Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do guilds advertise for 25 mans but are doing 10 mans?

I see this a lot on my server (Boulderfist US). Guilds actively recruiting right now claiming things like 8/12 but failing to mention that they only got 10 people to do it instead of 25 people. My guild is 4/12 in 25 mans and have only done one additional boss on 10 man (Conclave of Wind) plus Baradin Hold, but we don't advertise recruitment stating our 10 man progression, just 25 man. We are a bit behind when it comes to clearing content but most guilds are doing it on 10 man which to us doesn't mean as much as doing it on 25 man. Yet other guilds try and make it sound like they have done 8/12 on 25 man in their recruitment posts when in fact they haven't. Why is there a need to lie to other players about raid progression when they clearly don't have it on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I see this a lot on my server (Boulderfist US). Guilds actively recruiting right now claiming things like 8/12 but failing to mention that they only got 10 people to do it instead of 25 people. My guild is 4/12 in 25 mans and have only done one additional boss on 10 man (Conclave of Wind) plus Baradin Hold, but we don't advertise recruitment stating our 10 man progression, just 25 man. We are a bit behind when it comes to clearing content but most guilds are doing it on 10 man which to us doesn't mean as much as doing it on 25 man. Yet other guilds try and make it sound like they have done 8/12 on 25 man in their recruitment posts when in fact they haven't. Why is there a need to lie to other players about raid progression when they clearly don't have it on 25 man.
    So, you're saying that you are a better guild doing 25mans instead of 10mans?

Deleted
    They lie for more players to join as everyone wants to join the best raiding guild out there and even if they are lying people will join them to make a better raiding team. I see it as well but a few guilds including ours says the honest truth and people still join but more join those that 'claim' they are better so that those players can get boosted and so that the guild hits the exp cap every day.

Last time I checked 10 and 25 are supposedly the same now. If they've killed a boss they've killed a boss. When they recruit for 25, that is because that is their focus, but it doesn't mean they won't use 10s to further progress past whatever nights they can get 25 people together.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Last time I checked 10 and 25 are supposedly the same now. If they've killed a boss they've killed a boss. When they recruit for 25, that is because that is their focus, but it doesn't mean they won't use 10s to further progress past whatever nights they can get 25 people together.
    No, getting 10 people to not stand in fire is far easier then getting 25 people to not stand in fire, it's that simple. 10 man encounters are far easier to coordinate then 25 man encounters, anyone who thinks otherwise has clearly never done 25 man raids. And odds are anyone claiming their guild has done 11/12 bosses or whatever only on 10 man, either don't have the numbers or the players with the skills to do 25 man raids and coordinate them as quickly. The mechanics are the same with less damage in 10 man but otherwise getting 25 people to do the same mechanics increases your chances of deaths and wipes.

25m atm is way. way. way easier than 10 man.
    Im talking about the healing/dps per person needs.
    Obviously getting 24 instead of 9 people that can actually play well is harder,
    But overall 25m is easier.

People may disagree but then they obviously havent done both versions.
    face it, its actually more of a challange to do it 10 man. Atleast gear check wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Last time I checked 10 and 25 are supposedly the same now.
    They're supposed to be the same, but they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    They're supposed to be the same, but they're not.
    No, 25 is easier per skill each person needs.

Each person can do less damage and healing in 25s, the only harder part is getting the 25 people of the correct specs.

yeah if you can kill a boss in 10 you can in 25 since its alot easier

Chimaeron is FAR easier on 25 man

Because it's easier to do 10 mans first while building up a player and gear base to do 25 mans? That's like asking "Why doesn't a new business open with 1000 employees and 50 locations?" It takes time to gather the correct people and resources. They'll get there, just give them time!