Poll: What Class Would Whoop Zombie Ass?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it kind of ironic talking about Zombies and realism, but anyway. Rogues, just stealth and chill. Might be boring, but you'll live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulli View Post
    You do know that earthquake takes a ton of mana? Most likely you could cast or two and be completely tapped.
    And you know that single earthquake can destroy whole city?

Quote Originally Posted by ezis View Post
    And you know that single earthquake can destroy whole city?
    Earthquake hits a small area so unless you positioned it perfectly so the city would just fall lie dominos it wouldnt do much damage.

Deleted
    Druid, Flight form, fly away from the zombies, bear form, eat the zombies, starfall, kill every zombie in the world.

Anyone with a Flying Mount : > Tbh, every Class.

Mages would win... teleport Darnassus/exodar. Hey look, no zombies here because no one is here!
    Real answer
    Im going to go with warlock. With all the minions they can summon, they are considered expendable by lore whereas hunters would be more unwilling to sacrifice their pets. If the lock loses a pet, we get another demon, they're a dime a dozen.

edit*

Cant believe I forgot about druids... Flightform... see ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Mages.

Can Conjure food/water.

Can teleport.

Can go invisible.

Can summon a water elemental than drink it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I find it kind of ironic talking about Zombies and realism, but anyway. Rogues, just stealth and chill. Might be boring, but you'll live.
    They can smell you bro.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors-Charge right into battle, would most likely kill many but go down fairly quickly

Paladins-Similar to warriors, only they have the strength of the Light (which is said to make it easier to swing their warhammers) so they would tire slower, and quite possible be able to defeat whole groups

Death Knights-This one is...hard. Can the Death Knight turn the undead to be his own minions? Howw many can he turn at once? If he can turn several, he would be able to create a massive army of them. If only one or two at a time, he would be just a little stronger than a warrior, considering his spells wouldn't have much effect on the undead

Shaman-I'm guessing that summoning elementals would be pretty draining, and you wouldn't have much time to recuperate, leaving shaman to be easy prey. They wouldn't last long with just spells though, as they would sap mana fast and hand-to-hand fighting could quite easily prove lethal for the shammy

Hunter-At first this looks good, pet and long range, but think about it. Limited ammo, and it's tiring to pull on a bow string over and over again. They would get exhausted pretty fast, and when they run out of ammo....well, a hunter fighting in melee is a dead hunter

Druid-IMO, this would be a very powerful opponent. He can go bear when surrounded by enemies, therefore lessening his damage with his thick hide, and he can use long range spells which take up mana, which isn't needed for a bear or cat

Rogue-Being in stealth wouldn't exactly be exhausting, so they could probably do it for a while, and stealth isn't really true invisibility per se. It's more "knowing how to keep in the shadows." Rogues could pick enemies off one by one, and they are known to be formidable close quarters opponents, so they could probably take on a few at a time if things get bad

Mage-You would rack up a lot of kills, but mana only lasts for so long =/ They'll die once it's gone

Warlock-Don't know that much about warlocks, but I can only imagine that summoning a demon that could last against several undead wouldn't be a picnic. Similar to shammy. Your pet will protect you for a bit, but when he dies and your mana runs out, you're f**cked

Priest-Their spells would be powerful, but mana mana mana. It'll run out, and then we have some free food for zombies

So basically, DK would be best if they could raise all the dead zombies at once, but Paladin or Druid would probably be better if that was not so.

Well, at first guess I would say paladins and priest are the best since they can cure diseases. If we don't count that in I would say a druid. They have stealth for food raids, flight form for scouting and getting away fast (I assume it would be a limited time on the transforms, but still) and other different useful stuff, i.e. fight in a forest and use entangling roots, treants and other nature-stuff.

I play a shaman btw, which should be noted since most people will vote for their own class. I'd go oom fast as hell as resto and I can't cure diseases.

I'm not sure about DKs and their ability to raise the undead. In this scenario I see them more as warriors that have seen the other side of death. I imagine they would be much more fearless yet knowledgeable of the undead and how to work in their wrath.

If anything, the DK is at a huge disadvantage. His diseases would do almost nothing to zombies and his own ghoul/gargoyle would be eventually killed and turn on the DK!!! The DK has some crowd control and some physical attacks and that's about it. (I don't play a DK so I don't know what all they have)
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

Actually I change my mind.

Death Knight.

Whens the last time you saw a zombie eat another zombie?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    paladin or priest for sure. they have the whole holy thing going on. maybe rogues because they can just stealth but thats lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter.
    What are other classes gonna eat when the food runs out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    Warriors-Charge right into battle, would most likely kill many but go down fairly quickly

Paladins-Similar to warriors, only they have the strength of the Light (which is said to make it easier to swing their warhammers) so they would tire slower, and quite possible be able to defeat whole groups

Death Knights-This one is...hard. Can the Death Knight turn the undead to be his own minions? Howw many can he turn at once? If he can turn several, he would be able to create a massive army of them. If only one or two at a time, he would be just a little stronger than a warrior, considering his spells wouldn't have much effect on the undead

Shaman-I'm guessing that summoning elementals would be pretty draining, and you wouldn't have much time to recuperate, leaving shaman to be easy prey. They wouldn't last long with just spells though, as they would sap mana fast and hand-to-hand fighting could quite easily prove lethal for the shammy

Hunter-At first this looks good, pet and long range, but think about it. Limited ammo, and it's tiring to pull on a bow string over and over again. They would get exhausted pretty fast, and when they run out of ammo....well, a hunter fighting in melee is a dead hunter

Druid-IMO, this would be a very powerful opponent. He can go bear when surrounded by enemies, therefore lessening his damage with his thick hide, and he can use long range spells which take up mana, which isn't needed for a bear or cat

Rogue-Being in stealth wouldn't exactly be exhausting, so they could probably do it for a while, and stealth isn't really true invisibility per se. It's more "knowing how to keep in the shadows." Rogues could pick enemies off one by one, and they are known to be formidable close quarters opponents, so they could probably take on a few at a time if things get bad

Mage-You would rack up a lot of kills, but mana only lasts for so long =/ They'll die once it's gone

Warlock-Don't know that much about warlocks, but I can only imagine that summoning a demon that could last against several undead wouldn't be a picnic. Similar to shammy. Your pet will protect you for a bit, but when he dies and your mana runs out, you're f**cked

Priest-Their spells would be powerful, but mana mana mana. It'll run out, and then we have some free food for zombies

So basically, DK would be best if they could raise all the dead zombies at once, but Paladin or Druid would probably be better if that was not so.

Im all with this guy

Deleted
    Depends on the zombie, if they're susceptible to religious crap it'd be paladins but otherwise rogues would just pwn. Stealth? Vanish? Forget about it :P

Deleted
    Death Knights are already dead and have been raised by the Lich King himself. Could the zombie plague still infect a corpse powered byt the new Lich King?

I have chosen warlock by the way. Since they should be the least concerned, when dealing with walking corpses.

Deleted
    I may be biased but I am going with hunter on this one. Hunter or druid.

Assuming that this hypothetical zombie apocalypse is just a case of the dead returning to life to snack on the brrrrraaaaaainnzzz of the living sentient races and NOT a case of a zombie apocalyptic desert wasteland, then hunters would be the best suited for long term survival as they would have no shortage of food or ammo. Zombie plagues rarely infect nature so trees and animals would theoretically survive unharmed. This would result in plenty of food for the hunter and the wood from the trees can easily be converted into arrows or replacement bows. Any hunter worth their salt would know how to do this.

The hunter is, by its very nature, a wilderness survival expert. It has camo, it has traps and, at a pinch, it has FD and a pet willing to provide a noticable distraction to allow the hunter to make an escape should the situation become very dire.

Druids are the second most likely to survive because they posess the ability to change into animals or trees and these forms are generally ignored by zombies. It would be safe to assume that druid in bear or cat form would be able to survive indefinitely.

Mages, priests, shammies and locks would all be able to put up a good fight and decimate the zombie hordes but with mana being a vital resource they would not last in a prolonged fight.

Warriors would charge into battle and present a massive obstacle to the zombies as they desperately try to figure out how to use a can opener to get at the tasty brrrraaaainzz but, if raptors can open doors, then you can be assured a zombie will figure out how to get into a suit of armor, in time. The physical effort of walking around in a solid suit of armor, lack of long rage offense and poor regeneration abilities would result in warriors being very prone to being snacked upon. Their only saving grace is a general lack of brrrrraaaainz upon which the zombies to snack. Dumb warriors.

Paladins. Well, everyone seems to think that the holy warrior would be the best suited to survival in a zombie apocalypse. Not so, I say. Paladins are also weighed down by their armor and weaponry. They certainly do possess unique skills with which to combat the undead but they are all governed by mana which is a finite resource. Over time they would be worn down by constant battle, an inability to repair their armor and weaponry and soon they would be left with naught but their spells to protect them which, also, in time would fail them. Faith - when the end of the world comes and your friends are all turned into canapes for the undead horde, where will yours be, hmm?

DKs are another class which would, theoretically, be able to hold their own against the undead. Possibly. Their resource is runic power which, unlike most other resources, is gained through combat as opposed to drained. This gives them a huge advantage. The ability to raise an undead army of their own (does 10 zombies REALLY make an army though?) gives them a slight edge but not a huge one. Again, however, they are reliant on weaponry and armor which cannot be repaired in the wild. While they may last a lot longer than the other classes they would still succumb to the rigours of time and be left fighting in the nude with sticks and stones as weaponry. Although they have been brought back from death once before they can still die and, as they are able to reason, they have brains which are most likely edible. Sweet, edible brrrrrraaaaaainz.

Rogues. Nup. Not a chance. Vanish is about the only useful skill they have in a zombie invasion but that too of questionable value. Save yourselves the trouble and cut your brrraaaainz out with an anesthetic-coated knife and leave it on a plate for the zombies.

Deleted
    Death Knight is an undead so he should do great with zombies. And Paladin then again is made for killing undead...

considering pallies were made for fighting undead...this wasnt much of a poll..