2) Reforge everything, including extra spirit, to haste
    3) If a stat has haste already, change the crit into mastery

Gemming:
    Red slots - Int
    Blue slots - Spirit
    Yellow slots - Haste
    Meta - 54 + Crit, 3% crit damage

Priority (With only one target):
    Flame shock if under 2 seconds > Lava Burst > Fulmination/EarthShock > Lightning Bolt

Searing and WoA are always up, unless fire ele is.

I seem to max out, fully raid buffed, in iLvl 350 at around 15k, with Elemental Mastery, Lifeblood, Hero, AND volcanic potion popped. On average i do 10-11k. I see people saying that 14k is low, and they generally do 16-18k. What am I doing wrong?!?
    Last edited by kriissii1; 2011-01-02 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

Stop gemming for spirit, reforge until you are hit capped. Only spirit gems you should have are int/spirit purple color gems(which wont actually be put into play until Blizz changes the old crit meta back). Change your meta for now.

Dont clip your flame shock.

I tend to start a fight with LB>Chain> flame shock> continue regular priority.
    Gives a nice opening burst.

I wouldnt recommend using the Alchemy stone, the mastery is nice but the stam is useless as a dps stat, there are pretty trinkets in heroics.

my friend is an ele shamm 341ilvl equipped and pulls like 11-13k on heroic boss fights.
    soooo, yea.

your gear seems pretty much on par with mine (a few days ago) and your DPS seems low.

On bosses, (for example first boss in "Lost City of TolVir" i used to pull about 15k (no lust) only popping ele mastery, orc racial and a USE trinket.

your gear / enchants / stats all seem fine, so it leaves 2 possibilities. (overall values compared to mine + i didnt have the 3% meta)

1. That god horrible alchemist trinket is as bad as i thought it is. OR

2. You are not following your rotation. The fact you copy+pasted it and not just wrote it out like anyone who knew it back-2-front is questionable. for example

this is how i would of explained what im doing

1. pop totems (fire ele when ready / searing if not)
    2. Flametongue and Lightning shield ON
    2. Cast Flameshock
    3. Pop my ele mastery and racial + any USE trinkets - because my EQUIP trinket is likely to proc in the first 5 seconds of the fight
    4. instant cast Lava
    5. Cast LB until i proc a free Lava OR its ready
    6. When fulmination hits 7, i glance at my FShock timer, if more than 6, i use EarthShock

rince and repeat
    Last edited by Cyclonus; 2011-01-02 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyne View Post
    Stop gemming for spirit, reforge until you are hit capped. Only spirit gems you should have are int/spirit purple color gems(which wont actually be put into play until Blizz changes the old crit meta back). Change your meta for now.

I wouldnt recommend using the Alchemy stone, the mastery is nice but the stam is useless as a dps stat, there are pretty trinkets in heroics.
    Ill try changing all this stuff around. How do you feel about the trinket from valor points?

---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 06:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    your gear seems pretty much on par with mine (a few days ago) and your DPS seems low.

On bosses, (for example first boss in "Lost City of TolVir" i used to pull about 15k (no lust) only popping ele mastery, orc racial and a USE trinket.

your gear / enchants / stats all seem fine, so it leaves 2 possibilities. (overall values compared to mine + i didnt have the 3% meta)

1. That god horrible alchemist trinket is as bad as i thought it is. OR

2. You are not following your rotation. The fact you copy+pasted it and not just wrote it out like anyone who knew it back-2-front is questionable. for example

this is how i would of explained what im doing

1. pop totems (fire ele when ready / searing if not)
    2. Flametongue and Lightning shield ON
    2. Cast Flameshock
    3. Pop my ele mastery and racial + any USE trinkets - because my EQUIP trinket is likely to proc in the first 5 seconds of the fight
    4. instant cast Lava
    5. Cast LB until i proc a free Lava OR its ready
    6. When fulmination hits 7, i glance at my FShock timer, if more than 6, i use EarthShock

rince and repeat
    Yeah, i do follow it perfectly. I dont deviate from it except with the occasional lag after a lava surge proc (Really bad weather here is messing my internet up). It seems like the consensus that the trinket is REALLY that bad >.<

The Valor Trinket is ok for on demand burst with CD's, but i recommend the trinket from Hellscream's Reach reputation. Will get you hit capped and a nice proc.

The Valor Trinket is ok for on demand burst with CD's, but i recommend the trinket from Hellscream's Reach reputation. Will get you hit capped and a nice proc.
    Awesome, Thanks everyone. I assume that hellscream and baradin have the same rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    my friend is an ele shamm 341ilvl equipped and pulls like 11-13k on heroic boss fights.
    soooo, yea.
    thats slightly different, heroic bosses are level 87, the hit cap for 88 is way bigger

He is actually correct by clipping flame shock, if you clip with under 3 seconds left the last tick adds to your next flame shock (so you need to clip it with less than 3 seconds left).
    I would also not open with chain lightning in a raid for the simple fact that mana is actually becoming an issue. I always start with lightning bolt > flame shock > instant lava burst, because the first lightning bolt might proc clearcasting and give 10% damage to lava burst.

In your pants you have a 20 haste/20 hit gem, you should ditch that and get a 20 hit / 20 intellect gem. You should also gem for the socket bonus (even in blue(use a 20 hit/20 intellect gem)) and in return reforge the crit that you reforged to spirit, to haste. Try to get capped through 20 hit/20 intellect gems before you start reforging crit to spirit.

Bracers, Feet, hands > enchant for haste

Quote Originally Posted by mustangzs2 View Post
    He is actually correct by clipping flame shock, if you clip with under 3 seconds left the last tick adds to your next flame shock (so you need to clip it with less than 3 seconds left).
    I would also not open with chain lightning in a raid for the simple fact that mana is actually becoming an issue. I always start with lightning bolt > flame shock > instant lava burst, because the first lightning bolt might proc clearcasting and give 10% damage to lava burst.
    Didnt know about the last tick adding to your next flame shock o.o.

With LB>Chain> flame you have 3 chances to proc clear casting for 10% damage to LvBurst. And it wont hurt your mana too bad, usually should be able to regen it back while Elemental Overload is up and youre spamming LB with everything else on CD.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, first off.
    a couple of your enchants seem out of place, you should NEVER enchant/gem/reforge for crit, it's our weakest stat, also haste > mastery when it also comes to DPS, since you'll be getting more casts off, thus allowing more chances for our mastery to proc. Also the green gem in your legs is going to be switched. as Haste + Hit will never yield as much dps as Int + spirit(since spirit also gives mana regen, enabling more casts). Also, I don't know how good the alchemist stone is for elemental(I personally don't bother using it, I use a hit rating trink to reforge hit into haste).

Hope this helps!

Edit: Your glyphs are also going to need to be changed.
    Your prime glyphs are fine, don't change those. However, you're going to want to switch to the lightning shield glyph(recommend switching out Healing Stream for that) since it will save you a GCD and it will save you some trouble, as you won't be needing to cast Lightning Shield over and over(presuming something taking it off). I don't know what kinda content you're seeing(raids or heroics) as Hex is somewhat unneeded for raiding(you should be able to keep a target Hex'd easily). Also, if you're having mana issues, switch to the TStorm minor glyph, as the knockback really isn't necessary in PvE.

Edit #2: Lol hey, you're on my server :P
    Last edited by Tehadam; 2011-01-02 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Found some more things