View Poll Results: What Class Would Whoop Zombie Ass?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

    12 4.67%
  • DK

    46 17.90%
  • Druid

    18 7.00%
  • Mage

    15 5.84%
  • Warlock

    10 3.89%
  • Priest

    15 5.84%
  • Shaman

    4 1.56%
  • Rogue

    7 2.72%
  • Paladin

    109 42.41%
  • Hunter

    21 8.17%
Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What Class Has The Best Chance of Survival Against Zombies? (Realistic Version)

    All this zombie talk has got me thinking about this, What class do you think is most able to survive in a zombie epidemic?

    Here is the catch, we have to view this from a realistic POV. I know that's hard since it's world of warcraft and the zombie apocalypse, but let me lay down some guide lines for you.

    For example:

    A class like a rogue could easily just stealth around all day and never had a problem with zombies. However in this version of zombie apocalypse, his stealth would drain him of his energy. For added realism, energy/focus/mana/runic power/ammo/etc does not recharge like in the regular game. In this scenario, the "player" must conserve his powers wisely and not tap himself out before the day is over. Therefore no class can just nuke all of stormwind and cleanse the city of the undead. Eating food prevents hunger and allows the ability to recover health, drinking water prevents dehydration and allows resource recovery, and rest recovers actual health and resources. Therefore players have to eat and drink, mages...you CAN conjure food and water...but this is not very wise unless you already have a reserve of food and water.

    There is no lay on hands, no reincarnation, no OP PVE/PVP spells. There are hundreds of spells that we can debate if it's too op or not.

    Another example is the warrior. Battle hardened and conditioned for endless warfare. No doubt he could fight the longest endurance wise, but no way could he whirlwind all the way around ironforge and not die of exhaustion. Do you guys see where I'm going with this? Carrying 2 2h weapons or a sword and shield would eventually fatigue most warriors, imo, warriors would strip themselves down into mail and a single sword or axe.

    As for what class I think would have the best chance, would most likely be the hunter. As long as the hunter had ammo and traps (realism) he could be the master of holding back the undead. If he runs out, he does have minor melee abilites. A bow/cbow for night missions and his rifle for daytime hunting. Not to mention his pet only needs food and if it dies, if the hunter moves quick enough...he could tame another...if not, since this is no dps race, the hunter would not be hindered by having no pet. Worse case scenario...he could eat his pet. The hunter even has a stealth for very crucial moves around hordes of zombies.

    Take some time and think about how each class would do in a zombie situation. Think more realistically (if that's possible) and not if this was the actual game.
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Death Knights, they could kill a zombie and turn it against the other zombies.

  4. #4
    A "real" warlock without warlock spells is just some random cultist. A "real" paladin without paladin spells is just a random bible thumper. A "real" priest without priest spells is just the Pope.

    See where I'm going with this? Yeah, I'd just let the zombies eat me.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    ******
    Remember 3.0.......

  5. #5
    High Overlord Jawden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    148
    Frost mages. I never run out of mana, ring of frost, fire orb, water ele. cmawn.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Fandandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma. :)
    Posts
    69
    hm I'm gonna have to say priest. Cure disease to keep the zombie-fication from spreading, shadowform - you could just kinda blend in with a dark alley, you wear cloth and cary around a book and a hammer so your gear wouldn't be that taxing.

    And if all else fails, run in spamming Holy Nova till you die :P

    edit: oh and fade, it'd be like real life stealth mode cause you'd just be super cautious and make less noise while faded - it'd help you get around a crowded zombie-ful area lol
    Last edited by Fandandra; 2011-01-02 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by entick View Post
    Trying to stop [trolls] in trade chat is like trying to empty the ocean with a fork.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawden View Post
    Frost mages. I never run out of mana, ring of frost, fire orb, water ele. cmawn.
    We're not going by the game, mana does not recharge unless you are sleeping and had plenty to drink that day. Most likely being able to summon and keep out a water elemental would be exhausting enough, let alone trying to keep it alive. No elemental could fight off a very large horde of zombies...it would be ripped apart.
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

  8. #8
    I'm sorry. But I have to say, "Herr durr, Pallys." Turn Evil, Holy Wrath, EXORCISM!!!! And the long-lost Sense Undead.

  9. #9
    Paladins, we're pretty much zombie killing experts

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Robyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Posts
    430
    I stopped reading after the 3rd use of 'his' with no sign of gender neutrality. Shame, because I love zombie topics.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec.
    Posts
    1,090
    Paladin and Death Knight will be the best choice.

    Paladin because of their holy light power ((the use of mana in their case is only a ingame mecanic btw)) and the deathknight because...heh...they are already kinda dead and they can control the undead creatures easily + both of them have a very big understanding of the undead lores and creatures. Knowledge = power.


    Hunter can be a nice choice to escaped/avoid the zombies from miles and play the survivalist for months.


    And finally i want to say Druid....BUT only if they stay in a VERY NATURE environement...but beyond that...they are doomed like all the rest.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    I stopped reading after the 3rd use of 'his' with no sign of gender neutrality. Shame, because I love zombie topics.
    Wow really? I mean really... not everyone has to be PC all the time. This is some dude posting on an internet forum about a video game mostly played by other dudes. He can say "his" without some feminist freaking out on him. Chill out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  13. #13
    Well your food/water source can't be infinite so a Mage would be able to hold out the longest in a given position, and if you were ever overrun you could just invis and run away. So in terms of able to survive the longest Mage (or now that I think about it do death knights need any food or rest since they're undead anyways?). Now in terms of kicking undead ass left and right it would be pallies hands down for obvious reasons.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec.
    Posts
    1,090
    this thread is now about MEN VS WOMEN VS ZOMBIES

    I put my money on zombies over here.

    Seriously.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

  15. #15
    High Overlord Jawden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulli View Post
    We're not going by the game, mana does not recharge unless you are sleeping and had plenty to drink that day. Most likely being able to summon and keep out a water elemental would be exhausting enough, let alone trying to keep it alive. No elemental could fight off a very large horde of zombies...it would be ripped apart.
    true, the ele could at least give me enought time to blink/invis away to regen.

  16. #16
    Shaman of course. Elemental one. Because if we want realism, then earthquake should destroy whole place with zombies in it.

  17. #17
    Imo, DKs using Pestilence ^^

    also, can i use Wandering Plague ? XD

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    I stopped reading after the 3rd use of 'his' with no sign of gender neutrality. Shame, because I love zombie topics.
    I'm not sure who taught you, but my professors have told me time and time again it is perfectly acceptable to use one gender if only you use one gender. (MLA Regulations) I don't know about you, but during a zombie apocalypse I DO NOT CARE what gender you are, as long as you can help me survive that's all that matters.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 06:00 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ezis View Post
    Shaman of course. Elemental one. Because if we want realism, then earthquake should destroy whole place with zombies in it.
    You do know that earthquake takes a ton of mana? Most likely you could cast or two and be completely tapped.
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

  19. #19
    Warlocks...

    DRAIN LIFE

    OH NO I'M OUT OF MANA

    DRAIN MANA

    OH NO MY FELGUARD'S DEAD

    SUMMON FELGUARD

    FELSTORMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

  20. #20
    havent seen hunter yet so ill go with that. I got my pet to sacrifice it self whenever and i can bring it back, i can camo through a lot of them, freeze them in place/slow them down, i would say feign death but they would probably eat you anyway : )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •