10+ Year Old Account

Soloing old content now.

Basically, anyone tried soloing old content now that Cata has arrived?

Personally I've always loved to solo stuff, usually I did this on my Paladin. However, I wanted to try some on my rogue. I did MC and Kara today which was easy and fast, so I reckon I could move up to ZA and AQ40.

Anyone tried? Also, perhaps anyone got tips to the best spec. Currently I spec'd Combat, picking up pretty much everything that I could find useful. Then I went into Assassination to get Quickening for even higher Recuperate ticks. With my terrible gear, I got 5k per tick which is quite decent.

So! Anyone soloed any impressive stuff lately?
    Hi

Soloed MC and got my first Thunderfury Binding off of Baron Geddon. Two manned BWL with my Shadow Priest friend. I soloed Attunemen the Huntsman back at 80, along with all of ZG. I think I'm going to clear all the TBC Heroics and ZA next, I doubt I will have much of any problems. Once I start getting some heroic raid loot I think I will try doing H-UP for the Blue Protodrake.

New stuff I've been able to solo since I hit 85,

ZA
    SSC: Hydross, Leotheras
    TK: Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian
    Magtheridon
    Kazzak
    AQ40: Skeram, Sartura, Fanrksis, Huhuran

I'm Combat as well, standard PvE Combat 7/31/3 with 2/2 Quickening instead of 2/3 Ruthlessness, and picked up the survivability filler in the Combat tree, namely 2/2 Imp Recuperate and 2/2 Toughened Leather. Actually been doing some of these every week since they drop a decent amount of gold - 250g each for the SSC/TK bosses, and 500 off Magtheridon. MC and Kara also give a sizable amount of gold per full clear, plus I'm still looking for my right binding.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2011-01-01 at 07:01 AM.

I havent tried anything, but prob in a week I'll on my feral dps, I'm going to make him tank tho only for soloing stuff, going for heroic up for the mount too