10+ Year Old Account
    Out of nowhere, I'd say:

1. Soulburn + Soul Fire
    2. Bane of Agony
    3. Corruption
    4. Unstable Affliction
    5. Haunt
    6. Shadow Bolt

Then you keep Soul Fire debuff up and Haunt on cooldown. Keep all DoTs up at all time and fill with Shadow Bolt *over 25% or Drain Soul under 25%.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me I would know the exact too

Well if you look at EJ in the Simulationcraft stuff this is what they are using

actions+=/haunt
    actions+=/soulburn,if=buff.bloodlust.down
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.improved_soul_fire.cooldown_remains<(cast_time+travel_time)&buff.bloodlu st.down&!in_flight
    actions+=/bane_of_agony,if=target.time_to_die>=20&!ticking&miss_react
    actions+=/corruption,if=(!ticking|dot.corruption.remains<tick_time)&miss_react
    actions+=/unstable_affliction,if=(!ticking|dot.unstable_affliction.remains<(cast_time+tick_time))&ta rget.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/summon_infernal
    actions+=/drain_soul,interrupt=1,if=target.health_pct<=25
    actions+=/life_tap,mana_percentage<=35
    actions+=/demon_soul
    actions+=/shadow_bolt
    actions+=/life_tap

So I have been opening with haunt then soulburn soulfire if possible, soulfire otherwise, bane of agony, corruption, unstable affliction (usually by now haunt is wearing off so i refresh it sometimes even before putting UA up. You dont want any dots on without haunts effect and the haste only impacts haunts cast time I guess so makes sense you want maximimum hast being put on dot's. I am actually using Affliction Drain so I am not using shadowbolts unless I get a trance proc
    Last edited by Athelan; 2011-01-01 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    I would'vethought corr would've been the first spell on the list seeing as it's our most potent HoT. At the very least shouldn't it be cast before haunt for a couple of free ticks without costing another gcd?

How I do it:

Soulburn + Havest (right before pull out of combat to get shard back)

As running into position in priority:
    Soul Fire (soul burn should still be active pre-pull)
    Demon soul
    Corruption
    Bane of Agony
    Curse of Elements
    Fel Flame (if I'm still running)

When I stop:
    Haunt
    Unstable Affliction
    Shadow Bolt

Soul Fire >3s on buff

Sigh, it really doesn't matter that much since the stats, with haste as only exception, are recalculated on the fly. The only important thing is to start with soulfire. That's all.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Sigh, it really doesn't matter that much since the stats, with haste as only exception, are recalculated on the fly. The only important thing is to start with soulfire. That's all.
    This. If you have to move on the pull just get instants up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soul burn Soulfire? Yea rite..
    Thread title got the word opening, using a soulburn when you got all the time in the world to start a hardcast right before pull is the nonretarded way of starting the dps.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Thread title got the word opening, using a soulburn when you got all the time in the world to start a hardcast right before pull is the nonretarded way of starting the dps.
    For some it's easier to pre-burn/harvest before combat engages than to coordinate with the tank and their pre-pull antics and having 4/9/24 other people wait for one person for an insignificant increase to total damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    For some it's easier to pre-burn/harvest before combat engages than to coordinate with the tank and their pre-pull antics and having 4/9/24 other people wait for one person for an insignificant increase to total damage done.
    Yep just eaiser for me to do the work and just pop an instant SF as soon as I see the tank making his move, it's the same in the end, just if you want to do the extra 2 clicks or try and time the cast just right. Alot easier to time when it's an instant cast imo.

Deleted
    1) Haunt
    2) Soulburn and then instant Soul Fire
    3) Bane of Agony
    4) Corruption
    5) Unstable Affliction
    6) Drain Soul only if Boss < 25% health
    7) Shadow Bolt only if Boss > 25% health

Fel Armor is the self buff used
    Felhunter is your summoned pet

With some extensive searching on EJ I appear to have clarified what my friend was saying.
    Something like ISF > Corr > UA > BoA > Haunt > SB > priority.
    Apparently throwing up Haunt first is completely useless as you have no DoTs up yet so theres no gain of using Haunt first, I can't find much information on the OPENING ROTATION (not the priority list, not how you think it's best to keep Soul Fire up) currently.
    I guess I'll keep looking around since things seem to have changed since I last played Affliction.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What in this thread is sigh worthy, at all?

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bossen2750 View Post
    Off topic, but I thought I'd let you know that Affliction is currently using Succubus as of a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossen2750 View Post
    1) Haunt
    2) Soulburn and then instant Soul Fire
    3) Bane of Agony
    4) Corruption
    5) Unstable Affliction
    6) Drain Soul only if Boss < 25% health
    7) Shadow Bolt only if Boss > 25% health

Fel Armor is the self buff used
    Sucubbus is, glyphed.

So succubus equates to more damage with DS active than my Felhunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    For the smarter people under us it's retarded to hardcast it when you can simply soulburn and harverst right before the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    What in this thread is sigh worthy, at all?
    Well, let's see, just the fact that it's been asked many times before and the fact that this information is very easy to find if you wouldn't be too lazy to use the search function. Therefore, sigh.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-01-02 at 08:55 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Nightscreamer20 View Post
    So succubus equates to more damage with DS active than my Felhunter?
    While it's glyphed with Lash of Pain, yes