Am I doing something wrong? Arms/Fury DPS

I've tried out both fury and arms dps, mainly in intsances since my guild mates are still in the running of gearing up after not playing due to exams etcetc

In heroics currently I'm normally sitting on about 12k dps single target dps, while on multiple targets I can come over 15k. As arms
    While Fury on the other hand, I'm sitting mostly down to 9k! Which is a 3k dps loss, from reading EJ and other forums I had the impression normally fury dps should be stronger.
    I've tried both the capping hit and expertise as high as possible(Sitting at 26exp, and 15% hit) and strength/crit as much as possible while barely softcapping hit. But being ragestarved and loss of enrage uptime due to RNG I feelt hat arms is alot more consistent and less RNG and barely ever downtime on rage.

is my rotation on fury just way off what it should be and the dps difference is purely from my side? Or would you think that before fury hard cap is within reach arms dps being stronger is a possibility?

Deleted
    at this times it's pretty common that arms performs better than fury. the fact that hit cap is pretty high is one of the issues at the moment.
    although there is a way to perform well as fury by excellent rage management, it's actually "better" to stick to arms right now (more fun for a majority of people).