Exclamation A Solution to the Soul Swap Macro Bug!!!

First of all I registered just to let ppl know of this because I know how many ppl are crying over this bug. Its game-breaking for the spec and quite annoying.
    I'm a raiding affliction warlock, been one since 3.0. After 4.0 was released we all saw how potent Soul Swap is I personally Knew this spell would change the way the spec can be played in PvE and PvP.
    You can Easily switch targets fast enough so I tried to make macros for the spec, I had one macro that does the spell on mouseover and with Shift it does it on my focus.
    Here it is :
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] [nomod, exists, target=mouseover] [ ] Soul Swap

Until today the macro worked perfectly, till for no reason (not that I can remember) it stopped working in my pve spec and kept on working in my pvp spec, after respecing a few times it stopped working on both specs.

I know this dreaded bug from reading around on the forums and stuff, I was glad it didn't happen to me and decided to find a fix for it, specially since it was working before, And I found it.

To keep it short, Here is the fix:
    You get an error called "Spell not learned" when try to exhale soulswap the fix is simply to drop your soulswap glyph and go respec (Might not even be needed, I did it just incase) cast Soul swap and exhale it then Learn the glyph.

I did this and fixed it in both PvE and PvP specs.

Happy New year
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to use it.

Happy new year to you too!

Bump, I believe this bug needs more attention and/or sticky.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll give this a bump, but I need a few more confirmations and a long term "it's still working after x days" before I give it a sticky.

R.I.P. YARG

doesn't work for me

Tried what the OP said, sadly it didn't work (glad I was going to respec anyway ), after a lot more searching around I found this post on AJ and as odd as the suggestion sounds, it worked!

Edit: Hrm, it appears I can't post links yet, ok, well here's the content, all credit goes to Tunasaladin on AJ -

"If you take the original Soul Swap spells off your action bars, the macros work perfectly."

Quote Originally Posted by Hyacin View Post
    Tried what the OP said, sadly it didn't work (glad I was going to respec anyway ), after a lot more searching around I found this post on AJ and as odd as the suggestion sounds, it worked!

Edit: Hrm, it appears I can't post links yet, ok, well here's the content, all credit goes to Tunasaladin on AJ -

"If you take the original Soul Swap spells off your action bars, the macros work perfectly."
    The thread mentioned by the previous poster.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthre...=216180&page=2