10+ Year Old Account

What's the most important thing in a Boss encounter?

What do you think is the most important thing in a boss encounter?
    For me it has to be the mechanics of the battle.
    Preferably fun mechanics like Malygos stage 2 where you ride disks to kill the mages in the air. Or even the lootship battle even though it was easy, it was fun rocketing to the other ship killing the mage, rocketing back and using the cannons.
    And Gutblock in DM for cata. Even though I wiped on it millions of times his 2nd stage is still fun, having to avoid the firewall and still DPS him.

the "fire-hurricanes" in OS. not a boss mechanic really, but I still find it fun and I see they are other places in the world aswell, like in westfall.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the most important part of a Boss encounter, in terms of success, is having each and every member of the raid understandfully, the fight mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    To me, the most important part of a Boss encounter, in terms of success, is having each and every member of the raid understandfully, the fight mechanics.
    I dont think you quite understood what he asked..

What I find quite important is the mechanics, I like it to be hard but not bloody annoying.. I can't give an example, but there are some bosses I just simply hate because the mechanics annoy the hell out of me.

I also like it if a boss looks awesome (e.g. ragnaros).
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Actually there are three important things you need to do in a boss encounter - Pop a flask, Eat your food, And buff !