Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezrow View Post
    I thought warlocks had a think where lifetap does something cool with converting spirit to spell power or something. i may be wrong because i dont play a warlock but yea.
    Spirit was very good for locks until 4.0.1. Properly set up, 1spi was equivalent to 0.6 sp. Other classes had similar advantages, like balance druids, or mages (spi to crit).
    As of 4.0.3, spirit is useless for locks.

I feel your pain OP, and to all those loling and saying spir is good for mages and locks, well you've been blasted enough so I won't add to that. I will say however in several pugs I've done with my mage, if a piece of gear with spirit on it drops, I wait to see if the healer needs on it, then I will graciously pass because I know my class and know they need it more than I do. Now, if they don't need on it, and I know it's an upgrade for me (say from a lesser piece of gear I got that also had spirit on it), then I will need on it. Simple.
    What pisses me off atm is the fact that hunters seem to be able to Need on Str gear, which I've had one do just the other day simply because he was an arrogant prick Enchanter and only wanted it to shard. The warr tank needed on it for OS since no one else could use it, but lost the roll to the huntard. Seriously, shyte like that is what really pisses me off about these pugs. I wish Blizzard would impose more stringent restrictions on what specs can Need on gear. I really don't like the thought of a resto druid winning a Str ring from my warrior "for the lulz" :/
    And yes I do plan on doing as many guild runs as I can, but there will be times that I will be pugging since no one else is on, inbeforethat.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

I thought warlocks had a think where lifetap does something cool with converting spirit to spell power or something. i may be wrong because i dont play a warlock but yea.
    They did in WotLK. Understandable that you don't know it's been changed in Cata, but not so much when those who play locks never read the patch notes...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is 100% acceptable for a boomkin, ele shaman, or shadow priest to roll on a piece with spirit.

We have talents that convert spirit to hit at a 1:1 rate.

Mages and warlocks, however, do not need spirit like we do. I'd get pissed if one of them rolled on the spirit gear over a healer. Sure, spirit does some cool things for you like give you crit or whatever, but that spirit is roughly 3856x more valuable for healers and boomkins, ele shamans, and shadow priests. If you win a roll on spirit gear over one of them, expect rightly deserved rage.

Spirit trinkets I will say no DPS should roll on, I cant find a single one with a non healer proc/equpi/effect.

Rings,necks,cloaks (off-pieces) are debatable at best. It depends a lot on other gear. I have several pieces with stam/int then haste and mastery, which are ele's top stats after hit cap. I might be able to get a main armor set piece with the mentioned stats while i cant find the same off-piece (or at least get it to drop/not in heroic content). Thus i need to get off pieces with spirit to cover my hit i dont have on main armor.

Like many of said, in a guild group i personally would never roll against a healer for spirit gear short of BiS for me ( me having BiS means I'm helping the raid just as well as a healer with more regen, aka by shortening the fight). But in random pugs, if it is an upgrade via directly or allowing me to switch other pieces i will roll on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    That was removed in 4.0.1

Mages and Warlocks should be ashamed if they roll on spirit gear. If it is indeed a 'temporary' minor upgrade to what you have by reforging the spirit, then at least wait for the people that get 100% usefulness from it to pass. Specs that benefit from spirit, all healing specs, Boomkin, Ele shaman, Shadow priest. No one else should be rolling need - especially as you can easily get full 346 from JP & Revered with factions with the correct stats.

If you roll need on spi gear as a lock or mage then you are only going to break the group as arguments follow and then what did you achieve? nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    You, and all of the other healers out there, need to wake up and realize this is Cataclysm now. All spell casters ( INCLUDING HEALERS ) need spirit, most BiS pieces for spell casters have spirit on them.
    Yes, its cataclysm, I think we all know this, but why don't you pass the spirit gear, which gear in general you have basically double the chance of getting gear(spiritless or spirit) to a healer who's job to heal has been made on a higher par difficult than to DPS. Just sayin' help your healers out. When I run randoms on my shaman and spirit mail drops and theres a shaman healer in group that needs it, I pass.

as a holy priest, when i get into a completely random pug and there happens to be loot i need with spirit, and a mage or warlock in the group, i usually inspect them before we even pull the first mob to check if they are wearing gear covered in spirit or not. if they are, i play mind games and get them to leave. yea, im an ass, but if it saves me from having a total stranger take something i need just because they dont know their class, i will continue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    It is 100% acceptable for a boomkin, ele shaman, or shadow priest to roll on a piece with spirit.
    We have talents that convert spirit to hit at a 1:1 rate.
    I'd say 50%. It's acceptable for leather and mail as there's no pieces with intellect and hit. For cloth, it's a bit different as there's also lock/mage stuff. So i reckon it's more acceptable for sham and druids with an healing off spec.

Fingers, neck, back, there's plenty of dps gear.

Weapons and off hands present kinda the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Mages and warlocks, however, do not need spirit like we do. I'd get pissed if one of them rolled on the spirit gear over a healer. Sure, spirit does some cool things for you like give you crit or whatever, but that spirit is roughly 3856x more valuable for healers and boomkins, ele shamans, and shadow priests. If you win a roll on spirit gear over one of them, expect rightly deserved rage.
    That's 100% true. As a lock I don't roll need on spi gear. I wear spi gear on greed roll when healer doesn't roll need. And only when stats are way better than the one's of the stuff I currently wear.

Deleted
    Caster DPS doesnt benefit from spirit

Well, barely.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is one simple rule about upgrading your gear - if an item has a totally useless stat for you (any of your offspecs) then you should not roll need on it.

Warlocks and mages don't benefit from spirit so if they take spirit items before specs that benefit from it, they make this stat go to waste. Balance druids, Shadow priests and Elemental shamans benefit from spirit gear as much as healers tho.

At the same time healers don't benefit from hit gear however, they do benefit from gear with no spirit or no hit.

You need to remember that you can cathegorize gear on role basis but spec basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey u know what guys? my resto shaman needs +hit gear,
    WHAT?! Telluric Currents are a lifesaver! >_>

iv lost alot of spirit items on my priest to other classes and it does infuriate me.... i lost the offhand in throne of tides to an elemental shaman, i lost the bracers in SFK keep to a mage the boots in SFK to a mage, i lost the cloak in VP to a elemental shaman..... it does annoy me alot but i know spirit = hit now...

I believe spirit should be priority to healers FIRST if there are alternative pieces of gear with hit rating instead of spirit just like hit gear should be priority to DPS, because the only way to regen mana is through spirit. If you can get hit rating on a certain piece of gear (not through reforging or gems, has to have hit rating originally) then I think you dps should wait for those drops. This includes weapons, offhands, necklaces, rings, cloaks, and trinkets. Obviously this leave actual armor, in which case ele/resto shamans have to fight over gear and balance/resto druids fight over gear too. Shadow priests are an exception because cloth gear can come natively with hit, in which case cloth spirit gear should still be priority healers. If no healers need, then it goes to the shadow priest (even if there are locks/mages because rolling on spirit makes you bad). If the shadow priest doesnt need, then it's either DE to get mats for your weapon enchants, or if the mage/lock desperately needs the piece of gear, like upgrading from a 333 with no sockets, then i guess the mage/lock can take it.

I would pass on spirit gear unless no one else needed it - But I wouldn't expect a healer to roll on gear with + hit on it

I read somewhere that they wanted spirit to hit conversion to enable healers to go DPS. ok thats cool, but I can't heal for shit in my DPS gear cus its got no spirit? needs to go both ways or neither

Quote Originally Posted by Lao_tzu View Post
    I would pass on spirit gear unless no one else needed it - But I wouldn't expect a healer to roll on gear with + hit on it

I read somewhere that they wanted spirit to hit conversion to enable healers to go DPS. ok thats cool, but I can't heal for shit in my DPS gear cus its got no spirit? needs to go both ways or neither
    If it went both ways, then there would be no point to having either spirit or hit. there would be only spirit or only hit.

Deleted
    Mages and Warlocks DON'T need any Spirit since the prepatch. They should leave the spirit gear to the healers.
    Even though it's an upgrade for you, once again, leave it for the healer, unless he doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by levandor View Post
    Well a lot of Warlocks/Mages are Enchanters too, main reason i have seen so far to NEED every Cloth Item arround, i rarely see people needing on it because they need it (1 out of 10 times so far, the other 9 were Need Because "i haz enchanting and i dont want you to get Shardz LOLOL!!!" )

and no, does not make it right and is usually followed by /kick /ignore from the group, enjoy your shard, we enjoy our done daily
    ok wth r u on about seriously??? i never mentioned DEing cloths into shards lol.... some l2read issue there bro

Man..some healers are amazingly greedy.

Some spirit items are bis for druids right now, due to the horrible itemization- namely 1handed. Take a quick look at the 1handers open to druids. Zero have hit. Considering weapons and trinkets are the largest source of hit..most of them go with spirit.

Some BiS gear right now is spirit gear for hybrid dps. Warlocks needed spirit pre-4.0.0 and now boomkin/ele/sp need it. Your group can't work without all of you, so theirs no reason throwing the "Without a healer you'd all die!" because without all 3 dps, their are tons of fights, hell even trash, that would wipe you.

You healers aren't gods, you ran the dungeon just line all of us. Get over yourselves and just hit the need with us hybrid dpsers.

{Edit: to clarify, I'm aware mages and locks don't need spirit anymore- it doesn't help them in anything but out of combat mana regen.}