Poll: Are raids too hard?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthal View Post

bastion of twilight is one of favs atm,first boss is interesting,it aint that much hard if you find the correct way to do it.Best thing about halfus is that you get a different set of drakes every week and you can combine / make new tactics every week which is awsome,gives the diversity of the fight,aint linear.Second boss Valiona and Theralion is also awsome but to as some manner simple and also interesting at the same time. You can either start with valiona or theralion and combine,the boss itself aint difficult if everyone sticks to what they're supposed to be doing.But if just one person does something wrong then its all for nothing. IT is literraly one person does something wrong,the encounter goes the other way around .
    Funny story there in Bastion. This week we "boosted" 3 new guys, that never raided a single raid in Cata yet through 10 man bastion.

All bosses were new to them. We got a really simple drake setup for halfus so he was one shot. At Valiona and Theralion we explained to them how it worked, but they ofc died on the first Breath ( 2 ranged 1 healer ), at about 90% on the boss. We thought we would just continue to show them how the fight worked. We ended up one shotting it, 7 man. so we basically 7 manned valion and therlaion with 1 tank 2 healers and 4 dps. Only shows that alot of the fights are about control.

Same with Twilight council, we ended up having 2 guys dead on the first try in the first phase, though we ressed one of them. Still one dps dead, we got it down to 1% on 9 man, but the dps was just not enough in p2 with one guy missing, and we didn't have the best timing. Got it down on the second try

Alot of the fights are just control fights, know what to do and they are extremely easy.

Cata raids are alot about just sinking time into the bosses and they go down eventually. None of the bosses yet atleast for us have been challenging on enrage or something like that. Maybe Cho'Gall the first time we did him but we had horrible setup.

Also, kinda funny in Blackwing Decent this week. Already starting to overgear encounters We ended up wiping on maloriak because we had to good dps. We got him down to p2 before the SECOND green vial. So we only had 1 green phase, so we ended up with 2 big adds and 6 small ones ( since we killed 12 adds in the first green phase ). Was quite funny to see that happening.

The only problem is that Wrath changed peoples expectations to much. I started playing endgame in TBC we were in an ok guild and we enjoyed grinding gear in heroics, PVPing and the occasional kara, we geared we enjoyed the game and we progressed beyond kara and ZA albiet slower then alot of guilds. but we still had fun.

We ground heroics for ages for the end boss epics as well and I can't help but think Blizz might have missed a trick here taking away Epics from final dungeon bosses.
    People now just see blues and orbs and they want the shiney shiney epix.

My advice would be just enjoy the content we have at the moment, don't worry if you can't kill everything in the first few months, who cares. There are few guilds who actually are clearing everything as a general percentage of the wow population.

Also remember they have already noticed that PVE is rolling slower then PVP, they will probably introduce a system of rolling nerfs to normal modes if they see people are not progressing.
    And when all the LEETS and Hardcores start to QQ, we'll begin another round of im better then you from people who come on forums to gloat.

Enjoy the game, do what you wanna do, for the bext experiance just group up with people you know and like, progress will come
    Last edited by Lao_tzu; 2011-01-01 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling fails as usual

Raids are at a good difficulty so far. Most of the normal mode bosses are easy, but a few are difficult, and heroics are quite hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the noobs who chose "Only hardcores should raid, not casuals, GTFO scrub". This game isn't ONLY for hardcores, raids should be available to casuals, too. Not everybody sits on their computer 20 hours a day trying to get down 1 boss.

They're still easy, but they're sort of new. And by new I don't mean they just came out (lulz) I mean, did you fight the sound dragon? I love that encounter. Even the omnitron defense system boss is kinda new, even though it feels like it's just made up out of old reused tactics. I mean, every boss has old blah parts, but they feel pretty fresh so far.

Sooo I'm okay with them being kinda easy because they're pretty neat, at least what I've done so far. And they're in no way easy like ToC was easy so I feel that it's not too faceroll and not too ridiculously difficult. I mean, the 'hard' bosses of old were just 40 minutes encounters.

The biggest difficulty I have with the new content is that my guild raids for 9 hours a week on three different days (yeah that's right, we raid for three hours a night) and isn't exactly made up of the best people. I'm having trouble deciding if I should leave just to raid more though because I like the attitude of my guild, and I do have a job that sometimes throws weird shifts at me, so the limited raid time at least helps make sure that I can get off for those nights.

Oh here I am bothering everyone with my problems... :B

These raids are not hard. 90% of the encounters are just very basic mechanics like, dont stand in this, Spread for this, Stack for this, DPS these adds, Switch targets. Not overly hard to figure out. And most of the fights are like 2 phases of these mechanics repeating.

You learned to raid in wrath, when blizz wanted things to be easy enough for everyone to enjoy the content. They told the community that Cata instances would be harder, and they are. Don't worry about it too much, your guild's raiders will learn and improve and you'll down the content in your own time- and you'll enjoy that "OMFG IT'S DEAD!" rush.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

The thing with these raids is that you can wipe literally 100 times in a row if you are doing it wrong, and kill it in a couple of attempts once you've figured out what to do.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of time you play. If you're raiding for around 2-3 hours a night, twice a week, then you should probably kill a boss every 2-3 nights. I don't see what's wrong with this. It's gonna take some time to sort out the kinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    The thing with these raids is that you can wipe literally 100 times in a row if you are doing it wrong, and kill it in a couple of attempts once you've figured out what to do.
    This is exacerbated by the fact there isn't a well established way of doing most bosses yet. For example, Tankspot's V&T and Al'Akir videos are incomplete and inefficient. You need to do some thinking on your own.

The difficulty is perfect in any way at the moment. The scrubs dosent get free epics, cause they suck. And the ones in casual raiding guilds gets a few new every week. And the ones that raid abit harder has done it all. So its just perfect.

I raid 9 hours a week. 3 days 3h each, we downed 4 bosses. So shit aint hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge mistake. Being casual does not mean you can't raid.

It can be the case that casual player = worse because they don't get to play so much, and therefore aren't used to moving out of bad things, or killing certain adds, popping certain cooldowns etc..

But just because you are casual does not mean you have to be bad. All it means it that it might take you longer to get to the gear level of the hardcores, and longer to learn from your mistakes. The raids are the same difficulty for everyone. Our guild has only ever entered Blackwing Descent TWICE, yet we've killed Magmaw with the achievement, and got Omnotron to 60% after our second attempt. Most of our members are away for the holidays as well...
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm maybe its just because people in my guild have quite some crafted epics etc, but the raids don't seem that hard to me. We wipe 2/3 times to learn the mechanics of the fight and then down the boss. Atleast with the first 5 or so. We arn't 12/12 or anything yet, but we are getting there and we don't wipe as much as i thought we might. If you make sure you have proper gear from rep vendors/HC's. And the rep epics etc you should be fine if you execute the tacts well enough. To me the diffculty seems fine, normals arn't to hard, and hard modes are, atleast for now for the realy dedicated and skilled players.

Me and my newly formed guild my friend invited me to just started raiding this week. We raided on Tuesday and Thursday and easily got 3/12, also 1 shotting BH on Tuesday. In my opinion, they're still a bit too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Not only raids but almost all heroic bosses are too hard. It gets discouraging.
    If you find heroic bosses too hard, you may want to find another game, the only reason any of this content is hard is either because you lack gear, or common sense.

I personally think difficulty is perfectly fine ONLY when its not an utter waste of time.

TBC raids and Ulduar were perfectly tuned to allow people to progress at a fairly steady pace but STILL PROGRESS without having to wipe on content for hours (regular modes). Sadly, Blizzard seems to have deviated from the 30 minute heroic mentality and in doing so even extended the time it takes to do raids.

THIRTY MINUTE HEROICS WERE FINE. TEN MINUTE HEROICS WEREN'T. TWO HOUR HEROICS WEREN'T BUT APPARENTLY THEY ARE NOW. SO ARE RAIDS THAT TAKE A TOTAL OF EIGHT HOURS TO COMPLETE.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2011-01-02 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    In most cases, sadly, it's lack common sense and awareness of the surrounding. From time to time I wonder how some people manage to walk in town without getting ran over by a car. Blind-deaf hamster got better senses than some people playing this game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

i prefer hard fights with lower gear requirement. one require cooardination and skill other requires luck and time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they are perfectly fine. Some normal modes are easy, some are challenging assuming the gear people have. But they will be much easier after people do enough heroics to have most of Valor gear. Sure, if someone doesn't have much time he won't race thru hard modes but slow progression thru normals doesn't require a lot of time.