Question Pyrium weapon chain?

I'm pretty sure my logic is flawed somewhere and this is just to get the constructive criticism and have someone answer this question.

I have a simple question, I feel like I'm lacking knowledge in this small area of a Rogue.

I see plenty of Rogues that are high rated and even mediocre one's putting a weapon chain to reduce disarms. Guilty as charged I would do this too without really understanding the "why" do it behind it. It never made sense to me why this would go on your offhand weapon when a warriors disarm takes out your mainhand, a shadowpriest disarm takes off your mainhand, and a Rogue will make you drop both BUT key abilities for rogues require a mainhand not an offhand. I'm talking about kidney shot, rupture, etc.

I just see it like it should be on a mainhand to really get any benefit, what's the use of shortening your your offhand's disarm time if you don't use it for much. (that's an understatement, I understand your OH pulls damage as well, but special abilities wise. I can only think of Shiv at the moment)

The Weapon Chain effects all disarm effects, no matter the weapon it is on.
    [e] : Unsure if my wording is still a bit confusing, but if you put your Weapon Chain on your OH, your MH Weapon still gets the reduced disarm effect, as does your Ranged slot.

With that out of the way, Putting this on your OH and your Proc Enchant on your MH means your Proc Enchant has a higher chance to hit, meaning it procs more.
    Last edited by Autumn xD; 2010-12-31 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once upon a time (unless my memory is failing me) Weapon chains made you completely immune to disarm effects, and I believe it applied to both weapons in the case of dual-wielding classes. In this case, putting it on the OH made the absolute most sense, since it didn't related specifically to the weapon it was attached to. The current Pyrium weapon chain gives you both hit rating, and a 50% reduction to disarm effect durations. I do not see anything on the weapon chain description that suggests it only works for the weapon which it is attached to, but rather applies a global 50% duration reduction to any disarm effect applied by an enemy. So, you apply the chain to the OH, where the lack of an enchant is going to be less of a loss than it would be on the main hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played a dual-wield class regularly in some time, I just craft the things.

Having on you OH benifits all 3 weapons. You want it on you OH bc your MH has a better chance to hit, so you want a DPS increasing proc on your MH

rofl he beat me to it while I was typing
    Last edited by Disarmonia; 2010-12-31 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    The Weapon Chain effects all disarm effects, no matter the weapon it is on.

With that out of the way, Putting this on your OH and your Proc Enchant on your MH means your Proc Enchant has a higher chance to hit, meaning it procs more.
    Now it makes perfect sense, thank you.

Of course We'd benefit from a MH proc more than offhand.