Exclamation On a pale horse and master riding !

Hello guys ...

I currently have 2 points in the talent " On a Pale Horse "

plus the 10% mount speed from guild perks that means 280% + 30% = 310%

now that I already have 310% without master riding ... would my mount speed would be 340% if I learn master riding ? or it wouldn't stack ?

I couldn't find a clear answer on that on any wow source , So I hope I find it here before i waste 5000 gold ...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Ah, I see.

I think it does stack also. That's only because I swear I have seen DK's flying faster than me even though I have 310, could just be me though.
    Last edited by MannDuo; 2011-01-01 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

From what i have been told by multiple people, the guild perk isn't 10% more, it's a 10% bonus to whatever speed you currently have.

so if you're 280, with 20% talented that's 300. Your 10% guild perk would then make that 330.

if you were 310 speed, 20% talented that's 330. 10% guild perk would then make that 363.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 2011-01-01 at 06:27 PM. Reason: corrected my own math

I see no reason why it wouldn't, except that Crusader Aura and On a Pale Horse don't stack with the guild bonus, so it would be 20%.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    From what i have been told by multiple people, the guild perk isn't 10% more, it's a 10% bonus to whatever speed you currently have.

so if you're 280, with 20% talented that's 300. Your 10% guild perk would then make that 330.

if you were 310 speed, 20% talented that's 320. 10% guild perk would then make that 352.
    Also, what The Doctor said.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mount

Firstly, talents like On a Pale Horse do not stack with the guild perk. Since the guild perk is only 10%, you are basically just ignoring it and getting the 20% from your talent.

Secondly, you're doing the math incorrectly. Talents like On a Pale Horse give you a percentage of your mount speed. If your mount goes 280%, you are getting an extra 20% of 280%. Your final mount speed is 356%, not 310%.

The same will happen if you buy Master Riding. Your final mount speed will be a total of 392%.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to wowhead

"Apply Aura: Mod Mounted Speed % - Doesn't Stack with Anything (3)"

and to calculate the mount speed + buff.

On A Pale Horse 2/2
    (100%(run speed) + 280%(mounted speed increase)) * 1.2(buff) = 456% > 356% mount speed

Guild Perk - Mount Up 10%
    (100%(run speed) + 280%(mounted speed increase)) * 1.1(buff) = 418% > 318% mount speed
    Last edited by Metian; 2011-01-01 at 06:33 PM.
    ALTF4.

I have 310 riding and I definitely notice a movement speed increase when I am in frost spec with points in On a Pale Horse. However, this ability does not stack with other mount speed enhancements, so your mounted speed would be in the ~330% range.

I guess one would then have to consider if they would rather have their 2 talent points back and just use the natural 10% they get from the perk over the 20% they're spec'ing for.

I mean, if you already get 10% from a guild perk then you're using 2 talent points to just go 10% more. Perhaps 2 talent points isn't worth that.

/script x=GetUnitSpeed("player") DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Speed: %d yds/sec, %.1f kph, %.1f mph, %d%% normal run speed",x,x*3600/1093.6133,x*45/22,x/7*100))
    Use that in a macro with and without On a Pale Horse and you'll see for sure whether or not they stack.

I am fairly certain that they don't, however.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Mount

Firstly, talents like On a Pale Horse do not stack with the guild perk. Since the guild perk is only 10%, you are basically just ignoring it and getting the 20% from your talent.

Secondly, you're doing the math incorrectly. Talents like On a Pale Horse give you a percentage of your mount speed. If your mount goes 280%, you are getting an extra 20% of 280%. Your final mount speed is 356%, not 310%.

The same will happen if you buy Master Riding. Your final mount speed will be a total of 392%.

This. I'm a frost DK with on a pale horse and Master riding and I average about 390%

so from what I understand here ...

to get full max speed

I need only 1 point in " On a Pale Horse" + Master riding ... is that correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    so from what I understand here ...

to get full max speed

I need only 1 point in " On a Pale Horse" + Master riding ... is that correct ?
    If the guild perk and the talent don't stack, you'd only get the benefit from one of them I believe, so the point on the talent would still be wasted if you have the guild perk. As far as I know, when conflicting buffs are applied (On a Pale Horse and the guild perk, for example) the higher one takes priority, and you simply don't get the lower one. If they're equal, likely one would just be canceled out and you still only get 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Use that in a macro with and without On a Pale Horse and you'll see for sure whether or not they stack.

I am fairly certain that they don't, however.
    I used that macro and it gave me speed is 455% normal speed (( without master riding ))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I guess one would then have to consider if they would rather have their 2 talent points back and just use the natural 10% they get from the perk over the 20% they're spec'ing for.

I mean, if you already get 10% from a guild perk then you're using 2 talent points to just go 10% more. Perhaps 2 talent points isn't worth that.
    On a Pale Horse give a 30% less roots duration too

edit : with 2 talent point

Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    I used that macro and it gave me speed is 455% normal speed (( without master riding ))
    If you have On a Pale Horse 2/2 and the guild perk with artisan riding, then they don't stack, because that's a 20% bonus.

thanks alot for your help guys

now I bought master riding and my speed is 492%

So I guess you were right , the only thing that doesn't stack is guild perk + on pale horse

I used that macro and it gave me speeds of:

455% normal speed without master riding on my DK with 2/2 in "On a Pale Horse"
    455% normal speed without master riding on my Pala, with Crusader Aura.
    451% normal speed with master riding on my Priest (slightly annoying as my priest is my main and my mount collector!)
    Last edited by Koremar; 2011-01-03 at 03:06 PM.

bottom line, use those 2 talents points on something worth it =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep the two points in it on my Frost build, zipping past everyone in the game is worth it (especially when mining!).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.