10+ Year Old Account

Tricksy Crocolisk!

Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-01-27 at 01:28 AM.

as said be4... paralysis is a physical debuff... so it can be dodged/parried/missed as a physical hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    looks like a spell to me
    "Looks like" isn't the same as "is". Paralysis is physical, so will be subject to any dodges, misses etc:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87195

It's physical, see Paralysis on Wowhead:

Quote Originally Posted by Wowhead
    School: Physical

there's a good reason over this...
    u can't dispel a physical debuff.
    so you should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuya View Post
    there's a good reason over this...
    u can't dispel a physical debuff.
    so you should be happy.
    Will be, when it gets into the "can't be dodged/parried" category.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter shots are physical too and they can't be dodged or parried so it's a pretty null argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Hunter shots are physical too and they can't be dodged or parried so it's a pretty null argument.
    So is Judgement.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    And thunder clap! Anyway, my point was that there are plenty of physical attacks that can't be dodged or parried because they are considered ranged attacks. Clearly the same should apply to paralysis (actually it should just auto-hit if the mind blast does)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    "looks like" implying I thought it was a spell. No need for your snotty comments.
    He wasn't being "snotty" at all. You were wrong, stop acting like it's a big deal.

I do agree that it's pretty BS that Paralysis is Physical. It gets dodged/blocked/parried more than you'd think. During my TB dailies, I get at least 5 parries/dodges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It's not really the dodge and parries of Paralysis that bothers me, and I am nowhere near seeing 5 of those when I do my TB dailies. What bothers me is that it isn't 90% MB crit on mobs after 3 Mind Spikes, felt more like 60 - 70%. I constantly see non-MB crits after 3 Mind Spikes.

I don't think Paralysis is even classed as a root, just a 100% slow, which means shaman can just ghost wolf through it.
    I treat forum trolls like the Black Knight in monty python. Idiots who don't know when to fall over and die. Despite me chopping up every bit of your terrible argument you still think you are right, but i get the satisfacion of kicking a limbless idiot where he deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    It's not really the dodge and parries of Paralysis that bothers me, and I am nowhere near seeing 5 of those when I do my TB dailies. What bothers me is that it isn't 90% MB crit on mobs after 3 Mind Spikes, felt more like 60 - 70%. I constantly see non-MB crits after 3 Mind Spikes.
    that's because u use mind blast be4 applying the last mind spike debuff... use the mb with like 0.5-0.7 secs delay, u'll crit the mb 100% of the times...

Same with Frozen targets.. u can have a target frozen, and u use a ice lance, or frostbolt. But since one is casted and the other is instant.. they go off at the same time, so the server doesn't realize the target is being hit with frostbolt, and the ice lance hits as if the target were frozen too.

this happen to all instant casts, even dots.

Six arms(?) (claw-paws?) is a lot of arms to disarm.

Yes, claw-paws, that fits nicely.

Don't take their claw-paws from them! Those silly Crocolisks don't even have weapons.

That made me laugh, too. And yeah, it does look like/seem like it should be more spelly.

Also, I got a kick out of the wahrage from all the replies abput the wording/meaning of 'looks like'. lols

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuya View Post
    that's because u use mind blast be4 applying the last mind spike debuff... use the mb with like 0.5-0.7 secs delay, u'll crit the mb 100% of the times...

Same with Frozen targets.. u can have a target frozen, and u use a ice lance, or frostbolt. But since one is casted and the other is instant.. they go off at the same time, so the server doesn't realize the target is being hit with frostbolt, and the ice lance hits as if the target were frozen too.

this happen to all instant casts, even dots.
    I see, so there's that tiny delay between when Mind Spike damage hits and the debuff application. Thanks for that, can't believe it didn't occur to me