Poll: Are raids too hard?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canibill View Post
    Heroic bosses hard? Are you kidding me? All the bosses are easy if you manage to execute tactics right with even a mediocre group. Even the trash pulls are usually harder than the bosses.
    They Are almost all too hard, if you consider the pool of bads it picks from in LFD tool

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    If you find heroic bosses too hard, you may want to find another game, the only reason any of this content is hard is either because you lack gear, or common sense.
    This.. Of course heroics are gona be a bit hard at first if you're trying to do them with a group of ilvl 329 players. Once you get some rep gear, 333 gear from normal dungeons, heroic bosses will just require some common sense.

As for raids, I think they are perfect difficulty. I've been just running heroics up till today, found a good PUG for Magmaw, downed him after 2hrs or so, which is probably the same amount of time as 2 heroics.
    This was a group full of people who have never done this boss before..all it takes is people who know what they're doing, and how to play theyre class, and of course willing to learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowthThatsRight View Post
    Are other people who cannot dedicate huge chunks of their life to a videogame finding this?
    Are NON-HARDCORES finding raids too hard as well?
    You friend are a joke. Everyone who plays this game (and other games too tbh) who are "casual", uses their low playtime as an excuse for why they suck. This isnt Korea GOSU Starcraft league ffs.

Hardcore raids progress FASTER, because they put in more TIME. The key word is "faster". You don't have to raid 12 hours a day to kill a boss but if you want to clear the whole instance on week 1 then OMG SURPRISE you have to play more to achieve that just like you need to work more hours to get more money.....wait for it........... FASTER

Jesus

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    Still too easy imo. Moving away from fire and other mechanics is not hard, and never will be.
    I guess you must have cleared all current raid content on a character other than the one in your sig then, since 'Purely' has done nothing so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, im digging it thus far, took my raid grp 3 trys to bring down magmaw(not hard once you get the hang of it) and on our 2nd try of omnitron got it to 54%. and to say 5man roic bosses are hard means your running with pugs or your friends/guildies blow a donkeys left nut. With guildies we clear 5mans in 45min-1hour, but this is about raids not 5mans. So is raiding to hard? compared to what wrath?!! lol if you compare it to wrath then yes, within 2 weeks of ICC droping we had everything cept LK on farm, and a month after it droped we had him on farm, then we moved to roix and got up to LK. so compared to wrath raiding yes this is very very hard... but you prolly didnt play in BC then :\ cause this was average for back then, spend more then 2 trys on boss?! ZOMG QQ ON FORUMS KGO!!
    Prepare your anus! THE EWOK DAWN COMES FOR YOU ARTHAS!!!

I'd like to quote Totalbiscuit. Shouldn't content be hard? Shouldn't it make you try harder, try to become better, try to think with all your abilities to find tactics that suit you and the encounter to maximize your healing/dps and minimize damage taken?
    I like the challenge. I like that it's not ICC, which was cleared pretty much the first week (the first wing even with a pug).

Anyway, might sound harsh but yes, after ICC you will no longer be able to use casual raiding and slow but steady progression as an excuse for being bad and not trying to be better. The raids are all doable. If you don't do it the first time, or the second, try again. Think, adapt, try harder, be better.

you got a job ? nobody cares
    you got to go to school ? nobody cares

we all have things to do irl, some of us more than others, that doesn't mean the game has to be tilted around a certain group's favor.

Why can't everyone understand this ? It's exactly like in school when kids whine that exams are too hard but they don't even put any effort into studying for the exam so they go like "bawww it's too hard, i can't pass this ;_; i hope it's easier next semester "

Deleted
    They require that people use there brain
    Facebook: 'I like'

Quote Originally Posted by MeowthThatsRight View Post
    NON-HARDCORES finding raids too hard as well?
    Simples answer is 'No', and no we're not hardcore or anything like that. 3 nights a week 3h per raid, and we started about 2 weeks after launch date. So far we've cleared 5 bosses across 2 of the new raids. Sure thing it was a learning curve like any other new fights, but once you have a solid tactic for a fight then the only thing holding you back is either a) yourself or b) other memeber of your raid group. If the same person is dying over and over, call it out, find out why and fix it!

Having trouble with target switch on Omni? Get some to call it, get DBM and watch it.
    Having trouble with lava worms on magmaw, get some one to call pillar, or get DBM and watch it.
    Having trobule with Brutal . . Algaloth, we'll I really cant help stacking in 2 groups.

I guess you need to re-evaluate how your using your raiding time in game, and maybe spend a bit more outside of game preparing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel they are too difficult - maybe just a teensy bit, for the average player - but I don't understand one point that I've seen re-iterated in this thread.

The fact that some guilds (read: professional gaming guilds) can clear the content within a few weeks does NOT make it 'too easy'.
    (I refer specifically to the heroic modes being cleared by guilds like Nihilum (Ensidia, whatever), and Premonition and the like.)
    And unless you belong to said guilds - no one in this thread does - then what does this even have to do with anything?

The game can be 'beat' by professional gamers. (Not yet, I know, but my point remains the same.)
    It can't be beat by the average player right now - which despite the fact that most people want to pretend otherwise - is the majority of posters on this forum.

i dont believe heavily in gear requirements. i believe a good thing to do is difficult mechanics. for gear your essentially placing a time barrier. however with difficult mechanics you get another story. ironicly alot of players relate skill-gear no. skill is the product of forethought and paying attention. gear is the result of grinding and rng. this has led to the belief that classic raids were much harder.