Forced patch downloads, any suggestions?

Well, earlier today my AVG figured that my WOW launcher was a severe security threat and asked me if I would like to quarantine it. I allowed, like a fool (thinking it wouldn't destroy my launcher but just a small issue) and long story short I had to reinstall WOW. Before I did this I moved my patches, WTF folder, Cache, and interface to a seperate location. After I completed installing I moved the patches and so on back to the original wow folder but when i launch wow it still downloads patches (with an absolutely horrific internet connection).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to skip the downloads and use the patches i already suffered through once for a noob like me?

Well, prior to the streaming launcher patches were downloaded as executables. But now it doesn't seem to anymore (and that's at least 9 GB)

I wonder if the repair tool would have worked. But too late for that now. If your internet connection is extremely sucky, I would copy the World of Warcraft folder from a friend to an external hard drive or download it at work (if conditions permit).

I actually did try the repair tool and it ended with a message "the launcher could not be repaired, please reinstall wow" which led me to do that in the first place lol.
    I will probably end up copying that to an external like you said but can't help to think why would that work and my original folders not? meh

Probably the idiot AVG continues to see the launcher as a virus which caused the repair tool to fail. If it's a false positive, it's not gonna go away until AVG is patched or you turn it off/tell it that wow is safe.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You need to save your Data folder, as that is where all of the "patches" go now.