Thread: Patch 4.1?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 4.1?

Saw on the frontpage, that patch 4.1 probably Will hit in a few weeks, but what dó the patch contains? Havnt seen anything official.

10+ Year Old Account
    on blizzcon they said the firelands will be there. along with the class changes on the frontpage days ago. all i no
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

what...we had naxx much longer than this though...

im confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    The Lich King tried that, too. Unfortunately, his doors had one weakness. And Tirion exploited that weakness.
    A Battering Ram.

hmm 4.1 coming out earlier then ulduar did in wrath if im not mistaken
    anyway, it will probably be firelands raid to finally get rid of ragnaros or going back down to the abyssal maw to get rid of the naga infestation in the elemental plane of water

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be extremely mad if 4.1 comes out before I have barely had any real time to try out the new content. Not everyone hit 85 first day and had a guild full of people who have known each other for years and raid 4 days a week you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I will be extremely mad if 4.1 comes out before I have barely had any real time to try out the new content. Not everyone hit 85 first day and had a guild full of people who have known each other for years and raid 4 days a week you know.
    You can't really expect to see all content as a casual in this expansion. At least not right when it comes out. If that really is your opinion on things, then Cata is (hopefully) going to let you down.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirra View Post
    You can't really expect to see all content as a casual in this expansion. At least not right when it comes out. If that really is your opinion on things, then Cata is (hopefully) going to let you down.
    What?

Your saying Blizzard expect everyone to play this expansion constantly and nonstop, and level as quick as possible, and just get everything on the first day... After spending £25-£40?

I'm sure Blizzard decided, "Yeah, out of our 12 million subscribers, we will make this expansion tailored to around 4% of those people"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    No top end guild have beaten Sinestra yet have they? Seems a bit early to release a new patch when the "last boss" in this patch isnt dead yet :O

i do expect a patch soon but i don't see it being firelands new content patch. we are gonna see the fix to all the incorrect tooltips(due to all the hotfixing), a lot more bug fixes, and hopefully a major fix to tol barad. and lets cross our fingers for some class balancing too!
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2011-01-01 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i do expect a patch soon but i don't see it being firelands new content patch. we are gonna see the fix to all the incorrect tooltips, a lot more bug fixes, and hopeful a major fix to tol barad. and lets cross our fingers for some class balances too!
    Pretty much this. I can see 4.0.x coming out in a couple of months but not 4.1.

Might hopefully bring some more dungeons too

Actually, the front page says that the class balancing patch should be in the next few weeks (woohoo, no more crappy ret mastery!), and 4.1 a few weeks after that. Sounds more like 4.1 is 1.5-2 months away, maybe longer depending on PTR testing.

And I really hope one of these patches gets rid of the stupid bugged archeology digs in Dire Maul. That's pretty annoying.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

15+ Year Old Account
    I got worried when I saw boub say that. I just apped to a guild and I haven't even done bh yet. I maybe kind of elitist but shit, everybody needs more time with this content still.

If I remember correctly Firelands was meant to be included on launch.

From what I've heard, the patch will contain a more healed version of Hyjal with new dailies, the Firelands raid (with Ragnaros as last boss), and the abyssal maw dungeon (with a fully corrupted version Nespirah as the last boss)

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the Abyssal Maw 5-man coming out in 4.1 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    What?

Your saying Blizzard expect everyone to play this expansion constantly and nonstop, and level as quick as possible, and just get everything on the first day... After spending £25-£40?

I'm sure Blizzard decided, "Yeah, out of our 12 million subscribers, we will make this expansion tailored to around 4% of those people"
    You're not making any sense. Even if Blizz releases new content, nothing is taken away from those who like to take things slowly.

That being said, if 4.1 = new raid tier, we won't be seeing it until March or April.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Maybe there won't be new raid instance in 4.1 and if there is, who is going to stop you to continue progress in "old" content?

It won't be firerlands. Not even the Top Guilds cleared all and im pretty sure that most didn't even cleared the raids in normal mode.

"Happy New Year to everyone! 2011 should get interesting very soon with a minor class balancing patch incoming in the next few weeks (see Upcoming Class Changes) and probably patch 4.1 following a few weeks later. "

>Minor class balancing patch in the next few weeks
    >patch 4.1 following a few weeks later

you got 2 months at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC had two raid tiers available at launch, just because Blizzard is releasing another raid tier 'early' doesn't mean everyone is going to be ready for it on day 1. You'll still be expected to go through the old stuff to acquire the gear to handle the new stuff. Hopefully, that is, as long as they don't put in dungeon gear that means you'll be able to skip raids. I never got to finish Ulduar cuz of that