Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healers rolling on Stam + Int Gear

I'm fully geared and done with heroics, they've got nothing for me now. But I was just wondering, because I saw this a lot. An item would drop that was strictly +Stam and +Int, no Spirit to be found. And the secondary stats were maybe Crit and Mastery (think Spirit Creeper Ring). And healers were rolling against me on them. I thought, "Don't they need Spirit? Especially in these mana-starved Cataclysm times we live in?" Please enlighten me, does it make sense for healers to be rolling on items with no spirit?
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-01-01 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typo

Haste is very bad for healers atm, so an item with Sta/Int + Crit/Mastery is better than an item with Sta/Int/Spi + Haste right now.

In the other cases of rolling - they're just selfish greedy people like most of WoW is nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionor View Post
    Haste is very bad for healers atm, so an item with Sta/Int + Crit/Mastery is better than an item with Sta/Int/Spi + Haste right now.
    Haste is the best stat(After int) for resto shamans. Crit and Mastery also improve our healing. And can be reforged into spirit partially when that is needed more. So if it is an upgrade "healing points" wise then yes they should be rolling on items with no spirit.

In the other cases of rolling - they're just selfish greedy people like most of WoW is nowadays.

Ehm... Holy Paladins can still use some Sta/Int/Crit/Haste pieces. The best thing you can get as a Holy Pala is still Sta/Int/Spirit/Haste, but anything without Mastery will do.

or maybe the healer got a green quest ring.

Most likely the guy was still stuck with a quest green, or he could of been just plain greedy.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm fully geared and done with heroics, they've got nothing for me now. But I was just wondering, because I saw this a lot. An item would drop that was stricly +Stam and +Int, no Spirit to be found. And the secondary stats were maybe Crit and Mastery (think Spirit Creeper Ring). And healers were rolling against me on them. I thought, "Don't they need Spirit? Especially in these mana-starved Cataclysm times we live in?" Please enlighten me, does it make sense for healers to be rolling on items with no spirit?
    1 word "reforging".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Haste is not bad for all healers. For Druid healers haste is alpha omega

Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.

Deleted
    OR maybe the guy feels he has enough regen and not enough throughput so he's trying to increase his throughput while decreasing his regen? Just because it doesn't have spirit doesn't mean its not a healer item.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 12:47 PM ----------

Haste is not useful in any way for any class at the moment, no matter what the guys above say to excuse themselves.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, it's a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.
    I don't know what you think you know, but haste IS one of the best stats of some healers, for example, Resto shaman, Paladin and afaik Holy priests value haste too. So stop talking through your rear end please.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with healers rolling non spirit items. As long as they benefit from all the stats present they have all the right. It all depends on what stats are most usefull for healers and spirit is not only good stat for healers.

Tbh, I kinda get sick of all those silly topics on forums where people try to make up some "rules" why someone should not roll on a particular item. Why on earth make all those stupid rules if there is one simple rule - as long as the item has stats that are usefull for your class (this means any of your specs) you can roll on the item.

Deleted
    Because this OP is upset that you stole his spirit gear!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...10#post9950410

10+ Year Old Account
    In short:

There is this point that healers do not want anymore mana regen than they got, or the item is just far better than what they got.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a Holy Pally. Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery

When healers get to a certain point in their gear, between 2500 and 3k mp5 in combat, they start looking for a couple non-spirit items. Its not fun having to much regen any more then it is having not enough. It's about balance.

To the guy who said haste is worthless - you're an idiot. Every single healing spec and class wants a solid amount of haste. We're maybe not stacking it in the way we did in Wrath, but its almost always the stat we prefer on our gear. Sometimes we're not so lucky, and some classes value it less then others, but at the end of the day - haste is not worthless.

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

At the current state of limited mana, Haste as a healer only means you run out of mana faster. And since you cannot just spam heals anymore, a much better way to increase your spells' "potency" is to get crit or mastery instead.
    Lol, ever looked at how Hot's work? The more haste i get on my druid, the more ticks my hots do in the same amount of time = more healing for the same mana. Haste rules for Resto's, together with intel
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

Deleted

I am supprised every single time i see someone like u who is totally clueless of how every healer class is working to make sure redicilous statements. The mechanics of haste have changed quiet a while ago and since u didnt bother reading up and educating yourself i decided to share little wisdom and well known fact(s) with u so u can stop embarasing yourself.
    Haste is not only increasing the casting speed of a spell but also increasing the time between `ticks` of a hot meaning for those classes that use hots haste is one of the best stats they can get.
    Another also well know fact is that almsot all healers have different stat priorities atm meaning that saying something like `the most important stat for healers is INT` will be wrong 100% of the time.

Just read a post about dps "stealing" healer gear(that being anything with spirit on it) and now you also want the dps gear too. Sheer greed and loot-whoreness.

Wait for your rings to drop and then need on them. Leave the dps gear to the dps and maybe they will leave our spirit gear to us (well we can only hope).
    Spicie-Dk-85 Belgarian-Lock-84 Kazarth-Retardin-85 Jalax-Mage-85 Gord-Rogue-85 Krynn-Druid-83 Shray-warrior-85 Scara-Shaman-85 Castrielle-Spriest-85 Tegne-Huntard-85 Laquiel-DK-85 Aminae-HPriest-85 Wulfrica-hunter-85 Bogdrop-Holy-cow-57
    All these 85's to pay for, no wonder I am always skint.

10+ Year Old Account
    In heroics: As boomkins and shadow priests would roll on spirit, so should a healer be able to roll on Stamina+Int.

In a guild/raid: Healers should not be given prio on Stam+Int items.

Yea.. It's amazing how you talk about something you don't have a clue about.
    On topic: Even tho spirit is still valuable for us to stack at this point it's compareable to hit for dpsers, awsome as long as you have mana issues and completly worthless when you dont. Atm I have about 2/3s of my gear with spirit and the last 1/3 without it. It's all about balance