Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dwarf Rare staff and Troll Rare sword?

I have been after the staff for DAYS. I maxed my archeology 4 days ago and since then I have been farming Eastern Kingdoms at least 10 hours a day I'm thinking more. I have not gotten the staff and not even the sword. I have every dwarf rare, most likely every common. It's so frustrating. Does anybody know the drop rate of these rares?

They are a myth put into place to keep poor saps like us surveying for days on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working on both of them right now, I'll say something if/when I get one.

I really cant tell you the % rate, but I'm guessing others have a lower chance then the rest, that's obvious, As the trolls only rare is Zin'rokh ( As I recall ) RNG > Us. = /

Quote Originally Posted by Fengar View Post
    I'm working on both of them right now, I'll say something if/when I get one.
    Same here...about 10 troll completed post-cap. Can't wait to get my sword...

Yah but I have been at it for around 40 to 50 hours so. No joke, and no staff. I'm not going to stop because i have already spent 4 days of my life trying to get it but seriously the drop rate is so insane.. I'm going crazy. Someone entertain me!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried since the xpac came out i just recently gave up what a waste of time. I should have the sword next week from raid. IMO blizz should up the drop rate since yea waste of time is a huge under statement for something that is easily replaced. Good luck to everyone but yea huge waste of time with little to no rate of it dropping.

Over 80 hours. Not worth starting.

Also, read wowhead comments on Zin'rokh.

Deleted
    It is totally worth it don't listen to noobs, you just need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley Cyrus View Post
    It is totally worth it don't listen to noobs, you just need to be patient.
    Well I got 2 more weeks of winter break just wondering if I should actually spend those days doing archeology for something that will be replaced once I get some raiding gear.

Deleted
    After spending a good long while (didn't count the hours but it was long enough) surveying around EK, I've finally given up on Zin'rohk. I got the 2h Conquest sword, which is enough to start me off in raiding at least until I can get the mace from Magmaw.

Zin'rohk is a great sword, but unless you're very lucky I wouldn't count on it as your first step into raiding. You're best off farming mats etc.

Deleted
    Go for it .

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i looked the staff up on wowhead and the number of people who actually had it was insanely low. I did max arch, but i have no plans to work on it anymore except when i'm super bored.

Deleted
    Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I'm after the trinket of ne and the healer staff from tol'vir. What i do is queue bgs and do arch in the meantime, works quite well but i expect the search to last at least a month and if i find something better in the meantime i'll probably quit. In any case i suppose it's right not to give free epics with a secondary profession: if u want it u need LOADS of work. Fair enough. Good luck anyway (for both of us, we'll need it).

Deleted
    NOOO Don't go ;_;

I finally got the nelf trinkets a few days ago, but I'd been clearing their digsites constantly trying to spawn uldum digsites. Something close to 70 commons and all of the other rares before I got it.

Deleted
    Ok lolz insteresting.

Well haha I want to get it soo bad not just because it's an epic but because I could say that oh yea I spent a week farming digsites for this. Just discouraging after a few days. Am I doing this right by the way? I go around EK find a dwarf site get the fragments blah blah. Should I be saving them and make them all at once or just make the artifact right when I'm able to to? That's what I have been doing but I don't know what to do anymore haha my brains a big mush Ty to no sleep and no activity hahaah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh View Post
    I'm after the trinket of ne and the healer staff from tol'vir. What i do is queue bgs and do arch in the meantime, works quite well but i expect the search to last at least a month and if i find something better in the meantime i'll probably quit. In any case i suppose it's right not to give free epics with a secondary profession: if u want it u need LOADS of work. Fair enough. Good luck anyway (for both of us, we'll need it).
    I got both of these after about a week of farming, 86 NE and 7 Tol'vir artifacts.