Why are their so many hunters....WHY ARE THEY SO TARDED! T_T

Hey!

[This is not a QQ thread or so, I'm just stating some of the inbalances about hunters during lvl phase to around lvl 50+]

[background story]
    I'm currently rerolling an alt(Undead Warrior) from having played as a Holadin and Mage since launch of WotLK, and I thought to myself; ''Hey, why not lvl as a prot Warrior?'' I came to the conclusion of leveling with protection as a spec(for easy access to instances and quite good quest leveling since I can easy take mass pulls). And the rest of the story is quite unimportant..

I've PvP'ed as both a rogue, Warrior and Priest within the lvl range of 10-49 now, and no matter how you look at it; hunter's are completly BROKEN!
    And I honesetly wouldn't consider myself bad at PvP since my usual KD with my PvP geared Holadin is often around 10:3 and my PvE geared mage 10:2.
    Let me show you a few scenarios so you might understand a bit better;

[The real deal]
    Warrior perspectiv lvl 29+:
    'spotting hunter->Charge->harmsting->concussive blow->rend->shield slam->HC strike=hunter have about 30% to 15% left at this point, which means he'll probably die if he's not getting help.
    or
    spotting hunter->cha...<-concussive shot-<arcane shot-<distracting shot(think it's called that, it's the one that disoriantates you)-<pet charge(2 sec stun)-<concussive shot= at this point I'm already almost dead( about 40-30% hp left) and have no way of ever getting close to him.
    or
    'hunter spotting me->Serpent sting->arcane shot->pet charge(2 sec stun)->arcane shot/explosive shot->concussive shot->--Keeps repeating till targets dead--( in worst case scenario pulling off a wing clip ).= There's no way for a melee class like a Warrior to get close or really escape.

Rogue perspective lvl 29+:
    Spotting hunter->invis before he sees me->Kidney Shot->spam backstab->''Praying that crippling poison procs!''->mash Mutilate button= at this point(if crippling got applaid to the target) the target should be dead.
    or
    spotting hunter->going into invis quickly->kidney shot->1 backstab--<hunter pet charge(2 sec stun)-<wing clip-< and now there's no way of getting away since I'm already marked for death...
    or
    hunter spots me->Marks me->activating aspect of the cheeta->Serpent sting->arcane shot->pet charge(2 sec stun)->arcane shot/explosive shot->concussive shot->--Keeps repeating till targets dead--( in worst case scenario pulling off a wing clip ).= There's no way for a melee class like a Rogue to get close or really escape.

I've got nothing to say about shadow priest's since they don't have any real difficulties with hunters, really!

It's not about that they've got a huge amount of CC at their disposal, it's about that they've got too much damage output compared to other classes with even near the same amount of CC abilitys.

The summary of all this would be that if I'm not the one spotting the hunter first and manage to stun lock/slow him to death, I'm almost for 100% sure..DEAD.
    Please leave me a comment regarding this topic and your opinion on hunters, and maybe even some tips and tricks in how I could improve my general gameplay towards a possible hunter/ranged class as a melee class myself.

[ONLY CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE]
    EDIT: this have been posted in the PvP section as well, didn't know where to put it so it became a double post of mistake!

Sincerely; Souldevourer Aka. PhoenixDisciple

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that low-level PvP is imbalanced. Welcome to...like, how low-level PvP has been since its inception.

I one shot like every clothie on my twink 28ish rogue but you don't see people making posts about it

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    So what you're saying is that low-level PvP is imbalanced. Welcome to...like, how low-level PvP has been since its inception.
    And,... like, you're totally oblivious (or just stupid) to the fact that it's the same at max lvl.

Don't write useless posts trying to demean others.

Prot warriors got a talent named Warbringer, making you able to charge in combat. use it.
    Rogues got Vanish, poisons, shadowstep. (and garrote is a bitch.) If i hunter sees you before you stealth, well, you deserve to die.

also: It's low level PvP...lol.
    Haha, then you got a nice GM. Once had a guildy who's ZG snake "TrouserSnake" was renamed (by the GM) to Bob. Since this was way back in Vanilla, we all laughed at him and his snake that got "Bobbed".

Trust me, when you hit 85 - You'll have no complaints about hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    And,... like, you're totally oblivious (or just stupid) to the fact that it's the same at max lvl.

Irrelevant. Blizzard tries to balance max-level PvP, whether they succeed or not. They make very little to no effort to balance low-level PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post

Hum strange, but it seems that you are the one demeaning SeabeastRivin in this little rant of your's.

And yes low lvl pvp balance has nothing to do with high lvl pvp. It's been like this since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixdisciple View Post
    Hey!

I'm just stating some of the inbalances about hunters

I've PvP'ed as both a rogue, Warrior and Priest
    You've never played as hunter, don't claim to know shit about them. Low levels don't count for shit. Skill matters more then than at end game where the people who have better gear are much more favored to win -- more so than 50-.

Also, the word both works for when you are referring to 2 of something, not three.

"There"

PvP and "class balance" (which I quote because the term has been used loosely to the point where its meaning is almost the opposite of what those two words actually define) is constructed with max level mind. I'm sure you can dig through the archives of blue posts and find some developer / GM who made a statement similar to this, but the point is that has been established since Classic. Its important to keep this in mind, and it will help qualify what I say later.

In my experience in low level PvP and twink brackets, melee are at an advantage if they can close the gap before a ranged class prevents them from doing so (making rogues among the most bitched about classes prior to level cap), and most ranged classes have very little they can do to reconcile being in close range to melee. The opposite is true if a ranged class can tag a melee class before they attempt to close the gap between them. Long story short, position is everything, so become aware and good at that whenever possible.

As for hunters themselves, they've always been absurdly and annoyingly good in 1v1 situations. It comes with the territory of having a pet do a chunk of your work for you (a la Beast Mastery), and having AI do the rest by autoshooting for you. My personal feelings are that Hunters have only just now earned their right to complain as their PvP presence at 85 blows compared to prior seasons / expansions where they were overly present or a formidable opponent in a variety of comps. Then again, the Ferris Wheel of Flavor of the Month specs and classes has its ups and downs, so I suppose you could say this is where hunters have to get off the ride and get to the back of the line till its their turn again.
    Inner Rage - You become Enraged due to the fact that you're too Angry.

Yeah, I might sympathize you if I was completely unfamiliar with lvl 85 pvp between huners and rogues/warriors. but since I am familiar, all I have to say is sucks for you.
    Seriously though, i'll sing the same song that's been sung since 4.0 release. This game is balanced around lvl 85. If you don't like low lvl pvp against hunters, keep leveling, then see who's complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story bro.
    "cool story bro" replies are against the rules /Dalliah
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-01-12 at 05:07 AM.

Level to 85, get 3k resi and then go complain about hunters. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Didn't I just see this thread under a different title?
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Deleted
    A chilling rendition of chronological data, my male biological sibling.

I am not even going to flame the fact that the OP talks about low lvl pvp , or the fact that he described some fights between some imaginary allspecs hunters vs allspecs rogues/warriors or whatever that bla bla was BUT

At lvl 85 , when i see a hunter in BGs its just about cheapshot wam bam , Dismantle 10 seconds , by the time dismantle wears off the hunter is dead in most cases .

And unlike any frost mages out there i do not like being so OP over a specific class , it is no fun . I wish i will see hunters fixed in some way soon enough without the risk of watching them become the new frost mages . (speaking as an ex 2 expansion hunter main ) .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

I like how all the scenarios are of catching the Hunter off guard. Trust me. If the Hunter knew you were there, you would not be able to do shit.