How long would it take to power level herbalism and mining?

So i have an 80 pally with 475 mining, and i want to start doing herbalism to 525... How long do you think it will take to max both.

I dont plan on doing any leveling, so i dont think ill make it to deepholm.

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

Like, 4 hours.

No really.

Well, okay, I'm exaggerating, but herbalism took me about 7 hours to level from zero to 475.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2011-01-01 at 03:52 PM.

Getting to 525 in just the starter zones is going to be very difficult since the starting herbs/ore will go grey around 505 (I can't remember the exact number).

You can potentially skip Deepholm if you're willing to fly down to Uldum. The mobs are a little higher level, but as a pally you shouldn't have too many issues if you're smart.

FWIW, I had 475 herbing and picked up mining on my druid before taking her to Cata zones. It took about 2-3 hours to level from 1-310 mining in the old world. Check out the updated power leveling guides for new maps. Blizzard changed a lot and it's now worth staying in a zone until the ore/herbs go green due to the abundance of easy to pick nodes. Things slowed way down in Outland and North Rend, but I think I got to 460 in about 10 hours total. I started on Cata herbs/ore with 475/460 herbing/mining and I'm at 525 on both now.

I don't know your intentions with the pally, but my druid is still in Hyjal greens (some drop and a few quest) and I was having a few issues with mobs in Twilight Highlands. Skipping questing and getting updated gear will only take you so far. (Though I'm making enough money that I think I'll just buy/get made the leather crafted gear.)
    ---

Deleted
    I just did mining 1-525, and herbed all the mats for Alchemy 1-525 and I got it done in a day. As one of the above posters said, stay in the cata starting zones until about 500, then go to Uldum or Twilight highlands. You might have to skip nodes that have mobs near them if you're still in wrath gear though. My priest is 82 because i wanted Deepholme, and he can handle the mobs OK.

Mining 1-525 in 3 hours.

Herbalism 450-525 in 55 minutes.

My herbalist was 80, and the reason it took so long is because I had to be deadly careful in Twilight Highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Mining 1-525 in 3 hours.

Herbalism 450-525 in 55 minutes.

My herbalist was 80, and the reason it took so long is because I had to be deadly careful in Twilight Highlands.
    Lies Pic og 475 and 525 + time!:P

Started leveling herbalism on my druid with 280% flight form after reading this thread. Currently at 391 and still going

Quote Originally Posted by Reyn View Post
    Getting to 525 in just the starter zones is going to be very difficult since the starting herbs/ore will go grey around 505 (I can't remember the exact number).
    It takes about 10 minutes to get our herb skill from 450 to 525 in Wintergrasp. Icethorn and frostlotus is yellow even at 525, and the frozen herbs and lich bloom green. And since nobodys farming there, there are so many nodes you don't even have to mount up between them.
    Mining is harder, at least the last 20 levels, as you will get only skills from rich saronite or titanium.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Mining is harder, at least the last 20 levels, as you will get only skills from rich saronite or titanium.
    Define 'last 20' ? You can start mining Obsidium at 425 so you don't need to go searching for rich saronite or titanium. If you can go to Deepholm you can stay there mining Obsidium, Rich Obsidium, Elementium and Rich Elementium from 425 to 525.

Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Define 'last 20' ? You can start mining Obsidium at 425 so you don't need to go searching for rich saronite or titanium. If you can go to Deepholm you can stay there mining Obsidium, Rich Obsidium, Elementium and Rich Elementium from 425 to 525.
    I was referring to leveling in Wintergrasp, which is significantly faster for herbalism in Wintergrasp than in cata areas. For mining it is not as fast as in cata regions, but also possible.