from raiding but i want this sword ...

Back to flying...........
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2011-01-01 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

Forgot to add:
    I cant stop farming this ......cos it should drop by now and each next troll item can be it !!!!!!!!!!! I get up 8am morning do daily quests +random and im farming all day long EACH DAY. HELP ME BLIZZARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either a troll, or Cata still didn't get rid of enough wotlk tots.

---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    So "epic" means "there is a small chance doing tedious things for days to get something better"?

Epic has nothing to do with drop chance. That's a shitty excuse for an actual system for getting good loot. Your rewards should match the effort you put into something, not the hours you waste doing the same boring shit over and over again. That isn't epic - it's monotony.

To be honest, the epic artifacts (and the superior ones too, actually) should have been some sort of meta-artifact, where you could discover the various pieces of them, each as artifacts themselves, and then assemble the whole item. Like, you could find Zin'rokh's hilt, then maybe a "first blade fragment" and "second blade fragment", and then put the sword together. Blizzard could have made some special instanced mini-dungeons for archeologists to discover the entrances to and go through some more difficult trials and puzzles to get the better items. Making the entire system one big glorified roll of the dice is stupid.

"Just give it a really fucking low chance to be found" does not equal "epic"

You're doing that really common forum thing where people assert opinions as fact. In WoW, purple = epic, and Blizzard chose to drop an epic into the palms of lucky people doing a very very simple task.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    As soon as you can solo those four bosses naked by right clicking on them a couple of times, then raiding will be easier to get epics from than Archaeology.

Until then, you will have to be satisfied with the fact that you are not guaranteed to get raid quality gear just because you want it and can click the Archaeology icon.

It's a secondary profession that gives you raiding quality epics. Complaining you don't get them easily enough is like complaining that I can't get full tier 11 by fishing.
    So basicaly your argument is, that because I can farm Ores naked I shouldnt be able as Blacksmith to craft Epic gear? Ore even easier, getting epics as Tailor... You realise that your argument is ridiculous? No, actually, filled with hate as you are, you dont...

10+ Year Old Account
    i gave up on the sword, i just want my damn Professor title
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaskinos View Post
    So basicaly your argument is, that because I can farm Ores naked I shouldnt be able as Blacksmith to craft Epic gear? Ore even easier, getting epics as Tailor... You realise that your argument is ridiculous? No, actually, filled with hate as you are, you dont...
    Actually, you're the retarded one. These epic blacksmithing recipes require Chaos Orbs which require the cooperation of 4 other people within a heroic dungeon run.

Archaeology is a solo activity.

For all the people crying about "being due" a Zin'rokh, or for those saying that Archaeology is bugged because they get everything but what they need: learn statistics!

If you are explicitly trying to obtain one item, the chances of you getting that item (before the actually chance of that certain proc even happening) are 1/26, or 3.85%. But this is not accurate, as the chances are subdivided into each specific race. So for all of you saying that you got a caster weapon, or a One-handed melee weapon, and not your Zin'rokh or Staff: you are being intentionally deceptive; these weapons aren't even in the same racial tree for which the weapon you are seeking is in. It lends to further argument that you must also clear out digsites for the races for which you are not actively digging, just to obtain the weapon you are searching for. Does this mean Archaeology is bugged? No! That is the inherent design of the activity.

Furthermore, let us reexamine the chances of obtaining a Zin'rokh.

Assuming one has an infinite number of fragments, we can take the total number of troll artifacts as n. The chance for obtaining one of these items (Zin'rokh, for instance) would be:

(1/n) * x , where x is a fractional number representative of the unknown modifier for Zin'rokh to appear (if there even is one). This can be further simplified as:

x/n

Now, we can enumerate your 'bad luck' as the chance of you not getting Zin'rokh thus far. I have seen some people say they have made 200+ artifacts, so I will use this number as a baseline (p=200).

1 - (x/n)^p

Let us assume, for argument's sake, that there is no additional modifier on Zin'rokh proccing, that it's chance is, indeed, 1/n.

E = 1 - (1/15)^200

This number is practically 1, meaning that there must be some modifier on Zin'rokh's chance to proc.

What is this number? I have no idea. But it does not mean that the game is bugged, as we have seen people obtain the sword already. You must realize, however, that you are not 'owed' anything, and that, even after making 200 fragments, you are not 'guaranteed' a proc.

NOTE: I have not taken statistics in a while, so I may have messed a number up somewhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

340 troll solves between my DK and my Warlock. No sword. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a welfare epic. That is DAYS worth of grinding. So stop saying that after 250-300 solves it's rate been increased is welfare epics. It's not.

This proc chance on the sword needs to be reconsidered. It is beyond reason for it to be as rare as it is. "Free" epics are everywhere, i've crafted enough epic chests to know that. Plus, the four or five BOE epics i've came across show that epics still are "meh" and unimpressive. Speaking in ALL reason, give this one to us blizz. DPS plate users get only three epics for there crafts/rep. Other spec's get as high as six.

That's really just trash. This Sword is going to useless in a few months anyways, why not just make it TWICE as likely to show, it'll still be rare as hell, just people wouldnt rage quit after 3 weeks and stop playing.

Deleted
    tbh getting zin rokh is easy go back to vanilla and then talk about grinding for a epic because then it MENT epic

lol, people gotta open their eyes and look, your not the only one who did 200 plus solve and didn't get the sword. quit crying and more farming.

Deleted
    The pointless grind just gets worse and worse with every expansion. Imagine what an employee would say if his boss told him he had to work for months to *maybe* get a normal wage. Or what a tourist would say if his guide told him he *may* take him to see the sights tomorrow... or in 3 months.

Did my daily random today. There was a retadin in mostly 339 crafted plate, some wrath epics (232s), straight haste gems across the board, and zin'rokh doing 5k. I facedesked so hard I may have a concussion.

Deleted
    To cheer you guys up, I'll just remind you this thing still has low res vanilla textures on it which looks really off when put witin the current environment and gear. (This is also very sloppy on blizz part tbh)

115 solves atm no sword, now leveling arch on my 85 for better luck (rogue, so might get it as he cant use it :P)

warrior i leveled from arch 70-80 in a week or so, if my rogue wont get zin'rokh when he hits 450 and solves all frags i'll level arch on my 80 mage and do the same thing.. probably around 200 solves then

and the dwarf staff i got with 55 solves on warrior

i dont like rng