Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft survival servers. Almost took me from WoW. Almost.

Deleted
    found this list which might be useful for people looking for a new game

http://www.mmoreviews.com/best-free-mmo/

now that rs is prolly bringing back the wilderness and free trade, it might acually be fun again, but if they dont do that, then all the f2p members will have nothing to do cause all they do is release p2p stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Runescape owned, it was funny, fun to play and the qeusts were awesome and actually had requirements, theres also ALOT to do, wth?! did you get past lvl 50? it gets good at 80-ish
    Yeah man I don't care about admitting the fact I played it pretty much every day for 3 years. Pre-WoW offcourse. It was awesome, who gives a shit about graphics? It's amazingly fun-adictive and hey, it's F2P(with optional members ofc) and ITS A BROWSER GAME. Most people who call it are arrogant and have never even played it. Hey, low level wow (pre cataclysm updates) wasn't exactly bountiful with amazing gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Runescape owned, it was funny, fun to play and the qeusts were awesome and actually had requirements, theres also ALOT to do, wth?! did you get past lvl 50? it gets good at 80-ish
    It got good for me when I had 10m and was able to merchant. That's all I did really, was merchant.

Allod's Online, but it didnt have much ppl around

10+ Year Old Account
    DDO is fun but it kinda has the "You must do this or you will be bad" kind of feel to it. Also at a certain point I think you're basically forced to pay for the game to continue. Otherwise it would take ages to gain one mini-level (forget what they're called) and you wouldn't have access to anything that could help you.

Since this topic is sort of relevant to my question, I wanted to try AoC since it went F2P, what do you think of the game right now? Good to get into? Not? Looking for something fun and free to play on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Runes of Magic... AAA MMO? Yeah, don't think so.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Since this topic is sort of relevant to my question, I wanted to try AoC since it went F2P, what do you think of the game right now? Good to get into? Not? Looking for something fun and free to play on the side.
    well it's not really F2P. ok you "can" reach max level but with all the restrictions (there are a lot) I would say it's more a better trial. but it's good for testing the game before you buy it

as for the game itself: it plays really really differently than other mmos i have played. boss fights are a lot slower..kind of, it's hard to describe because things like aggro management is a big factor (dps draws aggro very easily from tanks i they aren't careful, and there are no tool to view a threat table), or healers are more DPS-classes with healing abilities that are also shared by all healing classes together (you can have only two hots on you, doesn't matter how many healers you have, and there are "burst heals" with 1 minute cooldown on target but one for each class etc. pp...) it plays very differently than WoW.

i would say give it a try, played it for a few months this spring, and it was quite fun, especially since they cleaned some of the leveling zones up recently (or so i read...), which could lead to a bit of frustration (the zones were filled with mobs, literally, which was very annoying).

there is even a hardcore PVP server now, with more violent rules throughout the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Nest, it is very similar to GW2 playstyle, but with cartoon-anime-ish graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    Dragon Nest, it is very similar to GW2 playstyle, but with cartoon-anime-ish graphics
    Not even close. GW2 hasn't even been released yet, DN is just taking the idea to snag players until the real game comes out imo.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.