Ghost Wolf =/= Any other Druid Form?

I Don't see why Ghost Wolf Doesn't Remove CC just like Druid forms, i mean it's about the same as travel form isn't it? Instant and +30% Speed.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Doesn't instant have to be talented?

if i recall correctly in one of the betas we had it but it was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristeas View Post
    Doesn't instant have to be talented?
    It Does, and your most likely to talent in it your planning on PvP, Which is the case here.
    Last edited by Nab; 2011-01-01 at 11:26 AM.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    It Does, and your most likely to talent it if your planning on PvP, Which is the case here.
    It's probably just because they don't want it to be that way honestly. A ghost wolf would break snare by essentially turning into a ghost, then again dispersion (i'm not sure if it does) should also work, as well as a few other class mechanics should do the same if that were the case.

Talented ghost wolf is 30% (35% glyphed) run speed and only instant via talents, travel form is 40% passive, and it only removes movement impairing effects, so you're able to be polymorphed unlike bear and cat form.

I would agree if so many classes/specs didn't need some form of re balancing. Until we see any changes the most we will get out of it is a free grounding totem(no snare), which either gives us a free point and still puts us slightly below most other classes or makes us somehow op. (The former being more likely)

I really feel the same way, but after playing for so long w/o it I'm more or less indifferent.
    ShamLcawk(shaman/main)
    ShamLrock(warrior/main)
    ShamLshapes(druid)
    Shampoke(rogue)
    Shamatholic(priest)

I Don't see why Ghost Wolf Doesn't Remove CC just like Druid forms, i mean it's about the same as travel form isn't it? Instant and +30% Speed.
    I think Wrath should chain to additional targets like Shaman spells. Cast time + nature damage. See what I did there? I thought we were beyond begging for class homogenization and boring pvp.

Deleted
    Because Ghost Wolf is not a druid polymorph effect. Druids are built around their relative CC immunity, is a core feature of the class. This is also the reason why druid form change spells cost so much mana. If Ghost Wolf would break CC we shamans would indeed be clearly overpowered in pvp. Ghost wolf is either a kiting or a range closing ability. We have other means to break CC (like glyphed SR or talented earthbind totem + spirit wolves in case of enhancement).

For the record you cannot shift out of cc anymore. If you, as an example, Hex a druid while they're in caster form they have to sit there and eat it.

Edit: The speed on Ghost Wolf is now comparable to the speed on talented cat form and aspect of the cheetah/pack. The reason this was changed is because GW is usable indoors and is therefore no longer comparable to travel form, but instead only to the speeds of talented cat form & cheetah/pack.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

For being a Ghost, I just wish we could stealth in it! lol I run with a group of a bear, a hunter, a rogue, and a druid healer. They all stealth through crap while I cant. I pretend I can though. Then I pop SR, Wolves, and lead my wolf pack to them.

Shamans are not druids, that's why. You want a form to have the same benefits that another class receives in something similar, but you ignore all the perks, cons, and balancing that goes into each class as they are now.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is the movement speed reduction while in Ghost Wolf form. Unless ninja nerf'd it no longer limits the reduction of movement speed effects. I'm supposed to always move at minimum run speed when slowed but I was always fully effected by frost mage's effects and combat rogues dazing. All other movement speed effects were limited though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    The only thing that needs to be fixed is the movement speed reduction while in Ghost Wolf form. Unless ninja nerf'd it no longer limits the reduction of movement speed effects. I'm supposed to always move at minimum run speed when slowed but I was always fully effected by frost mage's effects and combat rogues dazing. All other movement speed effects were limited though.
    No longer limits movement imparing effects, it simply makes you move faster. Change took effect in 4.01 when they allowed it to work indoors as well.