Feral druid - PvP gear and gems

Hey guys.
    I play a feral druid and i'm pretty new to PvP but so far i'm having an awesome time doing BG's and stuff.
    I'm now just wondering since i'm starting to acquire a good amount of PvP gear, what should I reforge to and what gems should I use as well as enchant and stuff like that, since I couldn't seem to find any guides on what to go for.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    this thread is relevant to my interrest. I would also like to know what to use. shred with glyph vs. Mangle with glyph. as I see it mangle is more damage on the tooltip along with the 10% from glyph and the ability to use from any angle on the enemy. yet some say. you are a druid... spam shred. what does to pro's have to say :P

15+ Year Old Account
    There are really A LOT of topics regarding these questions already so for more detailed information, search for those instead.

I will try to answer your questions in "short":

Gemming.
    Gem for Agi in red sockets (Delicate Inferno Ruby), Agi/Mastery in yellow sockets (Adept Ember Topaz), Gem for 3 SpellPen gems in blue sockets (Stormy Ocean Sapphire), or 2 + Cloak Enchant. (If you still got blue sockets left, gem for Agi/Hit (Glinting Demonseye).

Some people prefer gemming for Mastery/Hit and Agi/Hit so they can activate their Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (21 Agi + 3% Critical Damage) meta gem (that's right, a WotLK meta gem), and however I'm no big fan of gemming for Stamina at all, I still prefer taking the Effulgent Shadowspirit Diamond (81 Stamina + 2% less SpellDamage taken) because the extra Agi you'll get from gems (because you don't have to gem for less Agi to activate the meta) combined with this meta bonus in my opinion totally makes up for it. (Feral has the most problems against Casters in PvP, so the 2% less SpellDamage taken is welcome aswell.)

Reforging.
    Before you reforge, make sure you have all the offset pieces with Hit on it. After taking these parts and fully gemming your gear you'll still need some more hit to get to the 5% (600 hit rating) softcap. Reforge "bad" stats such as Expertise (on shoulders) and Haste (on legs) first, in case you're using the PvP ones. If you still won't make it to 600 Hit Rating this way, you'll need to reforge some Crit Rating aswell. Just look for yourself which item is best to be reforged. (Reforge as few Crit as possible while still reaching the softcap.)

Enchanting.
    These are only basic enchants. The profession enchants are always better:

- Head: Arcanum of the Ramkahen (60 Agi / 35 Haste). Requires you to be revered with the Ramkahen.
    - Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal (50 Agi / 25 Mastery). Requires you to be exalted with Therazane. There's also a Lesser Inscription of Shattered Crystal which only requires you to be honored.
    - Cloak: Greater Spell Piercing (70 SpellPen) if you are using 2 SpellPen gems. Major Agility (22 Agility) if you are using 3 SpellPen gems. Yep, just like the WotLK meta gem, this WotLK cloak enchant is our best option besides the SpellPen enchant.
    - Chest: Peerless Stats (20 All Stats).
    - Wrist: Greater Critical Strike (65 Crit Rating).
    - Weapon: Mighty Agility (130 Agility).
    - Gloves: Greater Mastery (65 Mastery). After the upcoming bleed nerfs, this one might actually get replaced by: Mighty Strenght. (50 Strenght) Yep, Strenght.
    - Legs: Dragonscale Leg Armor (190 Attack Power / 55 Crit Rating).
    - Boots: Major Agility (35 Agility).

@Dooffie66:

Imo, neither of those options are the best way to go. Mangle Glyph + using Shred as much as possible works like a charm. Even with the 10% Mangle Buff, Shred still hits harder. However, there will be lots of moments where you'll need to use Mangle instead. I don't really like the Shred Glyph either. It gives you 2 extra Rip ticks when you use Shred 3 times, but after you've Shred the enemy 3 times, you could aswell use the CP to put up a new Rip for it's full duration. Where else would you use the CP on anyway..? Ferocious Bite can be nice, but Rip is just so much better. A Maim could be usefull, but Maim is way to situational for that. Savage Roar? Nah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Shred does look like less damage on the tooltip because it doesn't factor in the extra damage from Mangle (increases bleed damage which affects Shred). Glyph for Mangle if you're having a hard time getting shreds or have bad latency. Glyph for Shred if you can land shreds very often, because the extra Rip time will allow you more time for maim and ferocious bite without having to clip your Rips (i.e. refreshing Rip before you need to).

Feral is in a weird place right now because our mastery might get nerfed...we just don't know. So right now, mastery is incredible for reforing/gemming, but it might not be very soon. Just make sure you get your Spell Pen and Hit Rating first.