Frost DK DW dps problem help.

Im having this problem with my dk thats specced, geared, gemmed, and enchanted for frost dw. Now ive been reading on elitistjerks the ins and outs of this spec( Rotation/Priority, gear, little things) and im still not doing the dps that other dks are doing, They are usually pulling around 15k dps and im only pulling 10k-11k. Can someone shed some light onto why im so low on dps if i doing the things correctly? Im not able to post my armory up at this time but my character name is Blightbeard on the server mannoroth. Please Help me out.
    Thanks guys.

One thing i noticed is that you seem to have you're weapon enchants backwards, i cant really tell about dps unless i see your rotation

Well my rotation is Diseases > Ob if both Frost/Unholy pairs and/or both Death runes are up, or if KM is procced >
    BS if both Blood Runes are up > FS if RP capped > Rime > Ob > BS > FS

One thing that I've noticed off the bat is that your Mastery is REALLY low. Your gemming is also TOTALLY wrong. For blue sockets, you should be gemming 20 strength/20 hit [Etched Demonseye] and you're gemming 20 hit/20 haste and haste is useless, even lower than Crit. Your expertise is ASTRONOMICAL as you only need about 719 to be soft capped, and you're at 793. Reforge your any of your extra expertise to Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvorix View Post
    One thing i noticed is that you seem to have you're weapon enchants backwards, i cant really tell about dps unless i see your rotation
    Changing runeforges around won't get you 4k dps, probably closer to 10 dps swing :P Negligible dps difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Undress2kill View Post
    One thing that I've noticed off the bat is that your Mastery is REALLY low. Your gemming is also TOTALLY wrong. For blue sockets, you should be gemming 20 strength/20 hit [Etched Demonseye] and you're gemming 20 hit/20 haste and haste is useless, even lower than Crit. Your expertise is ASTRONOMICAL as you only need about 719 to be soft capped, and you're at 793. Reforge your any of your extra expertise to Mastery.
    780 Expertise to reach the 6.50% dodge reduction.

As far as the gems go, he has them like that to try to meet the meta requirement. At this point, it's probably just better to use the 54 Mastery meta gem, until the next patch when the 3% crit dmg gem changes back to the old requirements. Then just stuff +40 str in the slots, reforging back to 8% hit, and 6.5% expertise. Any items left, reforge the haste to Mastery, and then for whatever reason if any items are left, the Crit to Mastery. I've been at about 1800-2000 since I had my heroic gear, and now with raid gear it's back to about 1900, but with a lot more STR.

All of THAT won't net you 4k dps either, truthfully. Has to be something with the rotation. Frost procs require a lot of quick decision making as to which proc you use, what attack you use when you have procs, and when to hold onto them for the time being.

Deleted
    For blue sockets, you should be gemming 20 strength/20 hit [Etched Demonseye]
    This isn't entirely true, You shouldn't always gem that in a blue socket because once you get past the 8% hit cap it's pretty much a wasted gem slot that you would probably do more good as 40 strength.

Make sure you have the right enchants on your weapons, the dk ones are still the best for them.

Also Make sure you cap expertise (26/26) otherwise you're dps will be gimped completely.

One last note, its not really worth gemming anything towards a meta gem. Until they are changed back its not worth it and will just be burning a hole into your pocket when you spend anywhere up to 1k for it

It looks like, at least in this first tier of the xpac, that socket bonuses aren't worth it. Gem str in every slot, with the exception of meeting your meta req, unless the socket bonus is really good, 20 str or more imo. You should be using a Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond, or Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond as your meta until the req on the Chaotic gets fixed

Getting the str head and shoulder enchants should be your next priority as far as reps go.

Unless the armory is bugged you don't have any professions, so you should work on that. It's not cheap, but it does help. Leatherworking is the best prof, so if you can only afford to work on one right now, focus on that. It's a lot easier if you have a toon or a friend that has 500+ skinning.

Remember when reforging you want to reforge out of your worst stats, excess hit, excess expertise, and haste in that order, then move on to crit then mastery, but only if absolutely necessary. Reforging out of crit on an item that has haste on it seems like a waste.

Hope I helped some

fangless pretty much said what I was gonna say. You want to use all +40 str gems unless the socket bonus is +20 or +30 str for one/two non-red sockets. Use fleet meta (54 mastery/run speed) as the requirement for chaotic is quite ridiculous right now. 780 expertise rating for cap. And likely you need to hammer out the priority a bit more.
    Last edited by Nexic; 2011-01-02 at 01:57 AM.

Alright guys, Thanks soo much, I've reforged to proper stats and sat on a target dummy for 2 and a half hours working on rotation/priority. I'm happy to say I'm up to 15k, Thanks alot for your advice, but for other players with this same problem keep posting different strats to do more dps incase they are having the same problem, because hell, This almost made me level up my lock and dps on him before i got the required help. Thanks again