Poll: What boss will be the last of Cataclysm?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I reckon Deathwing'll be the final big uberwombleomgbossofdoooooooom.

It's probably gonna go;
    - Kill Nefarion.
    - "Look, I know he's burning the world, but I need you to go back in time again!"
    - Old God, leading to Deathwing no longer being under his control,
    - Deathwing himself.

If it goes that way, Blizz set themselves up for another crap ending like LK ("Father! Is it... over?" "No my son, these same 25 people will be back next wednesday")

I'd imagine Deathwing goes "Wait, I did WHAT?! I'm a bad bad person, I deserve to die... but the will to live is too strong, I must wipe you for a month in heroic mode before I finally kick the bucket!"

Failing that, we're potentially looking at a "My raid instance was merely a setback, I'll see you in the emerald dream next expansion!" from said old god.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmilk View Post
    are you from blizzard?
    So you're insinuating Blizzard has been lying to us this entire time about their new MMORPG, currently codenamed Titan, having nothing to do what so ever with any of their current games and will be a brand new license and unless you work for Blizzard you don't know for sure?

Boy they sure tricked us.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    So you're insinuating Blizzard has been lying to us this entire time about their new MMORPG, currently codenamed Titan, having nothing to do what so ever with any of their current games and will be a brand new license and unless you work for Blizzard you don't know for sure?

Boy they sure tricked us.
    where do you read that? because the only official statement on Titan so far I've seen is:
    "It's our next gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting - getting some of the best talent in the industry on that." Frank Pearce
    http://z0r.de/1600 tnx Kragjin

C'thun is killable, Yogg-saron is defeatable fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmilk View Post
    where do you read that? because the only official statement on Titan so far I've seen is:
    "It's our next gen MMO and we've only started talking about it in a limited fashion because we want to leverage the fact that we're working on something like that for the purpose of recruiting - getting some of the best talent in the industry on that." Frank Pearce
    I'm too lazy to do a Google search for you but Mike Morhaime was the one who originally unofficially announced the new MMORPG during Blizzcon and during the same interview said that it was not a sequal to World of Warcraft and they're doing something "a little bit different".

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    I'm thinking the Deathwing raid will be the equivalent of Black Temple/Icecrown Citadel, and the Old God raid will be the Zul'Aman/Ruby Sanctum of Cataclysm.
    Believe that would be more like Sunwell/Ruby Sanctum

Zul aman would be more equivilant to like Obsedian Sanctum, with the easy normal mode and the rather difficult Hardmode

Anyone else think that deathwing could lead us into another expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    We defeated parts of them, but an old god is huge, each at least half a continent a piece, some may even be the size of half the world. When we fight yogg, we are fighting a small part of her, parts that may or may not be vital, but wont kill the old god. If we killed an old god, the effects would be catastrophic, and since we havent seen these effects, we have not killed any old gods. Temporarilly subdued at the very most.
    Interesting.

To contribute wiith this thread, well... no lol. In WotLK it was Sarth and in BC was KJ what leads me to the conclusion that they will do the same again

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated that they want more than one raid per tier. So I think that the last tier of cataclysm will include both Deathwing and N'zoth raids.
    Last edited by Cowsftl; 2011-01-05 at 10:58 AM.
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Interesting. To contribute wiith this thread, well... no lol. In WotLK it was Sarth and in BC was KJ what leads me to the conclusion that they will do the same.
    I assume you mean Halion, who wasn't the last boss of WotLK; he was the first boss of Cataclysm. His entire point was to lead into the Twilight Dragons in Cataclysm.

And Kil'jaedan was always intended to be the last boss of TBC.

Well, I think there will be an Algalon/Sinestra style encounter featuring an old god in the last raid of CATA sure, Deathwing will be the last boss on normal mode, but N'Zoth will be waiting there on heroic
    Last edited by agamedes; 2011-01-05 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typos

He will / wont be, He will be the final boss of the Xpack but blizzard always gives one extra boss before the next Xpack so it ties together.

could it be that Blizzard are going for a great story arc that spans across this expansion and into the next? BC ended and we pretty much dropped the Legion to run off to Northrend, same has happened now and no one really mentions scourge (for obviously reasons)

Could it be then that Blizzard are to do the Deathwing story, kill him off but have the greater threat lurking underneath? Deathwings final words uttering a deeper doom than anyone could have possibly imagined? Probably not as we known a lot about Old Gods, the Emerald Dream/Nightmare and other nasties as it is. Oh well, its worth hoping for.
    Where I come from, fag means cigarette.