Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Nope not doing this one" (random heroic)

So, we have a guild group minus a tank and queue up for the random. We get HoO, the tank joins and says "Nope not doing this one" and then AFKs waiting for the vote kick timer "So I can requeue right away after you kick me".

His reasoning "This one is too long and I don't like it", so he's going to AFK for 15 minutes rather than do a quick heroic with 3 12K + DPS and an excellent healer. I hate this game sometimes.

he's a moron. HoO is the fastest. 4 pulls to boss 1, 1 pull, then gauntlet to boss two. Then 1 major pull to boss 3, dungeon's over.

I don't kick them. If they refuse to tank the random, I teleport out of the dungeon and go back to doing what I was before, but I will not kick them. I'll even vote no on votes to kick them from the group. Forcing them to sit around for half an hour while I make some food and browse the forums is infinitely more satisfying then kicking them and letting them get back into another instance. They are not getting into another random instance within the next half an hour, trying to cheat the deserter debuff or not.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

should be a ban for acting like a retard and wasting other players time. imo.

HoO isn't even bad, yeah it is a pretty big instance with alot of trash but theres alot of bosses and alot of loot so it's worth it. Grim Batol is the instance i say "nope not doing this one again."

Oh my god I had the same thing happen yesterday. Only ours didn't even say anything, he just ported in, ported out to Stormwind, and waited. We didn't even notice at first until we'd be standing around waiting to start for a few minutes. We kicked him after a while, and that's when it dawned on me that was probably what he wanted.
    To be fair we then got a DK tank who ran in and pulled without any CC, then left while he was dead (which I'm pretty sure at this point doesn't give you a debuff either). I then got a guildy to tank but we wiped again, at that point I apologized to the guildy and left, I decided hanging out with my dad was worth more than failing at a Heroic.

Next time this happens, I recommend this, or at least try and see what happens. Instead of kicking him, everyone port out and just continue with what they were doing before. If the tank gets fed up he'll have to leave and give himself a debuff. I mean as a tank his next queue will be fast, so I guess even if he waits out the full timer (the 15 minutes or so you have to stay before leaving to avoid the Deserter debuff) he'll probably get a dungeon right after that, while we'll have to wait for another 40+ minutes on top of the 15 or so.....
    Sigh, maybe Blizzard should just increase penalties on certain roles? Otherwise this is going to be the next big thing to abuse. Say if a Tank leaves early, they get an hour debuff, Healer gets 45 minutes, something like that, 'cuz this is going to get annoying fast.

Deleted
    So..wait what? First of all - if you just clear all your instances, you don't have any V2K timer. Blizz made it so a while ago. And besides, what would he earn from sitting AFK for 15min rather than leave, and wait for the debuff to go away...which also takes 15min...

10+ Year Old Account
    Said this a few times back in occulus, anyone who instantly leaves when getting a certain instance is usually the kind of person who makes the place more difficult anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    So..wait what? First of all - if you just clear all your instances, you don't have any V2K timer. Blizz made it so a while ago. And besides, what would he earn from sitting AFK for 15min rather than leave, and wait for the debuff to go away...which also takes 15min...
    the debuff lasts 30min...

I think you can report them for misuse of the LFD tool. I've done that a few times. No idea if it helps but it makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I think you can report them for misuse of the LFD tool. I've done that a few times. No idea if it helps but it makes me feel better.
    I did, he also stated he was using some sort of bot/macros to force himself to not get logged out for being AFK in party chat. So he's probably screwed.

He left the instance with the least amount of trash and just about the most justice points you can get by doing a single instance? He's an idiot.

I do agree though that they need to do something about people who join a group and then just sit afk waiting for you to kick them so they can instantly requeue up. If you get kicked from a group prior to downing any boss you should get the deserter buff. Considering it takes 15 minutes until you can kick someone it shouldn't really be abused at all.

You can tell that those tanks are retards for a few reasons.
    1) Unwilling to complete an instance. Probably the biggest scrub alert of all time.
    2) It takes time to be voted out at the beginning of the dungeon. How long? 15 minutes. They might as well leave so you can queue up for a good tank. Of course, they could just be dicks.
    3) No consideration for others. Doesn't matter how much dps you can do, how well you can heal or tank, you suck.

If you're actually good I would of just kept progressing through till you could vote kick him. A tank is hardly a necessity for 3/4 of an instance if you have a Feral Druid, Warrior, or a Paladin.

You could of always left and just gone to do dailies for 30 mins. If you don't want to do that wait the 15.

If those troggs didn't respawn so super fast I would love that dungeon.

Same happened to me and my buds. 4 guildies and one pug tank. We zoned in Vortex Pinnacle and the tank just ran to the first mobs and kept on pulling more mobs. We actually killed them all, but the tank died, rezed and then left the dungeon. I asked him why you left the dungeon and his response was as followed,"I don't need anything in this" and just sat in org until we finally booted him 15 min later.

What makes it funny to me is we requed got a tank and downed all 3 bosses in less than 15 min. Oh btw, this was a normal too. and out of my four guildies 3 were 85 and one was 83.

Your best bet is,like Abandon said,to go out and carry on with your business.When he starts QQing about not kicking him,tell him straight to his face "No,we're gonna let you get bored out of your wits and leave,cause then we'll be in the front of the queue and you will have a deserter debuff,just because you're such a sorry excuse for a person".

what a failure, he can't call himself a tank... more like a sea sponge. without gills... or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    HoO isn't even bad, yeah it is a pretty big instance with alot of trash but theres alot of bosses and alot of loot so it's worth it. Grim Batol is the instance i say "nope not doing this one again."
    lol. Fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol but you can skip almost all the boss
    on hoo
    just the first one, the guy with the 4 elementals trash and you can go for the last one less than 15 minutes